It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fatwa Issued Against Pope Benedict

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.saag.org...

A Fatwa has been issued against Pope Benedict. The Fatwa came out of Pakistan. I don't fully understand who can issue Fatwas and who can not. And I don't understand how someone in Pakistan can issue one against someone who lives in Italy. Anyways .. it's been done.

The article says this -
The Markaz-ud-Dawa (MUD) of Pakistan, which is the political wing of the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET), has issued a Fatwa calling upon the Muslims to kill Pope Benedict.

And then it says this -
Pakistan's Jamaat-ud-Dawa has issued a Fatwa asking the Muslim community to kill Pope Benedict.

I don't know if it is the MUD or the JUD that did the issuing, or if both are the same??

The US State Department says JUD and LET are terrorist organisations. President General Pervez Musharraf (Pakistan) rejects that and says they are Islamic charity organisations.

I am used to Bishops having control over certain areas and those Bishops are not allowed to make decisions about what is happening in another Bishops area. Guess these Fatwas don't work that way.

www.saag.org...



[edit on 10/4/2006 by FlyersFan]




posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What the hell? Why after a few weeks? And um, what exactly is a "Fawta"?



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ever see Eddie Izzard do his shtick on jihads? downright hilarious.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This was inevitable. It's distrubing and exposes Islam for what it reallly is.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
What the hell? Why after a few weeks? And um, what exactly is a "Fawta"?


A fatwa () plural fatāwa () , is a legal pronouncement in Islam, issued by a religious law specialist on a specific issue. Usually a fatwa is issued at the request of an individual or a judge to settle a question where ’’fiqh,’’ Islamic jurisprudence, is unclear. A scholar capable of issuing fatwas is known as a Mufti.

What a fuss about... nothing. Loose threats seem to be normal these days. Not really something to be scared or worried about.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This was inevitable. It's distrubing and exposes Islam for what it reallly is.


Let's hope that your disturbance don't lead you to believe shallow ideas like this .

Your statement is in response for savage and terrorist wahabi gangs . No logic accepts to hold islam responsible for the acts of an aberrant group that islam had decreed them as infidels and diverted from religion . Or by your logic , christianity and christians should be held responsible for the crimes of their savage ancestors , the crusaders , and along with judaism and the jews for the oppressions of their current criminal colonialist governements .



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
What the hell? Why after a few weeks? And um, what exactly is a "Fawta"?
A "Fawta" is almost like a "Fatwa". Both are a big steamy pile of crap and smell as equally bad.I actually made a Fawta this morning before I went to work



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarShia


Your statement is in response for savage and terrorist wahabi gangs . No logic accepts to hold islam responsible for the acts of an aberrant group that islam had decreed them as infidels and diverted from religion . Or by your logic , christianity and christians should be held responsible for the crimes of their savage ancestors , the crusaders , and along with judaism and the jews for the oppressions of their current criminal colonialist governements .


Anar,
Ok so as I understand it this groop and its leader sighned an order to kill the Pope. You also stated that islam had decreed this groop as infidels. Who is it that is responcible for decreing people or groops as infidels?



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
As far as I understand a fatwa is just a religious ruling issued by any Imam. Their importance is dictated by how many followers the Imam who issued the ruling has.

[edit on 10/4/2006 by djohnsto77]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A Fatwa is no different from a guy like Pat Robertson (or whatever that freaks name is) calling for Chavez to be killed (which he did).

Its a religious leader saying its ok to kill or he wants another person killed.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Two groups of delusional people are continuing there centuries old conflict and if there wasnt people like me who could get caught in the cross fire I wouldnt care what the wack jobs on either side get up to.
Humans have only evolved so far most while humans can controll the environment around many of them they are unable to think for themselvs.

At no point did any the wack jobs question question the existance of god .
Simple logic and this is often the logic used by people who think that there is a higher power , if god created the earth then what created god ?


[edit on 4-10-2006 by xpert11]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
if god created the earth then what created god ?


Man.

It's that simple. "God" is a word we use to discribe "that which created us". Whatever force led to our existance (be it a consious supernatural entity, or random bio-chemical chaos) the fact remains that because we have the ability to define "God", we have infact created "God".

The fact that we are so willing to kill each other over our different perseptions (of God or anything else) is just another piece of proof that humanity is insane.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
A Fatwa is no different from a guy like Pat Robertson (or whatever that freaks name is) calling for Chavez to be killed (which he did).


There is a huge difference. When Pat Robertson said that Chavez was a threat to national security and that he should be "taken out," he was expressing an opinion, not issuing an order that would compel Americans to take it upon themselves to carry out that action.


