It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. now has right to deny space to adversaries!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is politics or UFO's or a combination. Apparently, we now have the right to deny other countries access to space if we consider them adversaries! I wonder if our little EBE friends signed over the rights, or we are just assuming we can control the entire universe?

It is an interesting article and given the recent reduction in personal privacy as well as the ability for the president to try and convict anyone considered a threat, I have to wonder if he is TRULY overstepped his bounds? Please fee free to comment and shake your head at our executive leader!

Bush Asserts U.S. Rights In Space

President Bush has signed an order asserting the United States' right to deny adversaries access to space for hostile purposes.

Bush also states that this has nothing to do with development and deployment of weapons in space...hmmmmm....of course not....

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It has always been an unwritten agreement amongst nations that space was to be free from hostility or offensive weapons. Why should putting it in writing bother anyone? NATO nations discussed stuff like this decades ago!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes, and this is the first addendum to that agreement. In other words, this isn't ALL nations deciding, this is a unilateral decision.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is absolutly absurd. Sickening even. Im laughing, but Im disturbed by what I just read at the same time.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the post, Eyesofbear. However, there is an existing thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

closing...

top topics

join