It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling the world with your mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Sounds like haragei - ninjas sort of achieve oneness with everything to move around at night. It's a 720 degree thing, very cool. You feel at one with everything.

I met a guy in Montana who said he was an ex-Secret Service agent. He discussed some training that he recieved that sounded a lot like what you described. He could hear conversations from across a crowded (and loud) bar room. He was not reading lips either. He said they also trained his vision so he did not require glasses or corrective lenses (he had very poor eyesight before entering the Secret Service). Cool guy.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Perhaps, but a conscious sunconscious merging would allow for incredible amounts of information to be analyzed in a myriad of ways. Additionally, use of the subconscious with the conscious mind could allow for incredible problem solving, etc.

But just a theory

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
In my opinion it was just your energy coming into the flow of natures energy. It was almost as if you had become one with nature. I have had this feeling for a long time. In some instances even when I was awake.

I can (on good days) walk into an area and simply feel everything around me, much like you describe. It's not so much the physical sensation so much as the ability to feel the flow of energies all around me. I can sense movements and emotions as animals and people move around me. I haven't been as good with it lately, but I guess I'm out of practice. For a while, I tried to develop it further, but of course, life gets in the way and takes time from all disciplines at times.

Only recently have I started to go back to that path in my life after nearly a decade away from it. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to where I was fairly quickly and then proceed from there. So I guess you could say that I'm on the road to a return to my old ways.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Perhaps, but a conscious sunconscious merging would allow for incredible amounts of information to be analyzed in a myriad of ways. Additionally, use of the subconscious with the conscious mind could allow for incredible problem solving, etc.

But just a theory

I have been working on ways for my conscious and subconscious minds to merge for many years now. So far I have had excellent results.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159

Originally posted by Dreamstone

But just a theory

I have been working on ways for my conscious and subconscious minds to merge for many years now. So far I have had excellent results.

Could you possibly offer some of your techniques for others to try? I assure you that they would be much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
For me, it helped to think of the mind as a very strong computer. Once I started thinking like that, I started trying to analyze all of my actions, thoughts, and reasoning processes.
I think that if you want to try merging consciousness and subconsiousness, you should start with awareness. Try to be aware of everything you do and think. Then just build on that awareness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join