It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seance tomorrow night - Should i participate? or advise against it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
if you're a christian, to put it plainly, the bible says to stay away from that stuff and not even divulge yourself into it. Saul died because he went against God's Word by going to the witch of endor.

So if you decide to do it and go, don't expect God to protect you, knowing full well that you shouldn't even been there in the first place.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
I put my post on here yesterday, so now is tomorrow from yesterday.
I just wanna know if you have done it yet and if so what happened.
I bet it went fine and you had some fun!!!

Not yet, im in QLD Australia. The time here at the moment is 5:46PM...not long to go now!! which reminds me - is there anyway i can get rip the recording of the Seance from from my camcorder to encode as an mpg or something on my computer? (its not digital) its one of the tape recorders, it does have the AV jacks on the side though, would i need a TV tuner card or something?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness
if you're a christian, to put it plainly, the bible says to stay away from that stuff and not even divulge yourself into it. Saul died because he went against God's Word by going to the witch of endor.

So if you decide to do it and go, don't expect God to protect you, knowing full well that you shouldn't even been there in the first place.

Seeing as how the Bible was written by man at a time when Christianity was at war with Paganism, I'd say that is why it says in the Bible to stay away from witches and such. BTW, do you know that in Leviticus, the Bible explicitly tells you how to burn your offerings at the alter? Read that book in the Bible and tell me it doesn't sound like a Pagan ritual.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

A warning is not a defininte YES or NO. And these warnings are normally from people who havent had the experiece to say why not, its more times than often because its against their religious beliefs.

Let me clarify because it has become obvious that you reading comprehension is lacking.

The tool in question is one I personally have used for over 30 years. Many of the people
whom I know have used it for as long or longer as part of their beliefs. The suggestions
that I have given, and that is all I can give is suggestions. It is not my place to tell you yes or no, do it or dont do it. That is your decision and your responsibility. It is also
your responsibility to know how to close the door after YOU open it.

As for protections I could fill at least 3 of my character limits with ways of protection.
However each and every one is associated with some form of belief. As you have stated on seveal occasions that you have no belief in anything it would be a waste of time and bandwidth to attempt to show you any of them. there is however one precaution you can take that just might save you some pain.

1. remove all sharp objects from your pockets.
2. bend over and place your head between your legs.
3. kiss your A** goodbye.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
All I can say is have fun and report back to us

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Mr/Mrs. Collective, you seem to have already made up your mind. I do not think you do not want to participate in a Seance. I think you do, very much. It seems to me that you've started this topic and were hoping for reasons why you should part-take opposed to why you souldn't. Isn't it funny how not too much people say go along with it?
That's weird huh? Usually when over 55% of people say, due to expeirence mostly, that you should not do this, or that, people go ahead & do the oppositie anyway.

Why is it that things of Evil associaition stimulate people so much? What is so alluring about such a thing? Is it case of, "I'd like to see it for myself?". Or is it case of "I want to see this for myself, because it's cool". Why are you drawn to such things. Because it seems that you are.

Better safe than sorry. It's a saying that's nearly as old as the human species. It's cliche, yet it's a very powerful rule. Delving into these things aren't like playing in the rain(Because it's fun & cool) & not caring too much about catching a cold, because it's worth it. The consequences of this are far greater than a little cold. It's not worth it.

You say you want a definite answer. You say you've seen countless threads that oppose the use of these boards. I think that's a definite reason as why not to "play" with these things. It's pretty definite what you should do. And it's not even a matter of fear. A simple thing as common sense should be calling the shots here. Logic & reason should dictate your desicions.

Most people that are into the Gothic scene do not tend to believe in Evil very much. Or not to the degree that it can affect them. They atleast underestimate it. Do you?
Maybe you don't & want to see for yourself. Ofcourse you could be right & there was absoultely nothing to fear. What's the worse that could happen? Right?
A guy says, you should ask the girl you like out. You think she'll say no, he says she'll say yes. You both want to know what she'll say. What's the worse that can happen? She'll say no, or maybe slap you. Nothing too bad huh. Nothing life altering. She could even posibbly say yes. If she does, you can go out with her & have a good time. If she says no, you feel bad about it, move on & find another girl(Out of the billions in the world) to go out with.

That's simple. Ouiga boards aren't that simple. Something bad may not happen. Which is good. But is it a chance you want to take. Because unlike that "date scenario" I just gave, the worse that could happen dealing wtih such forces are that they can ruin your life entirly. How curious are you?
Wanna see if they'll ruin your life or not? Why not put a bet on it with God. If it doesn't ruin your life, God owes you an apology. If it does, he owes you nothing.
Let's see how good a sport God is. Test him.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I hope he's alright it's been 2 days.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Was wondering the same myself. If you're out there, let us know how it went please.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You should rent out and watch the Exorcist, if you havent already.
Whether you think its true or not isnt the point.
If you want to risk that this COULD happen to you, and you're still fine with it,
then do what you will. From what I've heard, this is the absolute worst that can
happen. Most times, it will be your friends pushing the glass, not some spirit from the other side. So no harm done there.

I will tell you something though on a more personal note.
My ex sister-in-law was into seances, ouijas, astral travelling the works.
She often had seances, even after she had a child.
She had them while my neice was asleep.

