It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatwa Issued Against Pope Benedict

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarShia

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This was inevitable. It's distrubing and exposes Islam for what it reallly is.

Let's hope that your disturbance don't lead you to believe shallow ideas like this .

....I dont think anyone will be convinced until they just start wholesale masnlaughter.....

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Ok so as I understand it this groop and its leader sighned an order to kill the Pope. You also stated that islam had decreed this groop as infidels. Who is it that is responcible for decreing people or groops as infidels?

In the case of the wahabis , anyone who reads islam as it should be read (that means by quran and authentic narrations related to the prophet (pbuh) and his progeny) * , then he compares it to the believes and actions of these groups will see the vast difference between Muhammad's (pbuh) islam and their own version/religion that they preach (Muhammad ibn Abdl-Wahhab's version) .
Ironically wahhabis who claim to be muslims , revere and follow the path of peoples like Mu'aweya and Yezid who were totally unislamic , fought the prophet (pbuh) , killed his family (pbuh) , and opposed the shari'a .
How could they still considered muslims and accounted on islam ?

The following are some links that clarify the reality of wahabis :
The Wahabis - A brief history
Wahabism: Understanding the roots and role models of Islamic fanaticism and terror - I
Wahabism: Understanding the roots and role models of Islamic fanaticism and terror - II
Fitnatul Wahhabiyyah; The menace of Wahabism
Victims of Wahabism

As for the word infidel , in arabic "kafir" means an unbeliever, a person who hides, denies, or covers the truth . In Islamic parlance, kafir is a word used to describe a person who rejects the Oneness of God , the message of His prophet , the resurrection , or something from the religional necessities , while knowing its necessity , in a way that his rejection returns to the islamic message's rejection .
Also Kufr is different kinds , refer to this article for a brief detail .

Almost every religion claim to possess the truth , so it considers its adherents as believers and the non adherents as infidels . The problem lies with the results built on the classification , like the terrorist Wahabis who kill peoples for their believes , and not in the act of classifiying itself .
In another terms , every one is free in his religion and his consideration for who is a believer in his religion and who is not , but don't kill eachothers because of it :

"There is no compulsion in religion / for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. " [2:256]
"Therefore do remind, for you are only a reminder / You are not a watcher over them" [88:21]

* The Prophet (pbuh) have said :
"I'm leaving amongst you two most valuable things- one is Allah's book and the other is my Progeny . Till you are bounded with these two you will never ever go astray. "

What you need to understand is that the fatwa represents enough Muslims to make Islam the single greatest threat to peace in the world today. And what is more, Islam doesn't seem to be a bit concerned about their image problem.

If that fatwa represents so many muslims , it will make those muslims and their ideology the threat you're concerned about and not islam . You're be dealing with those muslims , their interpretation for islam and before all , with the causes that led them to resort to such paths and to adopt such ideologies .

Islam itself as a religion still clear from the so-called muslim terrorists , the fanatical groups and their public supporters .

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

That's about the most uneducated statement I have ever read. Western Civilization for all its faults has done more to bring peace to the world and to relieve suffering than any social phenomenon extant.

Oh, the irony. Western Civilization = peace? hmmmm... Face it, we've f*cked countless countries and indiginous populations for nothing more than $$$. Please, save the patriotism. I couldn't love a nation that has such contempt for its own citizens and "those horrible little brown people" (i.e. anyone who's not white and/or Westernized). Its a harsh reality, but a reality nonetheless

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
t's a well known fact that it takes 2 parties to have a war.

Not really. Hitler decided to take over the planet all on his own. The Emperor in Japan did the same. Radical Islamics (NOTE that I said radical and not all!) have decided to go to war against all non-Islamics. Convert or die.

It does NOT necessarily take two parties at odds to start a war. Many times it only takes one person or party that wants to take over the planet.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by BitRaiser
t's a well known fact that it takes 2 parties to have a war.

Not really. Hitler decided to take over the planet all on his own. The Emperor in Japan did the same. Radical Corporations (NOTE that I said radical and not all!) have decided to go to war against all non-corporized nations. Convert or die.

It does NOT necessarily take two parties at odds to start a war. Many times it only takes one person or party that wants to take over the planet.

Edited for perspective

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
ever see Eddie Izzard do his shtick on jihads? downright hilarious.

Oh, the fruitshop shortchanged me! F*cking jihad on them!

*bump into him walking* HEY! A f*cking jihad on you!

"How many jihads've you got going now, Dad?"

About 24... hard to keep up with them all...

priceless...

TheRanchMan

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Nothing new here.They are simply following the so-called "holy books".
Qur'an 5:77 : "Say (Muhammad): ‘People of the Book, do not overstep the bounds in your religion, or follow the people who erred and led many astray. Cursed are the unbelievers among the Children of Israel by David and Jesus.... They do vile things, allying themselves with the infidels so that Allah's indignation is upon them and in torment they will suffer for all eternity." [Another translation reads:] "Curses were pronounced on the unbelievers, the Children of Israel who rejected Islam, by the tongues of David and of Jesus because they disobeyed and rebelled."
Qur'an 9:30 : "The Jews call Uzair the son of Allah, and the Christians say that the Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying from their mouths; they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's (Himself) fights against them, cursing them, damning and destroying them. How perverse are they!"
Just making sure Christians feel "subdued".
9:29 : “Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not Islam as the religion of truth among the people of the Scripture, until they pay the Jizyah [religious tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

top topics

<< 1   >>

join