It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 cross.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A steel beam in the shape of a cross has been taken to St Peter's church in NY city, it was apparently discovered under the rubble after that tragic day. It is "a new symbol to remind people of the horrors and heroism of that day".

Five years after the September 11 attacks, New Yorkers have a new symbol to remind them of the horrors - and heroism - of that day.

A steel beam in the shape of a cross, left standing in the rubble of the World Trade Centre, has been taken to St Peter's Church in the city.

The 20-ft-tall beam has become a reminder for family, recovery workers and builders.

It was discovered in the smoking ruins two weeks after the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Source: 9/11 cross

Any opinions on this? I have a couple of questions.

Why now if it was found a couple of weeks after the attack? Would'nt it have been nice to have this symbol helping people during the past 5 years too?

Whats everyones thoughts on the "perfect cross" shape that it just happened to end up in? Coincidence or manmade? Nice to see the falling debris from the building just happened to sheer off the beams at exactly the right places. I was led to believe that most of the beams were wrecked beyond recognition that day, or of course melted into various shapes? Maybe this was the one that got away?

As for the beam itself......is this the only one left? I thought all the evidence was shipped away in crates?

Not too sure what to make of this myself.

CX.

[edit on 6/10/06 by CX]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am strictly against all religion and think of all the pieces in the WTC its likely that a perfect cross came out of the rubble...

Still a good question to put forward. thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Considering the amount of steel beams at the WTC's that came down that day, I'd say it's highly likley that one came out in the shape of a cross.

join