It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Electricity in Hawai ?? 6.3 magnitude earthquake(update 6.6)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I haven't heard a word of this on broadcast TV.

This probably due to the almost total power outage on the islands. Without power even saellites won't work because power is required to send and receive the signals.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Dg I thought about it too, Nk doing some hanky panky, but this could be very dangerous taking into consideration all the dormant volcanoes in the area, could it be the birth of one or the wakening of an old one?

I spend 3 years in Oahu my son was born in Honolulu and the place is so beautiful I will hate to see some damage done to the Islands.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I know, I posted it to ASTTN for everyone. Just so everyone knows. I hope the best for everyone there tonight.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hawaii Earthquake 'Felt Like a Jackhammer' ABC News

"It went on for about a minute; it kept going and going and going and going," said Terry, a dispatcher at Volcanoes National Park on the "big island" of Hawaii. "It was rolling and rolling. But it was the duration that was so dynamic about this earthquake. It just didn't seem to stop."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Looks like Hualalai is the closest active volcano to the earthquake's epicenter.

USGS Volcanic and Seismic Hazards on the Island of Hawaii

Hualalai - Hawaii's Third Active Volcano
Most Recent Eruptions:1800 and 1801 A.D.
Number of Historical Eruptions (since 1790 A.D.):
One, possibly two (six different vents active)

Though Hualalai is not nearly as active as Mauna Loa or Kilauea, our recent geologic mapping of the volcano shows that 80 percent of Hualalai's surface has been covered by lava flows in the past 5,000 years. In the past few decades, when most of the resorts, homes, and commercial buildings were built on the flanks of Hualalai, earthquake activity beneath the volcano has been low.

In 1929, however, an intense swarm of earthquakes lasting more than a month was most likely caused by magma rising to near the surface. For these reasons, Hualalai is considered a potentially dangerous volcano that is likely to erupt again in the next 100 years.

The recent Hawaiian quakeswarm may mean Hualailai is waking up like Tavurvur did.

Volcano erupts on PNG island
The Age, Australia - Oct 7, 2006

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Earthquakes and volcanos aren't enough. Throw in underground nuke tests. Yep... This generation really is determined to destoy itself. Next thing we'll be hearing about more wobble.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I remember watching stories of GreenPeace boats ramming French military ships that were in the South Pacific conducting deep water nuclear tests above the faultline that rides the bottom of the Pacific, and up into the San Andreas Faultline via through Mexico.

The first underwater nuclear explosion happened.

3 days later an earthquake occured on the same faultline and killed hundreds in Mexico.

The second underwater nuclear explosion happened.

3 days later an earthquake occured on the same faultline and killed a few dozen people in Mexico.

The third underwater nuclear explosion happened.

3 days later a volcano erupted on the same faultline and resulted in a mudslide and earthquake that nearly demolished a fair sized village or town, in Mexico.

Coincidences????

So what are you saying, ET? That Bonjo Jongo's nuke test set off a chain reaction of geothermal/seismic activity?

I wouldn't doubt that they would have some effect. I'm sure there are some Greenies who have your same memory.

Personally, I think I'd rather be on beach without lights than one of the 300,000 in Buffalo without electricity. Many of them rely on power to run their furnaces and the flooding from the snowmelt is becoming treacherous also. Cold and wet, now THAT's misery.

Yep, moonlight on the beach sounds quite lovely.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher

Personally, I think I'd rather be on beach without lights than one of the 300,000 in Buffalo without electricity. Many of them rely on power to run their furnaces and the flooding from the snowmelt is becoming treacherous also. Cold and wet, now THAT's misery.

Yep, moonlight on the beach sounds quite lovely.

LOL! You make the quake look romantic.

Regards,

RT

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the Zaphods to come back and make an interstellar highway through ATS and the milky way.

No, but seriously. It's not that bad psyopswatcher. There are worst things than nature, trust me I've met all five of them.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
is it possible that with all of the nuke testing over the last say 10 years that we are waking up the ring of fire?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by labuddha

is it possible that with all of the nuke testing over the last say 10 years that we are waking up the ring of fire?

The ring of fire is already awake and has always been awake.

I suspect that the nuke testings may be related to global warming, but that's just my guess...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
im sure i will see alot more earthquakes in my time, with global warming, the sun to alline with some planets, and a rock in collision course with earth. i wish the best of those peoples over there in hawaii, but you know they wanted to live there it is a volcanic area, its bound to happen. glad they are ok. its a beautiful place over there, i loved it. god speed.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Nothing nuclear happened... Hawaii will get things running again in awhile and I doubt there's going to be any tsumani, I mean they said that last time when Japan had some earthquake. Still....Hawaii is one fat ass volcano, what do you expect?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I listened to Art Bell last night and his guest said this was the "strangest" earthquake ever seen. It appears the big island is settling and he's predicting one for San Francisco Area and more trouble for Hawaii within days!!!

