It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Universe : Our Existence : Our God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
To The Mods : Please place this wherever it is necessary.

As I walked outside tonight at 3:15 a.m... as I often do... I came to share my emotions with the sky and the universe. I asked for answers to why I am the way that I am... and I began crying my eyes out. Laying there, I pondered the idea of the infinite universe once again, (or was it shoved into my head?) but this time I factored in the speed of light. If the universe is infinite then how could we -infinitely see- light, infinitely in every direction? "And then God said 'let there be light'; and there was light." It can only be the work of the infinite and eternal God... the evolution OF evolution of reality.

Light travels at approximately 186,000 miles per second or 300,000 km/s. Traveling at this speed; the only way that light could be seen at an 'infinite' distance from any point in the universe can only be explained by it already infinitely existing... or by it being instantaneously infinitely created. Everytime we stare up at the sky we are staring into the infinite abyss. We are looking infinity in the face... and chasing its end that is neverending, chasing it's beginning that never occured. The eternal and the infinite is what we are... it is what we exist in. =) Thank you God. Thank you whatever it is that gave me answers... thank you to all of those who are helping... thank you eternal time for knowing what I was before I was even born. Thank you infinity, thank you eternity, thank you extra-terrestrials, (Angels) thank you light. Thank you to everything.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi, Nice post! Just want to address a couple of issues...

Originally posted by UbiquitousInfiniteReality
If the universe is infinite then how could we -infinitely see- light, infinitely in every direction?

We can't! Olbers' Paradox

Originally posted by UbiquitousInfiniteReality
"And then God said 'let there be light'; and there was light." It can only be the work of the infinite and eternal God... the evolution OF evolution of reality.

I would replace 'It can only' in the second sentence with 'Could this' if this is a thread belonging in Science and Technology. What you have said there is an opinion, not fact.

Originally posted by UbiquitousInfiniteRealitythe only way that light could be seen at an 'infinite' distance from any point in the universe can only be explained by it already infinitely existing... or by it being instantaneously infinitely created.

Or that in a vacuum there is nothing for the light to interact with so it will go on forever.

Originally posted by UbiquitousInfiniteRealityThank you God. Thank you whatever it is that gave me answers...

How about thanking yourself? You are the one who elucidated these thoughts into words.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thank you. I do believe that as we continue to build telescopes, stronger and stronger, we will only continue to see further and further. All light already exists in an infinite linearity. I suppose I should thank myself, but I never do as I consider me to be one with everything, so in thanking the rest I am thanking myself more than enough.

Edit : I was reading Olber's paradox and it said that the origin of light is terminated at the star? I don't understand this... maybe because my imagination won't allow it. Light is radiated concentrically. Light doesn't stop at the star, the star gives off light in every direction. Light starts at the star. We can only visually perceive with the presence of light, therefore stars are our vision and shouldn't be thought of as any variation of a termination of it.

Am I understanding this right? Every line of sight should terminate eventually on the surface of a star. Is that suggesting that the universe should be illuminated? I think we have a lot to learn and even more to let go of. By the way... my motto is that the only truth found within a paradox is of the illusion of the paradox itself... they don't exist. Paradoxes are not the truth that is to be settled on.

Space+Imagination+Time+Existence+Reality=Infineterneality? Infinite/eternal/reality. Shouldn't we coin a word that brings all of those together, since they are all one? Or will 'existence' still do the job after it is accepted? =)

[edit on 9-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

join