It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"0" Year Curse of the President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
www.who2.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've heard of this before. They're probably just coincidences.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah, that's a really really old story.

I think it's just a coincidence. I mean, if this was really a conspiracy where this secret organization was killing all these presidents, why would they do it? Besides the fac tthat they were all politicians, they don't have anything obvious in common. If the organization is killing presidents just because they hate them or America, why kill just those one elected in a certain year? Alright, it is indeed a act of symbolism if they did, but it really doesn't have any effect on the people that they governed.

Reagan had a attempt on his life, but he managed to survive, making him the only exception to the curse. Why didn't he die? Remember, he was a Cold War combatant, so there was plenty of excuses for him to be killed by his enemies.

www.snopes.com...

The key to all this presidential demising possibly lies more within the realm of the stars than the rumored words of a dead Indian chief. Or at least so the astrologers would have us believe. According to Mark Dodich, an astrologer who has attempted to analyze the Curse of Tecumseh, the reason behind this force is one of "cosmic coincidence," not native American hexing. Dodich claims the curse's effects overlap with the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn, whose orbits have lined up every twenty years.

The 20-year pattern's one failure -- Reagan -- is explained by the sign the alignment of these two planets occurred under. Alignments under the earth signs (Taurus, Capricorn, and Virgo) have led to dead Presidents, but Reagan's term occurred under an air sign, accounting for his survival.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
Yeah, that's a really really old story.

I think it's just a coincidence. I mean, if this was really a conspiracy where this secret organization was killing all these presidents, why would they do it? Besides the fac tthat they were all politicians, they don't have anything obvious in common. If the organization is killing presidents just because they hate them or America, why kill just those one elected in a certain year? Alright, it is indeed a act of symbolism if they did, but it really doesn't have any effect on the people that they governed.

Reagan had a attempt on his life, but he managed to survive, making him the only exception to the curse. Why didn't he die? Remember, he was a Cold War combatant, so there was plenty of excuses for him to be killed by his enemies.

www.snopes.com...

The key to all this presidential demising possibly lies more within the realm of the stars than the rumored words of a dead Indian chief. Or at least so the astrologers would have us believe. According to Mark Dodich, an astrologer who has attempted to analyze the Curse of Tecumseh, the reason behind this force is one of "cosmic coincidence," not native American hexing. Dodich claims the curse's effects overlap with the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn, whose orbits have lined up every twenty years.

The 20-year pattern's one failure -- Reagan -- is explained by the sign the alignment of these two planets occurred under. Alignments under the earth signs (Taurus, Capricorn, and Virgo) have led to dead Presidents, but Reagan's term occurred under an air sign, accounting for his survival.

I saw a program which says that Reagan actively consulted astronomers for advice...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Here is some more on the topic
www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Reagan "broke" the "curse" by surviving through two terms and FDR, would have survived two full terms if term limits had been in place then.

Coincidence.

top topics

join