It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scaremongering by the Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oks I watched this report from Sky News today, one of their reporters had an interview with a representative from the Taliban, hiding out in Pakistan.

My question wouldbe Is this the media trying to scare us all in the UK, with this Report?

Or should us brits take note of this threat?

A Taliban commander has told Sky News that the militants are for the first time plotting to attack Westerners in Britain and the rest of Europe.

In a rare interview, the commander insisted the militants had stockpiles of weapons and would never give-up exacting revenge from what he called "the foreign invaders".

He confirmed that Taliban fighters are taking refuge within neighbouring Pakistan and are being helped by locals sympathetic to their cause.

Sky's Asia Correspondent Alex Crawford and her cameraman Phil Hooper travelled to the dangerous Pakistani border region for an exclusive report.

SOURCE

Is it just me or is this just scaremongerin? How do others members in here see this article? Do you see it as scare mongerin or see it as it looks a threat?

There is also a video link, to the interview. At the bottom off the page

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If you are all quaking in your boots after this report than you got more of a problem I fear than just "scaremongering"......

chill out! relax!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Spencer--

Personally, my take is the any threat from radical Islam (or radical anybody else) should be taken seriously. However, the same should not be met with "paranoia"--rather, Awareness on the part of the individual Citizen.

I think everybody in the free world needs to understand a basic truth regards Insurgent Warfare. It is an endless cycle of small actions carried out with low-tech, but highly effective, tools. It's purpose is Attrition and Fear. Sadly, such warfare continues so long as there is a single dissident with a single round--or other tool--that has a gripe against majority society and the will to carry out an act of terror.

A pertinant quote, here, from Sun Tsu's, "The Art of War". One cannot contend with a Man who has nothing to loose. The Jihadists have nothing to loose, so long as they believe that they are fighting a Holy War for Allah, and they will achieve a higher and better state of Being if the Martyr themselves in the process. These are extremely powerful motives--and should always be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If you are all quaking in your boots after this report than you got more of a problem I fear than just "scaremongering

Question for you. Did you even have a look at the article as well as the video interview?

And btw im not shaken in my boots as ye put it. Simple as this they target British citizens, then Muslims in the UK will be targetted also.

So I say le them come ahead, then what was asked about racial war in the UK I can see that happenin. (i.e. RIOTS), bigger than the birmigham riots or the poll taxs riots years ago.

Personally, my take is the any threat from radical Islam (or radical anybody else) should be taken seriously. However, the same should not be met with "paranoia"--rather, Awareness on the part of the individual Citizen.

I dont get me wrong, I watched the interview with this so called guy from the taliban, made me sit up in my chair, as he as being interviewed. I might be a little more alert now since this has come out. Why the hell would the UK Gov allow sky news to show this anyways on UK TV. This is going to rise tensions more in the UK.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
its all scare mongering....

werent all muslims warned to leave new york and washington by tommorrow. didnt the only news reporter to interview bin landen post 9/11 warn of the nuke attacks occuring by tommorrow. Hasnt that nut job paul williams stated the impending nuke attack will be occuring shortly, mind you you need to buy his book to learn about such things. Its gooten to the point where every major news source posted the AQ nuke trigger man's picture because of some loser kikd looking for attention.

Well were all goin to see how much of a complete joke this all really is within the next 24 hours. Its one thing to warn the public, but its another to make false reports and dates to scre em.

I for one im glad its all a joke and will continue to laugh it off as i make my daily walk to work within a threatend major city.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's all scaremongering until one of them comes true.

Then it's an awesome excuse for us to hang all of our elected officials because they weren't able to pick the "real" needle out of the haystack...scratch that...the correct needle out of a stack of needles.

All of these warnings are simply bullets for the world's "hindsighters" once something happens...it's just that most of them are blanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sky news owned by mr. rupert murdoch

huge propagandaist, owner of fox news, scare mongerer, psychological news warfare

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm sure there's a link with this new legislation ... a patriot act-like...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
well ramadan is over after all the warnings...

now convinced its all 100% bs

new topics

top topics

join