It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Responce Idea (The idea lives on)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What would be kind of cool is to have some kind of notification when people reply to a resonce you made.
i.e. Somone I suppose would have to use the quote function with your name so that it can let you know, and then in a post that is 107 pages long you can view it when there are responces to your particular post.
So anytime your messages is quoted, or nested in a quote, you could have an alert letting you know there was a responce to that.

Peace

Dalen

EDIT: For practicality, I reposted another possiblity below which I will briefly recap.
In a long thread, have it where you can select a certain user name, that when they quote you and reply to you, an alert will be sent to you. (i.e. John Lears long threads where you ask him questions. You would get an alert when he actually answered you. You could apply this to other thread members if you see they are making valuable feedback to your feedback.)

Peace

Dalen

[edit on 19-10-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
That isn't a bad idea, but there are many times that people do not use quotes. As you said, using them would have to be enforced.

And I'm not 100 percent - I couldn't find it - but I'm pretty sure there's something that says you can't chain quote, as in have a quote within a quote within a quote. If a search system like you propose was installed, people would be doing that all the time, and it would just get confusing and annoying.

Anyway, in a 107 page thread, the end is usually it's own little discussion, so it's unlikely that people will just butt in replying to some post on page 70. And if you do end up doing that, send the guy a U2U, as that's what they're there for.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
That isn't a bad idea, but there are many times that people do not use quotes. As you said, using them would have to be enforced.

And I'm not 100 percent - I couldn't find it - but I'm pretty sure there's something that says you can't chain quote, as in have a quote within a quote within a quote. If a search system like you propose was installed, people would be doing that all the time, and it would just get confusing and annoying.

Yeah, guess it is kind of impractical, it would need some kind of artificial intelligence to make it work properly I suppose.

Well this thread is as good as closed.

Thanks for dreamin with me.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wait...another idea.
Maybe, for long threads like John lears threads...you can have an option to let you know when a specific person has replied to your quote. (i.e. John lear responds to quotes...but you know when he responds to your quote without scrolling through to see.)

That can be feasible.
Or mabye someone else says something you like in a conversation on Johns thread for example, and you want to know when they might respond to your quote in the thead.
The quote box is always there...not excessive quoting, it just lets you know which poster of that thread you permitted to alert you to.

Cool, the idea lives on.

Peace

Dalen

top topics

join