It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 foot-tall Battle Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Found this video of some robot called the NMX04-1A. It's supposed to be 18 feet tall and able to duel it out with other robots. From what I've found out, enthusiasts constructed real life versions of robots from mecha.

Does anyone know if the one in the vid is real? It seems to be taking a step, which is pretty cool, plus those twin flamethrowers look sufficiently evil. I think that could posibly be a person in a blue shirt up the top there. I found a larger version (link below) and it sure looks like that.

I'd imagine it would be a walking deathtrap, what with prohane tanks and who knows what else hanging off it.

A bit more info: Neogentronyx.com

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That doesn't matter. The other thread is over a year old, so this thread won't be closed.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ahh, thanks ledbedder20. I did run a search once or twice, as I hate reposting, but that didn't come up.
I'll go through that one.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i think this guy is going about it all wrong. he's built this thing mainly out of steel. it's entirely too heavy for a first time thing. his prototype should have been built using lighter metals like hardened aluminum for most of it's components. also for this thing to walk a lot smoother he'd be wise to use that gyroscopic deal that the japanese little robot uses. i forget it's name. i mean the way he built it seems like he's already trying to get a defense contract for it. when really he should just be trying to get the basics down for it.

but it's really cool, and i do like the flame throwers even if they aren't necessary. firey destruction can be so much fun

optimus

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i cant wait fot it lol

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hehe . . . just imagine . . . "Mate! Hot ride you've got yourself there! Mags, kit, spoiler, lights, the works."

"Yeah, thanks mate. You said you were getting something of your own, right?"

"Yup." *opens garage door* "8, 000 pounds of pure titanium and steel, flamethrowers, fully hydraulically controlled, remote operated weapons system, thermal AND radar targeting, with the visual targeting package coming out with the next update, and well as the extra long chainsaw blades. Nice ride, huh?"

I'm already rubbing my hands!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I remember reading about this kids project to build this a while back. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I never thought he'd actually complete the sucker. It seemed like a failed project from the start... something you start, but then can't seem to be bothered to finish.

Good job!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
actua;l;y still seems like a failed project

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just as unmanned aircraft like the predator and global hawk are taking over the skies, eventually the U.S will have robotic ground troops. I doubt you will ever see them in the 100's but once the technology is there, America will surely use robotic remote controled ground troops for recon and special operations in place of humans. I could see remote control tanks and artilliary some day also.

2 Reasons.
1. Americans wont mind losing robots in wars vs humans.
2. Robots will be able to withstand more damage than a human once discovered and carry heavier weaponry.

Its just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I like this idea but the robot is not moving very fast so I'm not sure it will be much of a fight. All the same we are looking at a primitive device right now but that may be a part of our future. I'd be shocked if these things don't attract the attention of the military.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Intresting indeed. I think the robot would be more effective if the legs were replaced with the tank design. You would have better locomotion and I think you wouldnt fall over as easy. Focus on better protection for the driver and more power to maneuver the arms and guns. flamethrowers are not that effective replace them with 50 cal's and some missles. It can be used for better urban warfare than sending in soilders on foot.... Freaking sweet

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Does it even move? Or do anything? The video just shows it standing there, maybe shaking a little.

Not terribly terrifying. Guess they'll have to put off that whole conquering the world and getting rid of the 'fleshies' for a generation or two.

new topics

top topics

join