It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benevolent Islam? Yep--But only toward Jihadists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Remember the Bali Bombings? There were a number of Muslims jailed for that brutal attack. What kinds of sentences do you think they would have recieved in the US; or Australia; or UK? But in Indonesia, a country where literal Islam (Wahabi) is becoming predominant, they get off for "good behavior".

Two Islamic militants jailed for the Bali bombings that killed 202 people were freed yesterday and nine others had their sentences reduced to mark the end of the Islamic fasting month, officials said.

Nine others convicted of minor roles in the bombings -- from withholding information that could have helped police to helping finance the strikes -- also had one-and-a-half months cut from their sentences.

*fixed link

[edit on 26-10-2006 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
wounder how many IRA members and so on were freed for good friday

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That site also says:

Mujarod bin Salim and Sirojul Munir, who were convicted of hiding two of the masterminds of the suicide bombings, had up to 45 days shaved from their five-year sentences.

They were only sentenced to 5 years, so a reduction of 45 days doesn't look like much.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
this doesn't show anything about the religion, just the messed up legal system in another country

this has nothing to do with islam, only to do with how corrupt a legal system is

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
this doesn't show anything about the religion, just the messed up legal system in another country

this has nothing to do with islam...

Actually; it does. I'm reposting the link since, for some reason, it didn't work in the original post.

Two Islamic militants jailed for the Bali bombings that killed 202 people were freed yesterday and nine others had their sentences reduced to mark the end of the Islamic fasting month, officials said.
Bold addes for emphasis.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Actually; it does. I'm reposting the link since, for some reason, it didn't work in the original post.

And how does this relates to the religion in your opinion? How can the timing or occasion of release relate to Islam? Funny!

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
wounder how many IRA members and so on were freed for good friday

Who cares? And how is this relevent? And if you are able to relate the IRA to this subject, you are expected to show proof that they were freed for good Friday.

Freedom_for_sum

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sw0rdD

And how does this relates to the religion in your opinion? How can the timing or occasion of release relate to Islam? Funny!

Did you not read that the sentences were reduced to mark the end of the Islamic fasting month? Or do you only read what you want to read?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
Who cares? And how is this relevent? And if you are able to relate the IRA to this subject, you are expected to show proof that they were freed for good Friday.

Freedom_for_sum

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
here is my hyperbole

bbc

The release of paramilitary prisoners was the first aspect to dominate the headlines. For nationalists, reform of the RUC - or lack of it as some would have it - has been among the most important issues.

i see its not just in muslim countries people are excused

You're attempting to equate IRA paramilitary who fought over political issues (civil war) to terrorists who targeted and killed innocent civilians in a single attack? Yeah---that's relevent to this thread------NOT! Even prisoners of war get released when the fighting is done and they don't get charged with murder. Your comparison is not even half-baked

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The reason Bodrul said what they did was, as usual, to deflect the light of truth about Islam and it followers and what they do and don't do.

Since there was clearly no way to spin or defend what the Muslims did, Bodrul had to change the subject so she could rail about "non-Muslim" religions, instead of dealing with the topic at hand.

I find it sad, but completely common.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Since there was clearly no way to spin or defend what the Muslims did, Bodrul had to change the subject so she could rail about "non-Muslim" religions, instead of dealing with the topic at hand.

Changing the topic is precisely what Islamapologists do when they can't defend their position. Thanks for the input mrmonsoon.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
The reason Bodrul said what they did was, as usual, to deflect the light of truth about Islam and it followers and what they do and don't do.

thank you for twisting my point

islamoapoligist (do you just get that word out your right side?)

the reason i said it is because its done in many countries (that includes non muslim nations) these men that we released werent even that of a threat (harboring them)
so next time think twice before posting such a ridiculous reply if you cant think of anything constructive to say,

[edit on 27-10-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Did you not read that the sentences were reduced to mark the end of the Islamic fasting month? Or do you only read what you want to read?

But what does this have to do with the religion of Islam? The decision was made by the government, and is something, from my understanding, that happens every year in Indonesia.

Indonesia traditionally cuts prison terms for inmates who exhibit good behavior on national holidays and the justice ministry said more than 43,000 convicts benefited this time.

. The government says three militants on death row for the Bali attacks -- Amrozi, Ali Gufron and Imam Samudra -- and three others sentenced to life are not eligible for the sentence reductions

While I agree letting covicted terrorists out of jail early should be a big no no, how does it have anything to do with religion?? Its government.

[edit on 10/27/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
While I agree letting covicted terrorists out of jail early should be a big no no, how does it have anything to do with religion?? Its government.
[edit on 10/27/2006 by pstiffy]

The prisoners were released in recognition of Ramadan. The same doesn't happen for any other religion in the country because it's primarily an Islamic nation. Islam is very intolerant of other religions and therefore it's about religion.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The prisoners were released in recognition of Ramadan. The same doesn't happen for any other religion in the country because it's primarily an Islamic nation.

Could you show us any proof that they only do this for Muslims?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
How are you insult the religion of peace! You should feel ashamed for your intolerance and your extreme bias towards racist, imperialist western civilization!

join