It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Time War!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Mogadishu, Somalia (AHN) - Somalia's Islamic council has vowed a "holy war" against its neighbors, Ethiopia. In retaliation, Ehiopia is moving troops into lawless areas of Somalia from fear of invasion by powerful Islamists.

www.allheadlinenews.com...

Damn..two superpowers going at it here..

Who ya got? I'm taking Ethiopia in an upset.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When this discution actually kicks off i'm with ethiopia. Honestly though, come on people, you all probably know just as much on the topic as I do (not much) but lets make something of this. I think the main points of focus in t his discusion should be;

1.The assesment of both militaries
2.Past wars that have been fought
3.The strategic and political aims of both sides

Please do not start talking about these countries economies since (my opinion) they wouldn't matter much. We know from past conflicts in that part of the world that you really don't need to be making cash or even have a gun to go to war.

Regards

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is probably going to be one of those 20 year wars where tons of people die and nobody ends up winning

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The conflict in that place is never really over. Seems though that this will be one of those 20 year threads
. ok, well, i'm waiting on someone to actually put forth some more info on the topic.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Somalia is an Islamic country now so that should tell you how this conflict will be framed within the Western Media. However, from what I understand it was Ethiopia that initiated this one - although I am sure they have a bit of a reason not to trust Somalia.....

As an aside though, I wonder if this will spill out to other countries? I live in Toronto. We have a large Somalian and Ethiopian population. Should they start fighting here because of the troubles in Africa then we may have some interesting times ahead. Kipling and Dixon is going to be a hell hole(Not that it isn't yet, but still)

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wars keep going because idiots keep selling them guns and bullets, and at any rate war in africa is nothing new. How many wars has there been over the past oh lets say 15 years? Go look it up and come back and tell us all, then tell us how many have died. If you see numbers in the millions then its nothing new, these people have been at war almost as long as the people in the middle east (in short ever since they found out about the others existance) and will keep killing till there is nothing left. Its safer just to put a huge land mine field around the nations and have a 200ft. and 50ft thick wall around them with an army guarding it and just say: go to it, last one standing wins.

new topics

top topics

join