I'm going to tell you that my neice was a really strange child.
She used to scare the crap out of everybody by sleep walking and standing over
peoples beds. TRUE STORY.

she was a very psychologically screwed up kid.
and she wasnt aware of her mothers extra-curricular activities.

Hope this helps with your decision.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The OP shows as having been active on the board today, the 20th. So he's here.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sorry it has take so long to report back to everyone. Ultimately i decided not to directly involve myself, but i was there filming. And i have got some pretty good footage of the whole thing. But over all there was nothing "paranormal" about the whole experience IMO, everything has a logical explanation...though coincidental, their still explainable. The first instance is when candles were blown out while one of my friends was saying a prayer for protection (small group bunched up it doesnt take much to blow out a few candles...) the second was the TV switching on then off again, this really scared us
(he has a dog that could have trod on the remote) now...the third and best of them all was an orb that was captured by the video recorder that floats around us all for about 5mins then seems to fade out into a window -My only explanation for this is it could have been a moth or something that has gone out of focus that gives it the 'round' apearance (i have seen this done before) the only thing that has us is that none of the 5 people seen anything.

We did get a message when asked to be connected to one of my friends deceased cousins, but straight after they asked one of my friends messing around asked for Alxander the great...dont ask me why...so we dont know what it was in response to. The exact words of the message -

"PRAVUS DUX DUCIS IX BABEL" (assuming that is how it is separated given the pause in between each word)

I want to, after i find a way to create a electronic copy of the film on my computer...post it on here to see if anyone can see sombody that might be "forcing" the glass to be moved. I cant see any, but either way the message still doesnt make any sence.

So there you have it. Nothing seems to be that dangerous about the whole thing IMO, BUT this is only me...im still yet to talk to the rest about their own personal feelings about it afterwards. Let me know what you all think

[edit on 20-10-2006 by The Collective]

[edit on 20-10-2006 by The Collective]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's not all that bad is it, no gateways o hell opened up did they?

Unless that message is from the devil in his own language, oooh spooky, haha.

I would like to see something really evil happen at a ouija board just but nothing has ever happened that bad.
I'm pretty sure that people just get freaked, and if they are communicating with spirits and something happens like a glass flying across the room, it's just the spirit trying to get attention, not trying to kill you with a flying glass!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Collective
So there you have it. Nothing seems to be that dangerous about the whole thing IMO,

I think the most important word in the above sentence is "seems".

You need to take the time to watch this
video.google.ca...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I think the most important word in the above sentence is "seems".

One could also add ......... "this time".

Misfit

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I did the ouija a bit a long time ago. It works. Use common sense when doing it. Take it seriously and don't do it with anybody who doesn't. Ask the the 'spirit' or whatever is moving the glass if it wants to talk to you. This is particularly the case if the glass is moving erractically. If it says no, say sorry for disturbing it and let it go. Don't mock it. Be respectful.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
If it says no, say sorry for disturbing it and let it go. Don't mock it. Be respectful.

Of anyone I have ever spoken with, that is serious about Ouija, your statement is a constant ............ and one I adhere to as well.

Good point

Misfit

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
This is particularly the case if the glass is moving erractically.

Now that you mention it, it was moving erratically and almost instantaneous after he asked for Alexander...i surpose it could have been worse, i remember reading a story on here that someone asked for Heinrich Himmler? i think thats his name? -he was one of Hitlers lackies during WW2- and the little glass just went absolutely nuts and just spelt out jibberish then flew off the table.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
(banging mouse on desk) ......... We want vid !! We want vid !!

Are you able to upload it? Would love to see it.

=== EDIT ====

Quick edit ............. just backed up and saw this statement.

I want to, after i find a way to create a electronic copy of the film on my computer

[1] You need a video capture card in a PC (a physical device installed to the motherboard).
[2] The video camera hooks to it with AV or S-Cable (just like the cords of a DVD/VCR player to a TV).
[3] Software then takes it from the camera and converts it to a file of it on your PC.
[4] You then upload that file to a server (such as the ever famous YouTube, er whatever that silly named site is, lol).

That help ya?

Misfit

[edit on 22/10/06 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
(banging mouse on desk) ......... We want vid !! We want vid !!

[1] You need a video capture card in a PC (a physical device installed to the motherboard).
[2] The video camera hooks to it with AV or S-Cable (just like the cords of a DVD/VCR player to a TV).
[3] Software then takes it from the camera and converts it to a file of it on your PC.
[4] You then upload that file to a server (such as the ever famous YouTube, er whatever that silly named site is, lol).

That help ya?

Misfit

Thanks buddy, i think its going to be a few days if not weeks before i can save up for a good tuner/capture card because im not the one who can put it in or else ill void my warrenty...so thats more money just to pay someone to plug it into a PCi slot and install the software. Im going to contact DELL today to see what they can do for me

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

so thats more money just to pay someone to plug it into a PCi slot and install the software.

Until you said that, other protocols had not dawned on me ........... USB !!

You can get a USB video capture boxe for around $40 (and up, way, way up, lol) - nothing to hook up other than the wire from your cam to the box, and the USB cable from the box to the PC. Software is nothing to install, put the CD in and follow the prompts. No warranty interrpution, this is nothing more that hooking up a USB Joystick for example.

Here's is one for $40, as always ---- shop around.

That one is from TigerDirect

Misfit

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join