It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Gneric PODcast #5

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

PODcast: Gneric PODcast #5
I hate the phone...the call from the Ex...and when is it a good time to share your cookies?

length: 22:55
file: btstpod_1957.mp3
size: 22850k
feed: btst

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thank goodness I never have to explain to anyone about cookies. I do however have to keep in mind that my sister has some very nice cookies (Eeeew! Did I just say that about my sister?) and the fact that all the guys want a bite... She's already 22, and if it depends on me she'll hang on to her cookies until she's 80... ***Shudder***

I feel exactly the same way about telephones. Only difference is I don't even have an answering machine. I just don't answer the phone. So people know better than to phone me.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Having been on the "other side" of the horrid divorce syndrome as the "husband", (I totally understand the "emotional terrorist" you describe in the podcast) I can tell you this, get the apology over with ASAP. Your intellect will not serve you well in this case, it will tell you to drag it out because he is a stupid dolt who deserved what you dealt him.

Your inner honesty is what is wanting you to "get it over with" so that the DRAG of the "cloud" over your head is ended quickly. That whole cloud thing is a huge factor in my life, I can't stand having ANYTHING "hanging about" needing to be done and or dealt with, I must do it now or I can't relax.

Oh by the way, I am a Gemini.
I have to say that I am a VERY omni-directional and yet a very focused person (ATS, I hope, is in some small way, evidence of that) who is quite capable of dealing with all the craziness thrown at me before 8am and divining the "gold from the tin" thus not wasting any energy on the utterly inane.

I fear that you may be trying to create an excuse for your ex's "ignorance" in defining Geminis this way, naturally, I could be totally wrong seeing as how I tend to cringe at "group classifications" anyway .

All in all, a VERY GOOD and Forthright podcast.
You keep doing so WELL with that GIRL! You are RIGHT in ALL aspects of the "cookie situation".
Parenting is a beautiful thing but I think the "deal is" our generation was not prepared for these discussions IMHO.

Keep the podcasts Coming!

P.S. I have a Brother in B.C., you remind MUCH of his wonderful wife.

Springer...

[edit on 10-25-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
and the day before but was forced to leave a message

I'm sure he'll play it endlessly as it very clearly is me saying, "I'm sorry I was wrong."...

He's not called back yet but I did try again tonight.

You know he's the only one who's ever driven me to go deep into the old emotional arsenal...guess I had an itchy trigger that day

He's been out of the picture so long I guess he's just fumbling to find his "place"...15 years is a long time to be out of a kid's life... at least he's trying huh?

And you are right...intellect aside, "I" was the one freaking out right? LMAO poor bugger.
I'm not so much dragging it out as I am trying to avoid it outright. It was just so out of character...and I really hate the fact that I hurt his feelings and that it wasn't even provoked really...apologies are damn hard sometimes...

Thanks for the encouragement on the PODcasts...had a listen to a bunch of other's casts...enjoying it a lot actually
Once the seasonal coughing and hacking ends I hope to get #6 uploaded...

Trying to stay somewhat focused when chatting to my computer is a bit of a challenge...

Oh and PS...my most sincere best wishes with your astrological condition...I don't put much stock in it myself...although during the divorce I had many female friends swear up and down that it was a match made in hell due to the cusps or some such garbage....

[edit on 10/25/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I put zero stock in "astroillogical" predictions myself as well. I have been the antithesis of just about every prediction of a gemini I've ever read.

I completely understand the "avoid it all together" agenda on the appology and YES, 15 years is a HELLUVA LONG TIME.

In any case, if you really want to hear some damned GOOD podcasting check out the "ATS Review"
ok that was a shameless plug but what the heck.

KEEP UP TH GREAT WORK inspite of the fact it's "hard" to talk to your PC, it sometimes proves to be a great friend as well.

By the way... I am the PROUD Papa of TWO late teenage girls... I CAN EMPATHIZE WITH YOUR "COOKIES" CHAT.

Springer...

[edit on 10-25-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
HOLY crapsticks...it's hard enough with just one walking-hormone-factory-in-a-mini-skirt let alone two...

"In a perfect world" (shameless plug of my own for my DEAD AND DYING THREAD ON BTS) kids would come with instruction manuals...and a VOLUME button.

I will check out the new PODcast...you guys have a great banter going on...I worry though that you're not getting enough of the "good stuff" to drink though...you should have your bro send you some Granville Island Pale Ale...now that's a good beer.

Computer=good friend...uhm...I have real friends...really I do...really...

top topics

join