It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your attention is needed please...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
With this post, I command all ATS members (who are warned regularly) to watch mandatory football (soccer for U.S. nationals) and basketball (NBA preseason will suffice, or the other domestic leagues around the world).

Watch the games and watch the games good. Pay especially attention when fouls are being committed. Notice why a foul is commited. Please do!!!

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it's because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

I repeat:

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it’s because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

If you understand that you will make our jobs as moderators much easier...
Your points will grow much faster and you will avoid being banned because of moderators being sick and tired of discussing you again and again and again, or because of a vault filled with complaints from other members against you, because of you attacking them.

Thank you.

Bandit

[edit on 10-10-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well never thought about it that way,
Great way to put it though

TRw

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is there a way to find out if we have had any complaints against us?

I have no idea how many people I've ticked off.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Nope. No way to check. Anyways many complaints are unfounded which is why we review them so the actual number would mean very little.

As for the number of people you've ticked off, probably less than me

Besides, judging by the redness of your point bar I'd say you've at least balanced things out over the time.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
*Blows whistle*

GAME ON!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it's because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

Except for when it's Zidane, then it's just funny.

Nice comparison though.

[edit: direct linking caused obscene "bandwidth theft" images]

[edit on 10/19/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Nice i like the analogy

I really never knew about this

although I have never attacked anyone, saying I did not want too, but yea thanks for the advice...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
hmmmmm is this quite similar to the Digital Ego?
I think some of the players attack their opponents so they would get injured and not get a chance to get the ball.Also they might think that they can handle the ball better than others.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
*Blows whistle*

GAME ON!

That is purty darn funny! There is no reason to get warned, if you cool off before you reply, and like Bandit said keep your eye on the ball, not the player. I have never been warned, but there is always a first time for everything.

With that in mind.
I wanted to try that out before I sent one u2u to someone.

I wasn't kissing up or anything. :shk:

[edit on 26-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Still, there's only so much a non-Mod can do...Thread-derailers can be pretty consistent when they put their minds to it. For example, in this 37 page thread, I've tried a few times to keep it on track; Even before I U2U'ed a Mod, who then pointed out how bad some of the posters were getting. Even now, the last 2 or 3 pages of that thread has gotten way off track yet again.

There's even accusations & counter-accusations flying around there. I'd U2U one of the Mods again, but posters have already been warned-by-Mod already...What's the next step?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

There's even accusations & counter-accusations flying around there. I'd U2U one of the Mods again, but posters have already been warned-by-Mod already...What's the next step?

File a complaint with the complain feature. This way the entire staff can be made aware of the problem and decide what action should be taken, if any.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Price Of Eternal Vigilance

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Mass bans, of course.

Saddle up boys, we're riding into Giza!

Edit: Sorry. I'm in a silly mood. I'll see if I can help.

[edit on 11/27/2006 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I like the football game analogy
but consider this
some of the players are internationals
some of them are league
and some of themn are playing football in the park on a sunday having consumed about 15 pints of lager after the pub closes
imo its the soccer hooligans claiming ridiculous things that keep threads like the Giza one going
iirc we had ascertained with enough proof by page 5 that the egyptians did it
then the pub closed and someone grabbed a football
we need more referees when someone actually commits a foul then they should be told firmly by a referee that they have done so
otherwise they continue to foul anyone who doesn't agree with the rules they think the game is built on without at anytime worrying or even knowing in some cases that there is a rule book

i recently was warned (quite fairly i might add) because of something i said to one of the hooligans who was fresh from the pub via the church
but after 37 pages of constantly reminding people of the rules of the game I finally lost my ball control
add to this of course the fact that for over four years now I have been playing with the same drunken players who have been breaking the same rules over and over you can see why i'm so sincrely sorry for the warning i received

I'd hate to see this forum go the same way as Unexplained mysteries, where since I asked for my membership to be deleted

the topics have changed from genuine ancient mysteries to such things as

Hollow Earth (is there a world beneath our feet) (geology)
Who wrote the bible (theology)
and my particular favourite:-
Cleopatra...a man? (your guess is as good as mine)

maybe you should consider closing a thread when a general consensus has been reached along with a notification of the agreed upon answer to the topic question
that way there would be more threads generated as posters look for better ways to expend their "intellectualism"

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

moderators being sick and tired of discussing you again and again and again, or because of a vault filled with complaints from other members against you, because of you attacking them.

COOOOOOOOOOOOL ... you guys have some super-secret mod vault behind the mod-wall with my name on it ..

CAN I SEE?

What do ya'll say about me behind my back? Tell me to my face.
See, I'm smiling and friendly .. go ahead .. tell me.

Lemme' see my file ... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ami no sa mes over di kiko bo ta papiando eynan.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ami no sa mes over di kiko bo ta papiando eynan.

Ohhhhh freak'n great! Super-secret mod language on the super-secret member files in mod land! Figures! ha!

I tried babblefish for dutch, french, italian, etc etc and all it came up with was 'not in service'. It must be secret mod talk.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Nope.. It's a language that only another member (from Curacao) and myself can speak. Some portuguese speaking people can understand it though.

It's papiamento.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It's papiamento.

Interesting! I figured it was Dutch. No wonder babblefish didn't translate.
Would YOU like to translate into English?? Or are you going to make me suffer??

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Noooooooooooooo! The Suuuuuuuuuper Mod has deemed that I must suffer! Oh .. whoa is me! I'm not going to get any sleep tonight .. I'll worry and toss and turn ... not knowing what the mods say about me behind my back.

that's okay ... I'll get over it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join