Asked about the broadcaster's call for his assassination, Chavez said, "It doesn't matter to me."

"I don't know who that person is," he said. "As far as his opinion of me goes, I couldn't care less."

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said Tuesday that Robertson has the right of any private citizen to say whatever he wants, but added that the broadcaster's remarks "do not represent the views of the United States."

www.cnn.com...


Chavez recently traveled without fear to the United States where he made outrageous statements regarding our president before the United Nations.

You might ask Salman Rushdie if he would like to visit Iran to make similar statements regarding Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

www.rediff.com...

www.saag.org...



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Pope's speech, from what I understand, was about the violence in their religion.

So I guess to show the Pope how mad they are at him having the nerve to say that about their religion, they are going to kill him.

That will show the world how wrong the Pope was. [sarcasm]

[edit on 4/10/06 by Keyhole]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
The Pope's speach, from what I understand, was about the violence in their religion.

So I guess to show the Pope how mad they are at him having the nerve to say that about their religion, they are going to kill him.

That will show the world how wrong the Pope was. [sarcasm]

Apparently, Allah is a great lover of Irony.


What most people seem to be missing in this thread is the understanding that this edict was made by Radicalized Islam and should not be considered representitive of all Islam.

In my opinion, this is a stupid theological peeing match between two radical exreamest groups. I would be perfectly happy if they would do us all the service of removing eachother from the genepool. I just wish they'd get it over with and stop involving so many others.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
What most people seem to be missing in this thread is the understanding that this edict was made by Radicalized Islam and should not be considered representitive of all Islam.


Almost everyone understands this, if for no other reason than it has been repeated by everyone from GW Bush to Homer Simpson.

What you need to understand is that the fatwa represents enough Muslims to make Islam the single greatest threat to peace in the world today. And what is more, Islam doesn't seem to be a bit concerned about their image problem.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
How many Islamics do you know?

I've got some friends who are followers of Islam and yes, they are ashamed of the actions being taken by those who would abuse their faith.

I utterly fail to understand how you can state that Islam is the single biggest threat when it's a well known fact that it takes 2 parties to have a war. Westren culture IS taking over the world. Our brand of rampent irrespouncible consumerism has caused evils and suffering on a vast scale. Like it or not, We are members of an invasive sociaty based on greed and ignorance that celibrates corruption, apathy, and immoral ecconomic domination.

These people do not believe in that and are willing to fight it.

As Ripley said in the movie Aliens; "At least you don't see them f
ing each other over for a goddamn percentage.".

I DO NOT, under any means, support the use of violance and terror as a way to further social ideaologies, but you need to understand that this battle is a case of two wrongs not making a right. There are no white hats here... just alot of pain and suffering caused by the fact that humanity refuses to reach for enlightenement.



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
I utterly fail to understand how you can state that Islam is the single biggest threat when it's a well known fact that it takes 2 parties to have a war. Westren culture IS taking over the world. Our brand of rampent irrespouncible consumerism has caused evils and suffering on a vast scale. Like it or not, We are members of an invasive sociaty based on greed and ignorance that celibrates corruption, apathy, and immoral ecconomic domination.


That's about the most uneducated statement I have ever read. Western Civilization for all its faults has done more to bring peace to the world and to relieve suffering than any social phenomenon extant.

I, and many other Americans, am often embarrassed by our popular culture, but our nation and the other free nations of the world develop and export the vast majority of technolgy and products that feed and heal the the masses, not to mention the other less important diversions.

You need to get a grip on reality.

[edit on 2006/10/4 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
hahaha this means nothing....

wasnt there a fatwa issued for a nuke......and yea that didnt happen



posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
That's about the most uneducated statement I have ever read. Western Civilization for all its faults has done more to bring peace to the world and to relieve suffering than any social phenomenon extant.

I, and many other Americans, am often embarrassed by our popular culture, but our nation and the other free nations of the world develop and export the vast majority of technolgy and products that feed and heal the the masses, not to mention the other less important diversions.

You need to get a grip on reality.

[edit on 2006/10/4 by GradyPhilpott]

The fact that you would respond with such hostility to a moderate view implies that you have personal bias.

I support neither side in this struggle. I condem both sides for their abhorant actions. I feel that resorting to "at least we're better than them" arguments is a cop-out and further demonstrates our sociaties inability to deal with our own deamons.

If you don't believe that rampent consumerism is a problem, I suggest that you need to read up on the subject some more. Maybe start with a viewing of The Corporation.

All I'm saying is that there are more complex reasons for this radicalism of Islam and anti-westernism. If we cannot acknowlage that fact and try to understand it, then we are NOT better than they are.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by BitRaiser]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join