It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim leader: It's the woman's fault who is raped. She's "uncovered meat"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Firstly due to the stupidity of the previous Labour Government who against the advice of their own Immigration Minister granted citizenship to the Mufti we cannot send him back to Egypt. I should also comment that the Egyptians do not want him back anyway.

What the Mufti said was totally unacceptable and that goes without saying. As to his followers, why should we be surprised that he has 5000 supporters as has been quoted? By and large we are talking about disenfranchised youth who have little regard for the law, rules and decency.

They have been total that it is OK to rape and act badly and to flaunt the law. Of course they are going to flock to hear this rubbish because it is reinforcing their behaviour.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
In my view, this only proves that MOST Muslims, even those considered "moderate", have similar twisted views of their world around them. Of course; that addoring crowd of 5000 are a tiny minority!!

Careful...

While we may not agree with it, we're talking about people's religious beliefs. That is a very touchy subject. Views like that are what starts wars.. nevermind tick off those Muslims who are *not* of that ilk.

The West's views are twisted, Islam's views are twisted... Everyone is twisted to their own personal ends.

To automatically denounce them because our views are twisted in another direction is just as wrong, and in fact is no different than the 'bad guys' we're trying to 'fix' or 'root out'.

Originally posted by ResistanciaI am ignorant when it comes to Muslim law and culture, maybe I need to be more familiar.

Yes!!!
I agree that we all need to set aside our personal sentiments and learn. I do not see any other way of reaching any sort of compromise with *anyone* without first learning their language/way of thinking -- in this case, their religion.

If we do not *understand* the problem as best as we can, then we have no chance of change.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's fairly obvious some Muslim men don't consider women worthy of having souls either. Don't they believe their purpose in Heaven is to be some man's virgin? I don't think people with this kind of mentality will be getting any kind of after-life reward. More likely they'll come back a women whose gang raped. That's karmic justice.

new topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join