It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Repeats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Prepared to be flamed but here goes.
The Spanish American writer and philosopher George Santayana once said:

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Are we a species intelligent and advanced enough to learn from history yet?
Or will we fail and repeat History,as we have seemed to do in the past over and over again?

We seem to be creating a global society based upon full spectrum surveillance,a global biometric ID system,where everything from purchases,library books,food,driving records and habits, and medical prescriptions are all directley linked to Government databases.

travel.timesonline.co.uk...

The UK Government are putting in place the ANPR(automatic number plate recognition)system,which will track in real time,ALL cars around the UK.Look at their contractors site here:

www.guk.co.uk...

Full Spectum.

These databases are then shared,without any consultation of the public,to other Governments worldwide.
Including to Governments who routinely censor the internet(as we all will soon ,more below),torture suspected Christians and political dissidents,and sell their freshly harvested organs for state profit.You know who I mean.

At the same time,the once free Internet-that limitless bucket of knowledge(when properly used)is about to be carved up by the big corporations and governments.
Stalinised,basically-what the the companies allow,will be allowed on the Net,whilst alternative viewpoints and investigative journalism will be off limits...Those darned investigative types are so much of an irritant to the companies,after all.
more here:

kurtnimmo.com...

and here

technology.timesonline.co.uk...

Looks fun the NEOnet don`t it?
How will ATS fare?

And then we have the USA torture bill,recently signed amid cheers(yes i said cheers).

sfgate.com.../&entry_id=9952

Well,at least its offical now.
So now those methods of torture so well developed by the early Soviet Union such as sleep deprivation,simulated drowning,being made to stand/sit still for days,cold treatment,hot treatment and prolonged solitary confinement are now acceptable by the US government.
Its Law.
And they are being discussed positively by some sections of the media.
Full spectrum.
We will soon all be ensnared by a Identity system that Stalin could have only dreamed of.The "internal passport" system of Soviet times did not come close to what they have in store for us.
Instead of NKVD on street corners,in bars,shops and factories-we have microphones,speakers,computers,UAVs,secret listening stations,co ordinated Psy ops via ALL media.
The world that the Author of the book "The Gulag Archipelligo" risked his life to share with us,in order to prevent its reoccurance, is inching back into fashion it seems.Only this time it is going global.
And this time the Governments of the free world are the perpetrators.
Are we repeating history?

Can anyone now deny the fact that the War on Terror is being actively manipulated to force us,the good people of the world, into a corporate controlled dystopian nightmare future,where our every move is logged by paranoid Governments?

Why are they so Paranoid to wish to track every soul who walks the earth?
Why use technology developed to track crimminals to track the innocent?

(puts on anti right-wing flame retardant protection suit in anticipation)

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Even the mainstream seem to be catching on at the moment:

external source
"Today I fear that we are in fact waking up to a surveillance society that is already all around us."

Mr Thomas said surveillance could help fight terrorism and crime and improve access to public services.

But he added: "As ever more information is collected, shared and used it intrudes into our private space and leads to decisions which directly influence people's lives."

www.guardian.co.uk...

external source
"The report states surveillance includes the tapping and screening of telephone, email and internet use for key words or phrases by British and American intelligence services. Plus, biometric ID cards and passports, which include data such as iris scans and fingerprints on computer chips, are soon to be introduced in the UK.

According to the research there are up to 4.2 million CCTV cameras in the UK - around one for every 14 people - making it the most surveilled country in the Western world. Moreover, the report predicts that surveillance will increase in the next decade, which could lead to people being excluded from society and discriminated against."

www.scmagazine.com...

yawn yawn boring boring...so Britian has become the most spied upon society on the planet,who cares man,wheres my pizza and paypacket...i just wanna watch TV in my comfy house,so what if its a police state....
Hang on a minute whos that knocking at the door-except they are not knocking-they are using sledge hammers and arresting me for not having my biometric ID card.

join