It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready for freak weather

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
looks like were in trouble
for the sceptics
"The people in denial now are the equivalent of the Flat Earth Society,"
"Humankind is in a race for life against global warming."
heres the link
news.ninemsn.com.au...
i say in 5 years there will be more katrinas around the world

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And yet I still have to wonder what exactly it was that caused all of the hills, valleys and lakes we have here in Wisconsin....must have been all of those factories and SUV's that melted those glaciers.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We've had some very weird weather here in New Mexico for the last year or so, relative to the last ten years or so, but maybe not in the last maybe 100 years or so.

We were in a drought for about a decade, but after a very wet monsoon season, things are greener here than I've ever seen them.

First, people were praying for rain. Then, they started praying for it to stop.

Frankly, I'm loving every minute of it.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm with Grady on this one, I'm lovin' every minute of it.

When human frailty in the face of natural fury is made clear, I'm a happy guy. We take ourselves too seriously most of the time. We're insects, tiny specks with WAY too much hubris.

The power of nature outstrips even our atomic weapons. The ingenuity of nature puts our scientists to shame.

We're small and weak, and the sooner we get that through our thick skulls, the more we can do to preserve our species for the long run. There's so much to learn from the natural world, and if we could stop fighting against it, we might find a way to live with it.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Get ready for freak weather? What have we been having for the last twenty years? Normal?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am more than upset with the Media over their portrayal of the Hoax of the Ozone Layer Hole, Freak Weather is happenstance, where's the next tornado then?!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Get ready for freak weather? What have we been having for the last twenty years? Normal?

Yes, in actual fact, wild extremes of weather is perfectly normal. Imagine a year with no tornados, no hurricanes, no blizzards, no droughts, no floods ..... now that would be freaky!!!!!

What we can expact though is a greater than ever tendency for the media and some campaigners to attribute just about everything to global warming. Windy today? Must be GW. Rained overnight? That's GW for you. An Indian Summer? What's that must be proof of GW ....

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
When human frailty in the face of natural fury is made clear, I'm a happy guy. We take ourselves too seriously most of the time. We're insects, tiny specks with WAY too much hubris.

Reminds me of something.

'An Ant with plans of global domination is still just an Ant'

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If you think hard about it you'll realize that the frequency of tornadoes on the last couple years may not have changed much.I'll tell for certain the areas where they manifest certainly have, Not only because of global warming and pollution but because of where there are cities now there was nothing but trees and grasslands before. in happenstance the tornadoes have moved farther north into ontario and become far more feirce in the southern states.

That's gotta be some type of sign of radical weather.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I live in the panhandle of FL. and we are almost at the end of hurricane season, and haven't had one storm blow though here, i have lived here for 15 years now that's weird.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Remember Buffalo and the "Storm" in the winter of '77? Seems they are gettin' a head-start this year. Nasty weather yesterday all along lake Erie... big-time snow for October... lotsa hydro-outtages. Meanwhile 70 or so miles away in the Toronto area - a nice but chilly day.

Victor K.

41'

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
well the last 3 days here in australia its been 30 plus degrees
now thats freaky

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
we had a nice freak blizzard hit just north of toronto that day.

It was on and of between nice and dreary.

I do find the weather seems a bit odd though. Something tells me it's not just all weather cycles either, people i have talked to in certain areas in the last two years usually say something along the lines of i haven't seen weather like this since i was a kid.

I'm personally of the belief that we are in for some good weather phenomenon in the next ten years after that i don't want to be living on earth.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
looks like were in trouble
for the sceptics
"The people in denial now are the equivalent of the Flat Earth Society,"

The flat earthers where mostly scientist and politicians , just like now...

"Humankind is in a race for life against global warming."
heres the link
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Humankind is in a race against many things ( opression,hunger ,etc) but it certainly aint 'global warming' considering the global warming thing cant seem to make up it's mind and be consistent.

i say in 5 years there will be more katrinas around the world

And that may very well be so but is that bad weather really so random? Which countries are experiencing the most freakish weather?

Stellar

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
If you think hard about it you'll realize that the frequency of tornadoes on the last couple years may not have changed much.I'll tell for certain the areas where they manifest certainly have,

And that gets you to thinking that it increases in some locations only because of 'natural' causes? Have you given the idea of not so natural causes any thought?

Not only because of global warming and pollution

Pollution only contributes so much ( look it up ) and global warming seems to be a thing without rhythm or reason as there as been a very slight cooling trend since 99'.

but because of where there are cities now there was nothing but trees and grasslands before. in happenstance the tornadoes have moved farther north into Ontario and become far more fierce in the southern states.

That's gotta be some type of sign of radical weather.

Well it sure is but what do we make of it in the absence of evidence that global temperatures have changed much or at all?

