It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Is My Beloved Croatia Going To Join The European Union?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Im currently living in the US. And Im waiting for Croatia to Join the European Union So I can go back to europe, and take peoples jobs in any country I want..

I heard it was in 2008?? I might be wrong. Hopefully soon so I can get out of America and party in europe..

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
CROATIA BEAT ENGLAND 2-0 in the European qualifiers. So I guess they may be inclded now quite soon, football will see they are advancing so if they can beat England they can join.

If they are letting Poland and Romania in what are they waiting for?
But how many will head for England? Its unfair the Poles got here first not sure there is enough space now in the UK. Italy maybe? Croatia beat them 2-0 in a friendly too.

Only joking but weigh out the economics, see if they should be in beforehand, why did the other countries get there first?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
aha we did beat england 2-0. And it was sweeeet!!! The nevile and robinson mistake was unbelivable.....

Ye we beat the world champs Italy....I guess we earned to be in the european union faster then people expect say..

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by denomanis

*Snip* I'm an American Croat like you. Unlike you I care for my countrymen and countrywomen. Maybe you just don't have the facts, in which case, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Listen pal, Croatia is not a rich country. Dalmatia has tourism, and Slavonia makes food. That's about it. Were no industrial powerhouse like Germany or Denmark. No world icon like France or Italy, and certainly no Great Britain. We are a small people, with a modest country. That being said, do you know that if Croatia joins the EU, all other EU citizens will be legally able to buy land and companies, not pay taxes to Croatia, only their homeland.

Now, we've already established that every country west of Hungary is wealthier then Croatia, and right now the Croatian tourism is hot. This is helping the Croatian economy a lot. Some might argue, the only thing keeping it in the black.

So can you imagine what would happen if Croatia got in the EU and if EVERY German and Italian and French tycoon decided to get in on the piece of the pie?!?!?

You can bet your red and white checkered ass that every piece of Baba and Didos land from Porec to Dubrovnik would practically be Germany Extension. I promise you will see more foreign flags on our soil then our own. They would buy EVERYTHING. They have the money, and Croatian (no offense, I'm 100% Croatian, I can say this) are simply not smart enough to know better. CROATIANS WILL BE SLAVES ON THEIR OWN LAND TO ITALIAN AND GERMAN LAND OWNERS.

Worse yet, ever bit of profit they make will be going straight to Berlin, and Paris, and Brussels, and Vienna. Meanwhile Croatians now have no land, no culture, and can't afford to live on the Euro. Don't believe me, take a look at what happened to Romania and Bulgaria. Trust me, those two aren't singing Euro praises.

The bottom line is, the Euro is great for every established West European country, and screws over everyone else. It will especially screw over Croatia.

What saddens me most, is that you are Croatian, you should know how many of our people died so that we could be free, so that we can be our own people, with flags on our land but the one with our grb. Thousands died for you and me and every Croat, and in one swift parliament vote (which the Croatian people don't control anymore by the way) all that death will be for nothing. We will be back in another alliance where the bullies take advantage of us, barely 15 years after we left the first alliance where the bullies took advantage of us.

And all you can think about is "finally partying in Europe!! woooo!!" I hope I've informed you on a subject you didn't know much about and changed your mind. If not, srmte bijo ti si srm hrvati.

Mod Edit: Please Refrain From Personal Insults.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why would a nation WANT to join the EU and lose their sovereignty, dignity and self determination?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by denomanis

I certainly hope that the UK Government exercise the option to limit the right on citizens from new EU members to come to the UK and take jobs.

And what benefit does Croatia joining the EU bring to me in the UK. Nothing!!!!! Just a bigger burden.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Guys. Not to worry. Croatia is a long way to getting into the EU.

www.economist.com...

[edit on 17-12-2008 by cognoscente]

top topics

join