It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Full Of Internet Addicts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i consider myself a internet surfer toooooo. hang ten dudes, radicallll. but on the flip side, i too believe that there are better things to research.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well if they do crack down on the internet I can see what will happen, A car will pull up to a dark corner and a stranger will climb into the passenger side. The conversation begins:

"How much you want?"

"How much you got?" the purchaser asks.

"I got as much as you want, but lets take it nice and slow."

"What do you mean?"

"I'll sell you two hours of uninterupted net time, No distractions, no popups and no digital trail."

"How much?"

"A hundred dollars."

"Deal!"

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
AND Chinese food establishments will

be a front for back room Internet operations!!!!

Is this pathetic or what?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is enough to make even me a libertarian:
www.mcwilliams.com...

Beam me back to the Agora, Scotty.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Well if they do crack down on the internet I can see what will happen, A car will pull up to a dark corner and a stranger will climb into the passenger side. The conversation begins:

"How much you want?"

"How much you got?" the purchaser asks.

"I got as much as you want, but lets take it nice and slow."

"What do you mean?"

"I'll sell you two hours of uninterupted net time, No distractions, no popups and no digital trail."

"How much?"

"A hundred dollars."

"Deal!"

I would have paid $200.00

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I believe the fundamental cause of much addiction is the lack of strong local social-ties in many communities, which has been extenuated by media manipulation, political manipulation, and increasing mobility. Previously, people primarly turned to television. As people have withdrawn from television, more have moved onto the internet.

Addiction starts when after succumbing to information overload you continue to surf the internet. How much content can the brain reasonably interpret and process in a day? How much do you read on the internet? I think the greatest difficulty is sorting through and finding credible information, since there is a lot of lousy and misleding information on the internet, including the MSM.

I think the article's main purpose is to get more people to go in for psychological or psychiatric treatment. Under these circumstances, people will become addicted to drugs controlled by medical institutions, and greater personal information will have to be disclosed to medical professionals. This information can prove useful to authorities for all manner of population control, blackmail, etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mass Medica

Originally posted by crontab
I think the article's main purpose is to get more people to go in for psychological or psychiatric treatment. Under these circumstances, people will become addicted to drugs controlled by medical institutions, and greater personal information will have to be disclosed to medical professionals. This information can prove useful to authorities for all manner of population control, blackmail, etc.

This looks like the exactly kind of thing people would expect to see on the "Inter Net".

And what is it?

Just another excuse for not taking your Prozac and subscribing to newspapers and cable TV like you should.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I suppose its what are you doing with that information? I know I am on here a hell of a lot of damn time during the week, and honestly, I am too embarrassed to actually post the hours.

If anyone needs a wakeup call, just log the amount of hours you are on the net. If one week interenet use equals a typical full time job, I sure hope were at least making money off of it.

I dont actually spend the majority of my time here though. I definetly am just surfing google or howstuffworks.com and maybe wikipedia.

Mostly information sites. And of course I come here for my current events. I hope I can learn to manage my time better again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join