It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According To Cheney: Democrats Aren't Doing Enough To Fight Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
In the five plus years since 9-11, there has not been another terrorist attack on American soil. This doesn't mean that there has not been any terror attacks worldwide. The number of terrorist attacks has went up since 2001. However, the Bush & Cheney Conglomerate in D. C. is saying otherwise.

www.foxnews.com
MILWAUKEE — Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that Democratic leaders aren't doing enough to fight terrorism and said Americans must "reject any strategy of resignation and defeatism in the face of determined enemies."

Cheney, speaking at a party fundraiser, said Republicans must keep national security on the minds of voters heading into the November midterm election.

Cheney used his 20-minute address to defend the Bush administration's war on terrorism and point fingers at Democrats.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This shot by Cheney at the Democrats is just another curveball thrown that this administration has thrown towards the American public. In the time since 9-11, only about ten attacks have been foiled. The thing is it that there might have been more attacks foiled than what we're told. This administration has done little, if anything, to keep another terrorist attack from happening here. Just two months ago, two men were arrested in Marietta, Ohio on suspicions of aiding terrorists. This came after being the two had been seen buying hundreds of those Tracphone cellular phones. Supposedly, the phones were to be sent over to Iraq to be used in bombings. Those two were released after the evidence was thrown out.

This Ports of Dubai that went through recently should be declared an act of treason!!! You do not let a country that possibly supports terrorism run ports in this country. I mean, who knows what could happen now since that deal went down. What did the Bush Administration do about it??? They did not do a thing about it, they just sat up there in Washington when this was going on!!!! Plus, this administration has been a do nothing policy maker when it comes to preventing terror attacks on our infrastructure. It would be nothing for a terrorist to detonate a truck bomb and completely wipe out a bridge or multiple bridges in coreographed attacks. If you look at what some of the latest attacks have targeted, it shouldn't really surprise you. The last few major attacks have centered on mass transit and railway systems. If you look at the security at some of the railyards and train stations, other than Union Terminal in Washington, Grand Central and Penn Station in New York City, it will scare you to death. This administration has done nothing to help secure our rail lines!!! That to me is pathetic and it makes me sick.

People tell me that this administration has kept another attack from happening here. Well, I got news for you folks that say that. No terrorist attack has actually been thwarted yet. I can gaurantee you this that before 2008, there will be another terrorist attack here in the States. I will say this also, it would not surprise me if it did occur on a railroad system here.

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.cnn.com

[edit on 24-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'll never listen to a word that a guy who can't tell the difference between a bird and a man says

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What real power, if any, do the dems really have right now to do anything? Sort of a moot point, but as we all know this is not about the reality, it's about keeping the Senate/Congress after elections. I bet he will keep reminding us about the war on terror. After all, fear mongering is the prime way they keep people in line.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What is Cheney sqawking about? The Republicans already have the presidency, the house, the senate, and the judicial system. He's got the deck stacked in his favor. C'mon Cheney you guys control everything so do something! Make us more safe please!

I wake up every morning just afraid to leave my house because of terrorists.. Oh oops I lied. I just remembered I have a better chance of dying in a car accident on the way to work than a terrorist getting me.

top topics

join