It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Electricity in Hawai ?? 6.3 magnitude earthquake(update 6.6)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
if one looks at all the planets in our solar system for where the most active geological (seismic) events take place . .. . ..

Venus's largest volcano is 19.5 degrees off the equator.

Mars's Mount Olympus is the largest known volcano in our solar sytem, 19.5 degrees off the equator.

Jupiter's giant red spot (red storm) is 19.5 degrees off the equator.

even Saturn or Neptune has a giant storm that forms, which is 19.5 degrees off the equator.

percentage wise, the most amount of Solar Flairs come from 19.5 degrees off the equator of the sun, so i have been told. . . .

but, what about earth?

One of Earth's most geologically active regions (volcanos) is Hawaii .. .

Yes, Hawaii is also 19.5 degrees off the equator.

interesting side note:

Put a perfect pyramid inside of a perfect glass sphere, with the point of the top of the pyramid in position touching the north or south pole .. . . and the bottom of the pyramid will be at 19.5 degrees off of the equator.

coincidence?

perhaps, perhaps not.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just got sent here from another thread suggesting that North Korea was responsible for this quake.

My thoughts...

We know that:

1. Oil drilling triggers quakes, "innocuous" as drilling may be, and then

2. Quakes trigger quakes.

So it follows that nuclear testing might trigger quakes. Right?

Do ya think?

Also see: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Geologists are saying this- hmmmm...I think they know a bit more than us, dont you???

While it was not a strike on Hawaii directly, it certainly was the cause of all the earthquakes as of late.

SOURCE

That article is about a different zone altogether. It has nothing to do with what is happening in Hawaii. If you were to say that a missile carrying a nuclear device somehow eluded the massive military infrastructure in Hawaii without being noticed, that's another story altogether. Thank you for posting it though. I found it very interesting and alarming. If you are interested you should do a search for a map showing faults and where the edges of the plates are located. There are many good sites with this kind of info.

Somewhere in my safe deposit box is an old yellowing Geology degree with my name on it. Although I admit I have never used it or worked as a Geologist and it has been thirty years. I only took three semesters of Seismology but I know enough to understand what I read on the subject. We spent most of the courses looking at the "Great Alaskan Quake" and the "San Andreas Fault" and its implications to the Los Angeles area. Much has changed since then, but then much has not. Mainly there is a great deal more data available. It is not a difficult topic to grasp and there is great stuff on the web for anyone interested.

[edit on 10/18/2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
if one looks at all the planets in our solar system for where the most active geological (seismic) events take place . .. . ..

Thanks
I'll have to check this out. It would tend to enhance something I recall being taught in early Geology courses about how surface forces in one location impact other locations on the crust.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Put a perfect pyramid inside of a perfect glass sphere, with the point of the top of the pyramid in position touching the north or south pole .. . . and the bottom of the pyramid will be at 19.5 degrees off of the equator.

coincidence?

I read about this a while ago, and that was a nice reminder. However, going back to read about it again, I realised that the words i recalled were those of Richard C. Hoagland. Not a name held in the highest esteem here on ATS. However, I still find this fascinating, and I am intrigued to see that he reckons this information is presented in mathematical code within the Cydonia region on Mars.

Whoever built Cydonia was trying to tell us something, that much is obvious. Maths is a universal language and constants such as e or pi can be understood by anyone with a basic knowledge of maths notwithstanding what language one talks in.

Place an imaginary tetrahedron [a pyramid with four surfaces, each of which are equilateral triangles] inside a sphere [e.g. a planet] with one vertex touching the North or South pole and the other 3 vertices will rest at 19.5 degrees North or South latitude at 120 degree intervals around the sphere. Now rotate this sphere at a high rate of speed and something strange occurs. You get an upwelling of energy from within the sphere seemingly coming from nowhere that produces different [visual] effects depending on what your sphere is made up of. For example, if your sphere is made up of magma (molten rock) and a thin surface crust of solid rock, you get a volcanic upwelling at roughly 19.5 degrees N or S latitude.

Earth : Hawaiian Mauna Kea volcano : 19.6 degrees N ;

Mars : Olympus Mons volcano : 19.3 degrees N

If your sphere is made up of a gas you get a different "visual" effect :

Jupiter : The Great Red Spot : ~19.5 degrees S

Where is this energy coming from ?

