It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings in a small town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I come from a small town located in southeastern Georgia. Not much here, until about 5 years ago in the summer of 2001 when a friend and I witnessed what appeared to be UFO sightings around our homes. (We live a few houses down from each other.)

We always believed in UFOs, but not as much until the summer when we were riding by an open field and saw a large circle burned into the ground with SUVs with men in suits surrounding it. A few weeks later the field was full of baby pine trees and the driveway to it was removed.

After many nights of seeing UFOs or unexplained lights in the sky. We started researching on the net about it, and getting gov't docs off the net. We were visited one day by two guys in a white van. When we went outside to see who they were they took a picture of us on his porch and drove off.

Then the computer viruses started on both of our computers simultaneously. Then our discs started going missing from our homes when we were out and about. We started hiding them then. We also got a series of strange phone calls from people from private and blocked numbers saying to stay away and never mess with it. (This was after we started investigating tthe woods and say some strange being we couldn't explain followed by someone in a jeep chasing us down the road but we were able to cut-off into the woods and hideout form them for several hours.)

The phone calls kept coming, and we kept catching ufos on video over the woods. One day we were outside and say 4 fighter jets in a loose diamond formation with something glinting in the center. As if it was "cloaked" or camoflauged. Kind of like what the predator looked when he went invisible.

We still kept up the researched and kept being harrassed for it by unknown people taking our information, discs, snapping photos of us, and calling us with the same messages.

Then the really weird things started happening. Seeing multiple beings in the woods. "Shadow people" as we call them because we have no explanation as to what or who they are. Except for that they # with us. They are generally tall dark shadowy figures at about 9 ft tall or so. They leap into the trees and we stopped messing with them when they started coming for us. We started getting that feeling tlike they wanted to harm us. They would like literally run at us when we went to go investigate them.

I have more details on the subject. they are still happening today. I would just like for someone to put their input on these strange happenings.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Can you post some video or photos of all of this.
Also you said you have been researching all of this, why not share some of the info you have found out while researching.
But photos of the UFOs and "shadow people" would be great.

Hope to hear more!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
just great !...another noob comes in here..makes outlandish claims...with some wild tale....with no evidence......and let me guess...he will "disappear" and never post here again right ??

man.......these kind of posts piss me off to no end.....where's the videos you shot ?? any photos ??? NOPE !!! just more BS....

Don't come back until you have PROOF.....everyone here hates a phoney !!

DENY PHONEYS !

[edit on 12-10-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yep. We got to see something now. So what do you got. Post it or get out bud.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Usually I like to give benifit of the doubt to the new people/stories, but this one brings in a few to many elements of the "sightings" phenom and plays on the drama a little to heavy.

seems a little cheezy, like a youthful exercise in creative writing.

Please prove me wrong with a follow up and more details.

The title "Weird happenings in a small town" works quite well though.

What and where is the town.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Some members of this board really need to get a [mod edit] life! Get a grip on youself man!

What a *snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Who is that in reference to?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
here's the explanation for your pc problems. you are researching ufos with your buddy. you both go to the same sites, download the same stuff and you email files to eachother. one of you downloaded something viral and passed it along to the other.

now, regarding your claims of ufos, cloaked craft etc, well, it all sounds rather interesting and, as always, a claim is a claim and nothing more without something concrete for the skeptics and believers to view and dissect. What I have found on this site is that the skeptics will dissect and tear down whatever you produce and the believers will believe whatever it is that you give them. This is why guys like meier and the slurpee story are still discussed and why the more rational stories are often swept under the rug.

There are some quality investigators here and, hopefully, you have something to show the boards so they can dig into it and see what you saw. Otherwise, you are simply telling a story and hoping the thousands of members here will believe it. It's awfully hard to convince a large group of strangers that what you are saying is true so be prepared for the worst.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I usually try to stay as neutral as possible until the op hangs himself. However this story I just can't swallow.

Observing the op's post I think I can cut his story down a little:

Hey, I'm bored! I think I'll come up with a way out story, post it on ATS, then I'll check back in a couple of hours and laugh my A off at the stupid suckers.

Why would someone post such a tale and then go offline? Wouldn't you stick around to interact and discuss? You claim to have video and evidence, yet you post none of it?

I have never dismissed a story this quickly but this one just hits me wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Some proof would be nice.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It started happening 5 years ago, and the media hasn't caught on? Oh yeah.. Shadow people everywhere..

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yep. I'm betting we don't hear from this guy again. Although I will keep my fingers crossed. Even though I have become numb to these types of ridiculous posts by new members, there is always still that glimmer of hope, no matter how dim.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yep. Looks like he's gone for good. Damn. I was really hoping....

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Let's give 'em a chance!

You never know, he might actually post a video or something. He says he has them, so he either posts them, or he's not being truthful.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The original poster of this thread returned to ATS the next day (Last active 10/13/2006) and failed to present anything or even reply to this thread.

The T.A.C. of this site clearly state you will not knowingly post false information (attempts at cheap hoaxes) or try to mislead the Membership in any way.

This Member's account is banned until (s)he presents the videos and or photographs promised in the original post. Simply use the "Contact ATS" button and notify us you have the "goods" and I'll reinstate the account so you can post them here.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ahh..it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to see that the rules are enforced around here. Hopefully people seeing this will cut down on this senseless posting. Good form.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
When will these youngsters learn that ATS is not the place to find an easy mark!

Now, let me get back to that Reptilian Overlord thread. He is promising a message before he leaves the planet and I don't want to miss it.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
For some reason your diamond fighter pilot portion reminds me of something I saw when I was a kit...

I saw 2 military helicopters (the ones with double roters) flying kind of offset from one another, and there was a very bright point of light flying between them. in the middle of a sunny afternoon. I could never quite figure out how a flying vehicle could be so bright durring the day that you can't see anything but the light anywhere around it...

new topics

top topics

join