[edit on 16-10-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just some snippets of info coming out about the quake, that may be of interest,

According to the USGS and our information it looks like this earthquake was a strike slip earth quake. It had a component of up and down motion but primarily it was a strike slip earth quake. Not unlike what you would find along the San Andreas Fault. So in other words, in stead of the slippage moving up or down the fault, the earth's crust shifted side to side, so that's a bit unusual.

So, I'm not sure what it portends for any changes in volcanic activity. As far as this being a harbinger for a much larger event, that's always a possibility.

link

wonder how this will effect the volcanos, and a little scary thinking this may be a build up to something larger,

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I talk to a friend on Oahu via Yahoo on Monday night. She said the power has been off and on. Not much damage that she knew of. She said there was a big on run the stores for water and cooking supplies. She also said most people were partying, having BBQ's since the power had been out.

Hawaii's power grid is structured to shut off if a seismic event reaches a certain level. That's what happened here. That's why there was such widespread outage. Also there was some damage to power lines on the big island, that exacerbated things.

starbulletin.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hawaii is unusual in that its not only a volcanic island, but the volcanism is the result of a 'hot spot'; a place on the crust where its though that a plume of magma from depths of the earth is reaching up. I beleive that Yellowstone is also a hotspot. IF this repsentents unusual activity (and, certainly, no one has shown that it is in any way, and also including yellow stone), then Perhaps it represents something global happening with these magma plumes (

Originally posted by dgtempe
I listened to Art Bell last night and his guest said this was the "strangest" earthquake ever seen.

All the more reason to not take people on the art bell show seriously.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by labuddha

or could it be oil drilling, exploratory oil drilling, drilling for ????, burying co2?

I predicted that the Sumatra earthquake would waken the volcanoes in that area, shortly after that major quake. I got laughed at, mocked for being an alarmist, etc.

I wouldn't say nuke testing or drilling or earthquakes awaken the ring of fire. Just like I wouldn't say that global warming is not entirely man-made.

(red herring)- but global warming may not be the point- it's the pollution stupid
and we all know that some volcanoes may lead to air poisons that kill people, just like your favorite diesel truck from Mexico.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
One can only hope this doesnt involve North Korea and is a real earthquake.

Nevertheless, i feel very sorry for all there and hope they will be fine.

Am i irrational with my suspicion?

Right, because there were never any earthquakes before underground nuke tests...

Geeze, is this place an insane asylum.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Number23]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Revised ticket policy for Hawaii

Ticket policy changes are effective immediately for customers with the following travel plans:
Dates Oct 15-18

If you want a ticket refund for not wanting to go to paradise without having electricity. You will be joba out of luck(that's rushion for merde)

I love the way the airlines cut their losses, doncha' think?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If you drop a stone in a pond... ripples will form.

If you detonate a NUKE underground.... earthquakes will happen

How big, and where? Is there such a thing as a Directional Nuke?

Could, say, a 20' thick parabolic shield of steel plated concrete be buried deep in the earth to direct a blast? Then you calculate how much nuke needed to pulse a given distance... manufactured quake? or paranoia?

Yes... Hawaii is on the ring of fire... and yes active... Yes 19.4 earthquakes over 7.0 happen each year on the ring...

but I would bet with full confidence that if NK had not detonated last week.... Hawaii would not be shaking this.

Perhaps it would have on its own.... in a year, decade, etc. but...

in a "dynamic system" small changes in initial conditions (NUKE) will cause large changes in systemic outcome (QUAKE)

Thats chaos theory; Butterfly Effect; GOD.

Is it an act of war? Was it purposeful? Can they aim it? Well... with 2000 global nuke detonations since WWII... I think THEY are getting close.

Watch who benefits from clean-up of the Hawaiian situation.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I remember watching stories of GreenPeace boats ramming French military ships that were in the South Pacific conducting deep water nuclear tests []

The first underwater nuclear explosion happened.

3 days later an earthquake occured on the same faultline and killed hundreds in Mexico.

The second underwater nuclear explosion happened.

3 days later an earthquake occured on the same faultline and killed a few dozen people in Mexico.

The third underwater nuclear explosion happened.

3 days later a volcano erupted on the same faultline and resulted in a mudslide and earthquake that nearly demolished a fair sized village or town, in Mexico.

Coincidences????

Do you think it was purposeful? Or "ACTIVE research" gone bad?
Did the French have anything to benefit by chaos in Mexico?
Was it really the French, or was their military acting as a patsy?

Ever get that feeling that this conspiracy is so vast... so evil... so all encompasing... It must be...

SATAN?

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

So, you're aware that there's 1.5 quakes larger than this per year on the ring of fire. Yet you can say with CONFIDENCE, that this is a result of NK letting off a piddly little bomb that's not much larger than some of the ones used for construction blasting?

It's a state that's built ON a volcano peeps. The only thing strange about it to me, is that there hasn't been more of them.

Mod edit: shortened unecessary quote of the entire preceeding post

[edit on 2006/10/16 by Hellmutt]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join