It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro Possibly has Terminal Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It would appear Fidel Castro, infamous dictator of Cuba, has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Time.com
Ever since President Fidel Castro was sidelined for what was said to be abdominal surgery last July, Cuban officials have maintained that the country's leader will return to his post. ''We will again have him leading the revolution,'' said Foreign Minister Felipe PĂ©rez Roque just two days ago, speaking at an outdoor rally to protest the U.S. trade embargo against Cuba, according to the Communist Party daily newspaper Granma.

But U.S. officials tell TIME that many in the U.S. government are now convinced that Castro, 80, has terminal cancer and will never return to power. "Certainly we have heard this, that this guy has terminal cancer," said one U.S. official.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, what can you say? After all the hustle and fuss of the past few months, it's finally confirmed.
I was just sitting here, and heard the words "Castro" and "terminal cancer" from the news. Time is the only news source running a story on it right now, but that will change in a few minutes I'm sure.

Well, the guy was in power for 47 years, and managed to outlast 9 U.S. presidents, of which a few tried to kill him. Poisoned and exploding cigars, hair removal powder, Mob contracts, deadly wetsuits, airborne sprays of '___'-like chemicals, all in the name of Freedom. Operation MONGOOSE was one of the more arcane acts of the 20th century.

I am sure MANY will be very glad to see him gone, most especially a good majority of the Cuban population.

I really don't know all that much about him after the 60's, so I will reserve my opinion.

Time magazine still seems to be the only site running a decent story. Will edit accordingly. edit: 4 new articles added. More every minute. Most sources quote the Times article, as they are the only ones that got the scoop. 5 hours on . . . still waiting for confirmation. It probably won't come. This sounds like 'U.S. officials' blowing (more) hot air. Pity.

Related News Links:
123Cuba.com
PoliPundit.com
WashingtonPost.com
CBSNews.com
SunTimes.com
ChinaDaily.com.cn

[edit on 8/10/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

join