It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil, How much money is enough?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Oil, How much money is enough?

With gas prices still fluctuating, how much money has to be made.

Opec has stated that it must decrease production by 1million barrels a day, TO KEEP THE PRICES FROM FALLING! Gas and oil prices will again go up, starting November 1.

This isn't about shortages or about world demand, its all about money.

There is agreement in Opec that it must reduce production by at least 1- million barrels daily, or 3,6%, to counter slowing demand for its oil next year and high fuel stocks, especially in the world’s top oil consumer, the US.

Prices to Increase

Who is in charge of policing the OPEC nations in regards to pricing? IS there anything in place to supersede price increases as put out by the OPEC nations.
Is the oil industry that invaluable that prices can be changed whenever the demand goes down? I am amazed that oil prices can increase as much as they have over the past 50 years / scratch that, the last 10 YEARS with no one being able to step in a do something about it.

Prices quadruple in one year!

In 1972 the price of crude oil was about $3.00 per barrel and by the end of 1974 the price of oil had quadrupled to over $12.00

Prices double in 25 years

As usual not all of the quotas were observed but between early 1999 and the middle of 1999 OPEC production dropped by about 3 million barrels per day and was sufficient to move prices above $25 per barrel

And here we are now 6 years later, looking at the prices having more than doubled . Where does it end, or does it ever end?

Past Oil Stats

As many can and probably will site the 'environmental concerns', it still comes down to them not making enough money.

The world currently uses 80 million barrels per day!, multiply that by the current price per barrel - better yet, multiply it by the price of oil back in 1999 when the barrel price doubled to $25. Do the math ( my calculator can't go that high ). Yes, there are definitely overhead costs ( too many to mention ) but were talking billions and billions of dollars per day at today's current price structure.

I am in no way an oil info guru, and maybe someone can clean it up a bit for me, but I find it hard to believe that the oil industry is not making enough money, and essentially that's what it appears to come down to.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
If you had a product that everyone not only wanted but needed would you price it at say 70% of what they were willing to pay or only at 30%? I say 70% to represent current prices because we dont know how much wed be willing to pay til it gets there but I would imagine its still a good but higher than it is now.

The people jacking up the price is the spectulators on Wall Street. They're the ones trying to make millions and people like Iran and Saudi Arabia make billions.

We're screwing ourselves.

join