Hoagland thinks that this energy is "stored" in a higher dimension than ours (mathematicians currently accept that there may be as much as 27 other higher dimensions) and that this energy "cascades" down and emerges into our dimension at the 19.5 degree latitude on rotating, spherical, liquid bodies - planets!

Source.

Here are some more examples:

Alpha & Beta Regio, two active volcanoes on Venus are at 19.5 degrees.

The Moon: Tsiolkovskii is a unique farside "mare-like" lava extrusion at 19.6 degrees South.

The spacecraft Voyager took some very interesting time-lapse images of Saturn's North Pole, showing a hexagonal pattern of clouds. This may be the second "signature pattern" for tetrahedral hyperdimensional energy. At this location, the energy would be "inwelling" (entering) from a higher dimension, while "upwelling" at the 19.5 N or S latitude locations.

Neptune's Great Dark Spot was found at roughly 19.5 degrees.

Extremely active volcanoes on Io are arrayed on two "rings of fire" each circling the moon at 19.5 degrees North & South, They are so active that they are literally turning the planet inside out.

These are a few of the anomalies. There are others - for example, the peak latitude of the 11-year sunspot cycle, and the peak latitude of solar temperature emission corresponding to that cyclic sunspot maximum, occurs at roughly 19.5 degrees North and South.

Source.

[edit on 18/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by dgtempe

Geologists are saying this- hmmmm...I think they know a bit more than us, dont you???

While it was not a strike on Hawaii directly, it certainly was the cause of all the earthquakes as of late.

SOURCE

That article is about a different zone altogether. It has nothing to do with what is happening in Hawaii.

Are you saying that the planet is not a single interconnected and interdependent geosphere? That the geosphere is not a system, and seismology does not represent a subsystem of a larger system? That seismology need not be concerned with geophysics, for example?

Are you saying that geophysical events in one zone don't-won't-can't affect any other zones, ever? That geophysical events don't-won't-can't cascade beyond their originating geographic region?

That earthquakes do not disrupt the planet's magnetosphere? Or are you saying it doesn't matter, geophysically speaking, if the magnetosphere is disrupted?

Are you suggesting that while a quake might affect the Earth's rotation, decrease the length of day, change the planet's shape, and shift the North Pole, it doesn't-won't-can't affect any other geographic region on the earth - either directly, or indirectly by initiating a multifactorial chain of events?

If so, my research contradicts your opinions, educated though they may be. For example:

1. Even oil and gas drilling and production can cause quakes, and mining can cause earthquakes.
2. Quakes trigger quakes.
3. Quakes affect the magnetosphere - and of course, changes in the magnetosphere affect the atmosphere and weather, if not climate.
4. Quakes can affect the Earth's rotation, decrease the length of day, change the planet's shape, and shift the North Pole.

Also fyi - The Asian tsunami lowered well water levels in the USA.

Asia Quake Impacts Virginia Well-Water Levels

January 9 — The South Asian earthquake that spawned deadly tsunami waves also shifted water levels by at least 3 feet in a geologically sensitive Virginia well some 9,600 miles away from the epicenter, researchers say. (Associated Press)

A bit more background:

Experts study how quakes trigger quakes

A powerful earthquake splits the California desert floor, killing a toddler and crumbling homes. Years later and a dozen miles away, another huge tremor on a different fault rocks the area. ...Scientists now believe the two events were related — and they are beginning to understand how.

In a study published in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature, researchers say they have directly measured for the first time how strong seismic shaking can weaken an adjacent and unrelated geologic fault.

"It's a very interesting discovery," said Christopher Scholz of the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, who did not participate in the study. "We already know that earthquakes trigger other earthquakes on other faults. This provides some additional information that may tell us how that happens."

Tsunami Quake Reveals Flaws in Model

The monster earthquake that hit Sumatra in December 2004 is teaching scientists what they don't know about what causes mega quakes, and it's a lot.

The tsunami-causing Sumatra-Andaman mega-thrust earthquake defied the theory geophysicists had been following for decades that estimated where the greatest quake risks were, said geophysicist Emile Okal of Northwestern University.

The problem is, as Okal points out, the gigantic Sumatra-Andaman earthquake involved middle-aged, middle-density crust moving at a middling rate. Yet it produced the third-most powerful earthquake in the last 100 years, surpassed only by the huge 1960 Chile and 1964 and Alaska quakes. ...Of those three, it was the only one recorded with modern digital scientific equipment.