Stellar

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure there's a lack of evidence of anything. There's tons of evidence that the earth is warming. The evidence is consistent when averaged globally, and not a result of locals talking about a bad winter here, or a warm summer there.

Ice core samples indicate that while the earth has been this temp before, it took several thousand years to do so. Yet this time it's been about 150... oddly enough, it's right around the time of the industrial revolution.

Each month more and more people come around to the right way of thinking. I find it incredibly amusing that this board, of all places, would call out 'suspect' evidence in ANY respect. I've seen so much 1/2-assed detective work on this board that I make family nights out of reading some of the posts aloud. Yet, somehow global warming doesn't have enough evidence.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You have to look no further than the claims that the Antarctic was warming. These boneheads run with with the data and just produce one bad piece of research after another. It seems all these guys do is copy bad ideas from each other and call it new research. Basically they are running a puppy mill for global warming reports. Just rehasing the old garbage under new names.

So then it was discovered that when you took more observations than just a few from the peninsula that the Antarctic was actually cooling. So now these tools are trying to make up stories to say somehow global warming is responsible for the cooling despite their previous claims that Antarctica would be the first to warm.

I've seen more credibility in a political debate.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I thought this was a relatively peaceful year especially as far as Atlantic hurricanes go. I don't recall any really large massive outbreak of tornadoes but I guess it's all relative if you lived near an area that got hit in any given year. I certainly didn't mind a break in the hurricanes after last year's storms did so much damage in the Gulf of Mexico.

I feel confident our normal freaky weather will return soon. I'm glad I live in the US. I think I would be bored with the weather if we didn't have so many storms to keep us entertained or on our toes. I believe the US ranks high in the frequency of storms and tornadoes. You just never want a tornado to strike close to where you live.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Just think about it. For those of you old enough to remember. 20-30 years ago would you have thought that with the click of a button, you could instantly see the weather pattern "live" halfway across the world? Or, almost instantly, see earthquakes anywhere in the world, where the epicenter was, AND their magnitude/frequency?
Communication has improved drastically since then to a broader audience. The internet and telecommunications has made this world smaller, and made the common man's opinion more vociferous.
We don't really know jack about what is normal and what is not when it comes to our climate. The average human lives, what? 60-80 years? Even in the blink of an eye geologically speaking, thats just a blink of an eye! For all we know, maybe it is perfectly normal for Alaska to see a tornado every 800 years, a blizzard in Central America, or an earthquake in Kansas every 5000 years. The fact of the matter is that just because something is unusual in our lifetime does not mean it is not a regular occurrence in several lifetimes!

Apply this to global warming/bigfoot sightings--whatever fits the bill!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner
I'm not sure there's a lack of evidence of anything. There's tons of evidence that the earth is warming.

I certain locations and some years , yes...

The evidence is consistent when averaged globally, and not a result of locals talking about a bad winter here, or a warm summer there.

When you take atmospheric average atmospheric temperature readings you end up with a very sligth global cooling trend since 1999....

Ice core samples indicate that while the earth has been this temp before, it took several thousand years to do so.

Ice core sample's shows many many things depending on how deep and where you get them from but most interestingly that Co2 and methane levels ( PPM) are not at all proportional to the temperatures in those era's. It basically shows/proves that we know very little about our atmosphere and what influences temperature most fundamentally.

Yet this time it's been about 150... oddly enough, it's right around the time of the industrial revolution.

Once again we are recovering from a little ice age where global temperatures went below norm and are still recovering. If you wish to explain how they far farming in southern Greenland not a thousand years ago ( it was much warmer then and no industrial societies around that i am aware of) please proceed as that should be interesting.

Each month more and more people come around to the right way of thinking.

It's clearly related to certain way of thinking as thinking on the whole can not lead anyone to believe in global warming and certainly not human driven global warming.

I find it incredibly amusing that this board, of all places, would call out 'suspect' evidence in ANY respect.

I find it incredibly amusing that you consider global warming something of a 'conspiracy theory' where evidence is so thin on the ground that we must resort to the 'suspect' evidence spread by the world's media and politicians. If anything we understand at least enough about our planet to prove quite conclusively that real science has not been involved in the global warming media racket.

I've seen so much 1/2-assed detective work on this board that I make family nights out of reading some of the posts aloud.

Sadly very true...

Yet, somehow global warming doesn't have enough evidence.

Well as with all things there is plenty of evidence if you look at only certain data sets and reality is discovered only when your willing and able to look at all sides and as much data as possible. I you want to turn this into a technical discussion i can surely show to you that there is far more to be said about global warming ( like 16 000 American scientist signing a petition) than what you will hear in even the American press.

Stellar

top topics

<<   2 >>

join