It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an annoying problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hello,
i was doing some searching today and had to go to some sites with pop-ups!
eventually somthing caused my secondary windows to become really small(the top left hand corner)
about1"x1".
I think i had this before but i dont know how i fixed it?
now when i open certain windows or certain links i get the same small window, i can expand it manually and close them fine, but i want to fix it. I tried restting defaults in internet options/advanced & programs with no luck, is this somthing with activex? i ran adaware and after just restarting my pc the windows will still not expand by default?
what causes this and how can i fix it?

i'm running winxp

thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Try maximizing the window, then, using the bottom task bar, right click on the active window icon and choose close. Then, open your browser again, and see if it opens as maximized... This fixed it for me once, when resetting the defaults failed....hopefully, it will work for you.....

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
rather than make another thread, the windowsize problem has gone 4 now, it fixed itself??
I downloaded a ROM file today from kazaalite
(a rom is a copy of a console game to use with an emulator on pc) it ended up not being a zip file like previous dll's in fact its labeled as an application?
I tried deleting/renaming but i get the message" file is in use by another person or program" i tried starting in safe mode and tinkering with security rights! now i have been trying to figure out how to delete it with command prompt but i must be typing (strings paths dir) wrong! I think explorer is using the file somehow for some reason? i did google searches and dont know where 2 turn, can anyone help? thanks in advance

join