As for the ongoing ringing, or "free oscillations" of the planet, the Dec 26 quake was unlike any other recorded with modern digital broadband seismographs, said Park. ...It's fast-and-slow rupturing both struck the Earth like a bell and then bowed it like a cello string to produce a louder and clearer ringing of the planet than ever before observed.

All the rupturing, movement and ringing of the Earth have now been combined to re-calculate the total energy released by the original quake, Park explained. The result is a new magnitude rating of 9.15, double the power of the 9.0 rating that was last officially announced.

And it's not over yet, said Park. ..."If you look at the history of 'megathrust' earthquakes in the 1900s, three of them were within 15 years of each other, Park said. ..."I'd lay money that within the next ten years there will be another 8 plus," he said.

Tsunami Earthquake 'Unzipped' the Earth

Scientists have known for some time that earthquakes in the order of 4.0 on the Richtor scale have been caused by oil drilling and other earth intrusive practices.

Predicting earthquakes from space

The move comes as a result of extensive research into specific phenomena in the Earth's magnetosphere and ionosphere, often observed prior to earthquakes, by the Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism, Ionosphere and Radio Waves Propagation (IZMIRAN) of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

The first observations of ionosphere anomalies manifested days before major earthquakes date back to the 1960s.

...other precursors of major earthquakes - the concentration of radon, an inert gas, near the epicenter; the concentration of electrons in the ionosphere above the epicenter; and the content of crust-emitted metal-rich aerosols in the air, leading to an abnormally strong electric field there...

The real question IMO:

Do we really want to keep mucking around with our home planet's geophysical stability?

Study: Earth's Wobble Wipes Out Species

Climate change, naturally induced by tiny shifts in Earth's rotational axis and orbit, periodically wipes out species of mammals, a study published on Thursday says.

Paleontologists have long puzzled over fossil records that, remarkably, suggest mammal species tend to last around two and a half million years before becoming extinct.

Climate experts and biologists led by Jan van Dam at the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands, overlaid a picture of species emergence and extinction with changes that occur in Earth's orbit and axis. ...One wave of extinction was roughly every 2.4 million years or so and the other was about every million years or so, coinciding with extremes in the cycles of ellipticality, wobble and tilt. ...These were not swift, massive die-out's of the kind that famously wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, but rather a fadeout of species which could not cope with habitat loss or competition, especially when Ice Ages kicked in. ...As they became extinct, other species emerged.

Also see: Earth Wobbles With the Weather

But of course, no one will ask the real question because it unmasks the sacred cow - that being the so-called economy, and the ability of the already wealthy to accumulate more wealth.

Until you change the way money works, you change nothing. It will be more profitable to let decline, starvation, wars, disease and famine occur than it will be to prevent them (Disaster Capitalism).

Also of interest:

Humans may surpass other natural forces as earth movers

Induced Earthquake Bibliography

Tsunami Earthquake: Tragedy Or Oil Drilling Disaster?

U Seismologists Study Mining-Induced Earthquakes

Oil wells cause earthquakes.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can accept that causing ripples in the earth crust can affect other areas randomly............. but with precission?

Try giving me the outcome waveform on the south side of the pool after 10 people throw a pebble each into a swiming pool.....with 16 toddlers already swimming around inside the pool.

16 toddlers meaning 16 Tectonic plates
10 people with 10 pebles meaning 10 governments with the technology to cause ripples
inside the water a constant material...against the earth crust meaning granite...limestone...sand..and human waste.

Korea having an effect?...perhaps...but so did the US back in time when they tried an atomic blast both inside water and inland....recorded in cameras (video in youtube)

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by a1ex

I can accept that causing ripples in the earth crust can affect other areas randomly............. but with precission?

I don't know about anyone else - but I am not suggesting precision. Just another random effect.

I am saying that everything we do - from oil drilling to nuclear testing - has a geophysical impact, and can cause earthquakes or volcanic eruptions and alter weather and climate.

This issue is NOT being addressed with regard to North Korea's nuclear testing because it would let the cat out of the bag, and put everything under a microscope - oil, gas, mining, the works.

The official position being, "There now little fella, hoho, this here planet is solid as a rock and nothin us puny little humans can do is gonna hurt it in any way atall - not drillin for oil, buildin dams, minin or even nucular testin - so dontcha worry."

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join