It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My artistic 2018 strike partnership - manned strike / unmanned recon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
With all the talk about the new strike team for the 2018 time span, I thought i'd sit and rustle up a couple of pics to show what I think would be a good concept -

Here is the slower, subsonic stealth unmanned recon craft with twin engines flying wing config.. (The pictures are done in fake night vision to add a little bit of artistic license!)

img315.imageshack.us...

and here is the single seat, supercruise capable strike aircraft - A highly swept high supersonic craft, with the distinctive saw tooth trailing edge made so famous by the B-2 bomber...

img335.imageshack.us...

Hope you like it, and any comments / ideas to either make it more 'realistic' or point me in another directions, feel free to add!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Heres a pic you might like along similar lines

*note to everyone - its not real*, just in case you thought it was THAT good

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Now thats cool - needs a bit of distortion to make the wings look less stubby, but hell, its a great one - do you know who did it at all?

Thanks for posting - I have a bit of a thing for flying wing ucavs and manned craft! and ive only been on ATS a short while....omg whats it going to be like in a year or so....lol

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A mate of mine who is in the RAF was on exchange in the USA a while back and he spoofed me with 'look what I've seen' and sent me this. I did actually post it on here, to my embarrassment, at the time and I think he made it himself. Its ok though, we're friends again now

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
yeah I just ran it through the good old photoshop.... and theres only a few very slight oddities...but you have to have some extra filters to find them...

Cheers for that, and yes I see its a B-2 chopped into a flying wing smaller than the origional..but very very good though!

Oh and in BTS you can see my faked FB-22A I did if it interests you at all! (in artwork, fake thread!)

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey here for you waynos - FB-22A doing the vertical!!!

img135.imageshack.us...

I took in what people said, took out the vertical tails, and made it 'more stealthy'...lol well I guess this is my interperatation of it any how!!

The shine on it is actually the raptors skin as its caught in bright sun light - kid you not!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
A mate of mine who is in the RAF was on exchange in the USA a while back and he spoofed me with 'look what I've seen' and sent me this. I did actually post it on here, to my embarrassment, at the time and I think he made it himself. Its ok though, we're friends again now

What did he do in America?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Love that FB-22 image, excellent work

FIN, it was something to do with radars and communications, boring ground based stuff.

Like I said to him "you're nothing special, you don't even fly, except as baggage"

[edit on 8-10-2006 by waynos]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
hahahahaha waynos thats blooming funny....rofl good one!

hahaha about even then for his plane picture I'd take it??

lol - baggage...i'll have to rememeber that one when i see my brothers...rofl.

lol here you go - just messing around with a B-2..

img81.imageshack.us...

and again with a fake IR look to it...

img151.imageshack.us...

[edit on 8-10-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

[edit on 8-10-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I like the look of the Fb-23 better than the Fb-22 but your art work looks very good, wonder what other aircraft that is secert not made yet. What other planes would you like to model?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well,
i've done the manned / unmanned JSF -( Murc did an awesome unmanned JSF variant thats even better than the one from Lockheed!) I did a FB-23A variant, and now variouse strike / recon mock ups.... so i guess theres just one bird left to do as a project..... gonna have to do an aurora / SR- 75 Black Knight / Penetrator...

new topics

top topics

join