It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Earthquake this morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The major Hawaii earthquake. That caused damage to the main island and was felt by the other islands. It was as big as the 1924 earthquake in Los Angles.

www.cnn.com
The quake knocked out power at many homes across the island chain and caused at least one landslide on a major roadway on the island of Hawaii, known as the Big Island, according to Hawaii's KITV. Officials said a state of emergency had been declared on the Big Island.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The earthqake did alot of damage to the state of Hawaii. The goverment there has declared a state of emergancy on the big island. The magnitude at a 6.5 quake, I just hope all our friends from there on ATS is safe and okay tonight.

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com
dir.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Quake Watch 2006
No Electricity in Hawai ?? 6.3 magnitude earthquake(update 6.6)

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow that's tragic! Any word on whether the earthquake was inland or in the ocean? If it's under water doesn't that mean there could be a tsunami also?

Interesting that there were a lot of people predicting some sort of disaster during October - maybe this is it

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It can't be too bad, because I've been watching football all day and not one word of it has been mentioned. I'm not sure why it hasn't been mentioned, because it seems that some kind of news report would be appropriate, but as I said, if it wasn't for ATS and associated links, I wouldn't know about it yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It happened early this morning at 7 am, so most stations covered it this morning and decided it was of secondary importance, I assume. Otherwise, they decided it wasn't big enough news or something.

new topics

top topics

join