It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

terrorist attack in australia in the next few days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
AFP informed of mine explosive theft

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has been notified of the theft of 76 kilograms of explosives from a mine site west of Mackay, in north Queensland.

An AFP spokeswoman says the theft occurred at Glenden sometime before Thursday, although police were not notified straight away.

The AFP was made aware of the crime via its joint counter-terrorism team with the Queensland Police Service.

Queensland Premier Peter Beattie has played down the security risk posed by the theft.

He says Mines Department officers believe the explosives have been taken by someone wanting to split rocks or remove tree stumps.

source:abc news

scarey stuff, apparently its the same kind of explosives used in the bally bombings
with any luck its just a childish prank, or some idiot who will only blow himself up by accidnt ( not that i wish that on anyone) and not innocent people

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi ivzm,

It was also reported on 7News this morning in Sydney (Thursday) that 400kg of some chemical (can't recall the name of the stuff).

I had not heard of the theft in Queensland.

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Report here in Sydney that it is the same material used in the Bali Bombings.
This is worrying....

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks Slaine01,

I was wrong about the time of the theft too.

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
one things for sure i plan to stear clear of the cbd, peak time public transport and any political figures untill the explosives are found, or worse

i wonder why this isnt front line news all over the country

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yeah I agree very little coverage.

Just had a brief piece about it on local news (Newcastle NSW). Saying it was most likely taken for fertiliser...same tack as in the Queensland theft.

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I heard the stuff stolen itself is not explosive, but mixed with another ingrediant you can get a mighty big bang out of it. The way it was pulled off, it seems was very organised, they must have known the source, the destination, time of travel, the logistics and manpower to quickly transport 400kg's of the stuff into a truck or utes, and get away cleanly.

Sorry for my scepticism, but it all seems abit too easy a job for the average joe-blow or should that be the average ali-ahmed to pull off. I am pretty sure that very soon we will see Australia's version of 911 on our own soil, and it will not be done by homegrown terrorist, thou they will get the blame but to push Australia down the very same path the US is currently taking aswell as Britain in regard to removal of civil liberties and freedoms.

Basically, Johny Howard knows Australia needs it's own terrorist attack on home soil to make the impact he seeks amongst the public, and to galvanise support for his deceitful law ammendments.

It is sad, and I beleive it is true. And when, not if this happens, you will know that unfortunately, the good 'ol Aussie spirit has been raped by our current political regime and hit the same lows that the US and Britain have.

Rest in Peace that which all the ANZAC's faught for.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hey Melb Militia,

Are you in my head ???

I could not agree with you more!!!

Johnny and George Double Trouble great mates

In Pace Always

resi

NOT ONE VULGARITY

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
couldnt aggre with you more melbourne_m

if its a government job that might explain the utter lack of news coverage on such a potentialy eath shattering theft or thefts. as it seams there has been 2 thefts one a smaller 98kg haul and another massive 400kg haul.

no im no explosives expert but even i know 500kgs of fertaliser will give one hell of a bang, if im not mistaken oklahoma only took 50-100kg (dont quote me on that) so imagin that 5 or perhaps 10 fold

i can only hope that my loved ones and i are a great distance from where ever this gose down

top topics

join