It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US govt Stargate Iraq theory how did it all start??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I see that a lot of people believe in the theory that the US govt have a stargate or they went to Iraq looking for a stargate. How did this notion come about who started it all???

This also sounds similar to Hitler's quest for Atlantis is Bush as crazy as him or is there more to it?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
maby becuz the sumerians noted aliens in theire ancient text's and artifacts. And there really was no good reason for going to war other than greed & hatred (no, not peace, terrorists or weapons of mass destruction).

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 137
maby becuz the sumerians noted aliens in theire ancient text's and artifacts. And there really was no good reason for going to war other than greed & hatred (no, not peace, terrorists or weapons of mass destruction).

thats fair enough but the greed for oil was a good enough explanation for me but there is no evidence of the US Govt being interested in the 'Stargate' so what I want to know is where and when that theory first vame about?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What makes people think that anyone has a stargate or they even exist, and in Iraq of all places

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I believe it was by a Dr. Sallas he wrote a paper in 2003 about The Iraq stargate theory.

"He believes that the U.S., Russia, Germany and France have been aware that the Anunnaki left behind some very high-tech apparatus, and possibly weaponry, when they abandoned the Earth around 1,700 B.C., and that Saddam Hussein had been getting assistance from Russian, German and French archaeological teams for years in an attempt to unravel, and perhaps reverse-engineer, this apparatus, which Salla claims is probably far in advance of any technology we might have obtained from the Grays from Zeta Reticuli" and which is supposedly warehoused at Area 51 in Nevada.

snoedel.punt.nl...

ATS had a thread on the stargate story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very interesting theory.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Tell me how many of these "Stargate" theories existed before the television series went into commision and on air ? Dont remember hearing anything about this beforehand..just call me mr cynical thats all

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
Tell me how many of these "Stargate" theories existed before the television series went into commision and on air ? Dont remember hearing anything about this beforehand..just call me mr cynical thats all

Is this true? does anyone have a different opinion or has anyone found a 'real stargate' theory that existed before the film?

I had a quick look in google but all I get back is existing threads from ATS

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Please keep in mind that I have no belief or interest on this topic.

Before the series there was the movie. That was 12 years ago. I doubt there were any theories. However the links are there.

The person who first came up with the stargate theory in Iraq was a man by the name of William Henry. I'm not sure whether or not he is involved with the theory of reasoning behind US's invasion.

The largest 'source' of information on this topic besides BBS sites was This.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Before the series there was the movie. That was 12 years ago. I doubt there were any theories. However the links are there.

I believe it was the Stargate movie that later became a series and still is shown on the science fiction channel.

The person who first came up with the stargate theory in Iraq was a man by the name of William Henry.

It was Dr. Michael E. Salla see link above.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Actually apon reinspection I found it to be neither.
Dr. Michael E. Salla wrote the paper (found on the site) about the theory.
William Henry was an Author whom supported the veiws on the theory.

Apon reinspection I found it to be Zecharia Sitchin.
He translated the Ancient Sumerian texts back in 1976, and found that they contained information on the 'stargate' in question.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Apon reinspection I found it to be Zecharia Sitchin.
He translated the Ancient Sumerian texts back in 1976, and found that they contained information on the 'stargate' in question.

Yes I have his book on the link between Humans and estraterrestials.

Very interesting book.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The speculation about the possibility of a device called a "Stargate" actually existing is a result of the television shows/movie of the same name.

It is often the case that should a television show portray a technology or outlandish device, our intrigued membership will post up a thread stating "Could this actually exist...." and that is basically how all the Stargate stuff started.

As has been mentioned, no discussion of such a device (specifically called a Stargate) exists before the movie was created.

I wouldn't believe anything you hear about this subject, it's all theory and conjecture that has been dragged on and little bits of information "added on" and expanded over years to the point people think of it as holding some level of fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I wouldn't believe anything you hear about this subject, it's all theory and conjecture that has been dragged on and little bits of information "added on" and expanded over years to the point people think of it as holding some level of fact.

Whats funny about this subject is that the little bit of adding on has got people believing that Bush invaded Iraq because of the 'Stargate' and that Saddam sent the WMDs through the Startgate. That is just silly everyone knows there were no WMDs

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Are there any pre 1994 notes of trans-planetary teleports linked to either egyptian, sumerian or other ancient cultures? Term stargate should be taken as a Movie influence, but are there other papers on subject exept the Sitchin translations that lead to the movie?

Any post '94 info is most likely "contaminated" by the movie and the Series (good serie btw)

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

i agree with simon gray when he says that there isnt anything called the stargate how ever it is intirerly possible that somthing like the "stargate" exist and the film and tv seris' merely put a name to the "face" as it were

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I remember talk of the Iraq invasion being about seeking technology, in fact the discussions went on to be very deep indeed, and im not talking about here on ATS, im talking think tank discussions bringing the subject up before 911, nowhere did i ever hear the word Stargate mentioned, it spiraled into a Stargate in the usual way, linking idea's from TV shows into idea's already existing.

As Simongray said, forget all the TV nonsense, there is no connection at all, the idea of technology and the search for it has been around it seems for decades, it only took a couple of bright sparks slipping it into the "WHAT IF" category, somewhere in one of my posts from when i first registered was a mention and a link to the idea, the people who first thought about the possibility as usual get no recognition for the idea.

I thought the idea that the Iraq invasion was to seek technology was fantastic and well thought out, that is until the link to the stories from the Movie and Series of Stargate SG1 ha been added, that is when the idea of these great folk became lost in the farce.

These people im talking about are members of Think Tanks, each member is a member of another group, and that groups members are members of another and so on, they get together and discuss world events, no subject is taboo, they sit maybe in a pub, and talk about things and personal ideas, which then become expanded as they share what other groups have discussed about the topics, sounds complicated, but when you think the members of these groups come from all walks of life, Scientists, Engineers, even joe blow, anyone can join, as long as the rules are not broken, it is surprising how deep the conversations go as the beer goes down.

Even today still we get intergalactic federations, and alliances, just this week it reared its head again, all that kind of talk does is make a mockery out of a perfectly reasonable idea, nobody ever said it was fact (the search for ancient technology) i think when the idea of ancient technology comes up, people imagination runs away with itself, ancient technology could be something as simple as the Baghdad battery, IMO its something a lot more, but it has nothing to do with the Jaffa, or gouaoulds, Asgard shielding, or even the traveling to distant planets in the blink of an eye, i do believe however it is important to someone.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
life to me is that much of a miracle in the first place ! it has to be a miracle come the end !

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

well said and a wonderfull summary of the whole debacle`.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is truely amazing, exactly what I'm looking for and I'm on board 100%.

Have there been any recent updates or discoveries in this field?

What has really happened in Iraq since 2003?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyscience

If the war was about oil, then it is hard to explain that what was spent in the 1st year is equal to about 20 years of oil being purchased without war.

So if they squandered all this "money on the war for oil", why didn't they just buy it instead??

Possibly the tv show is for future assimilation & indoctrination of the masses, showing that some ET's are friwendly and some are not re: "V" The tv series.

The was a stargate before Zacharia, it's a hyperspace portal.

HADES

HADES

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join