It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO/Russia Joint Anti-Missile Exercises in Moscow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
NATO and Russia began an anti-missile defence exercise in Moscow yesterday. The exercise will last until October 26. Seventeen NATO countries participate in this exercise.

MosNews: Russia and NATO Hold Joint Anti-Missile Exercises in Moscow

Russia and NATO began a theatre anti-missile defence staff exercise in Moscow on Monday, the ITAR-TASS news agency reports. “The regular stage of the joint staff non-strategic theatre anti-missile defence exercise is being conducted by means of computer modelling methods,” officials of the Information and Public Relations Department of the Russian Defence Ministry told the agency. They said the exercise, which is being held in the Russian capital at the Fourth Scientific Research Institute of the Russian Defence Ministry, would last until October 26.

The current exercise, an official of the Russian Defence Ministry said that the drill “is being held in an enlarged format with the participation of representatives from seventeen countries-members of the NATO bloc”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I guess the cold war isn't over after all...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I guess the cold war isn't over after all...

Hmm, I would put a total opposite spin on it. I think it's a realization that the threat isn't from the major powers attacking each other anymore, but from rogue states like DPRK and we need these types of defensive weapons.

join