It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, if we are no longer the USA...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
...And become the North American Union or whatever, doesn't that mean that we become a new nation, and the constitution and bill of rights of the USA no longer apply?

Forgive me if this has been brought up(and I'm sure it has). Just curious what "you'se guys" opinions are.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Most likely the "North American Union" is being designed to counteract the "European Union". I don't really think a reformulation of the constitution would be necessary in this instance.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
United States of New Continent. Thats my opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Most likely the "North American Union" is being designed to counteract the "European Union".

Nahh I don't think so. They will join with Europe in the further away future. It's New World Order, remember?
The CFR (an NWO front) is the architect behind the N.A.U.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Most likely the "North American Union" is being designed to counteract the "European Union".

Nahh I don't think so. They will join with Europe in the further away future. It's New World Order, remember?
The CFR (an NWO front) is the architect behind the N.A.U.

Ummmm,maybe. I don't really see America joining the European Union, but I suppose it could happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The rate that the European Union is being turned into a superstate is shocking, countries are being added all the time most not even economically ready. The UK has been saturated by eastern European's since their countries have join, 600,000 Polish have come already. The problem occurs when working migrants come over here for 6 months and take there wealth back to there origin, it won't look rosey in a few years time. Romania is joining soon and looking at recent reports they predict there countries population will half due to migration to the richer countries.

Could you imagine if USA and Mexico joined together, there would be not one single soul left in Mexico. USA's economy is on the brink already, but just get ready to see who save's the population thats what going to be a frightning thought.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Most likely the "North American Union" is being designed to counteract the "European Union". I don't really think a reformulation of the constitution would be necessary in this instance.

Actually, they are pushing in the European Union to write a constitution for all the countries, so they would do it here also. This is NWO coming.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It'll still be the USA:

The United States of the Americas

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't mind joining with Canada, but not Mexico. I don't like Mexico and it will not benefit the US at all. Canadians won't migrate to the US, and it won't affect our lives that much. And plus if the US and Canada joined we would both then have the highest GDP.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I live in Quebec, and as a Quebecers, I wouldn't mind joining USA if we could get a special part in the consitution to let us how we are now, that we can still speak french, have our own government, everything. Also, why I don't want NOW to get with the US, it's because of you're fascists laws, you're government, you're diebold vote machine, you're wars, ect... ect... If we unite, we must make HUGE changes.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There are those of us who will never live under any mode of governship than that of the "Constitution for the United States of America."

Hypothetically, the NAU would be a shadow government outside the Constitutional rights of the People.

This in my opinion could be a factor of potential civil seperation, the NAU composed of mostly immigrants or not permanent status workers, and corpo rat e finan ciers.

What else could incite a civil revolution, and be ligitimate political disaster?
In my opinion, we have found a candidate.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
There are those of us who will never live under any mode of governship than that of the "Constitution for the United States of America."

Amen!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
...And become the North American Union or whatever, doesn't that mean that we become a new nation, and the constitution and bill of rights of the USA no longer apply?

No, it doesn't mean that. We can't really tell what it would mean, without saying what it would be.

There is no 'plan' for an economic union ala the European Union, nor is there any plan for an abolition of the US, mexican, and canadian governments and replacement with a new government. I think you need to be more specific in order to be able to say what would happen.

When the original states entered into Union, they kept their governments, rights, consitutions, etc.

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Hypothetically, the NAU would be a shadow government outside the Constitutional rights of the People.

Or, it could be an inclusion of the states of mexico and canada into the government of the US Constitution, or it could be an abolution of state governments of the individual US states, and then the federal governments of mexico, the US, and Canada create a Federal government above them, but retain their national 'rights' (just like with the original states when they entered into the US federal government).

Realistically, all that anyone is actually suggesting is more intelligence sharing between the US, mexican, and canadian governments, and working torwards a legitimate freer market between those three regions, not an actual new government.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

When the original states entered into Union, they kept their governments, rights, consitutions, etc.

The Federal Govt. Trumps State Govt. Thanks largely to the FIRST Civil War, The FED has an enormous power over the State. This should be considered before running into a second civil uprising against the NAU.(not to say that an uprising isn't much needed.)

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Federal law should trump state law anyway. Besides, if people are opposed to an 'NAU', because its thought to trump the constitution, then that sfederal et up would alleviate those problems.

Essentially it'd be dissolving the federal governments of mexico and canada and having their states and provinces joining into the US federal government, just like US states. They'd have to be territories first I beleive, and meet certain requirements (similar in a sense to the economic requirements of EU entrance), and then vote on statehood, just like porto rico.

Considering that Porto Rico isn't interested in statehood, I doubt British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Chiapas, etc, would join.

Also, wtf do we do about "New Mexico"????

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Also, wtf do we do about "New Mexico"????

Rename it:

"Not so New Mexico".

top topics

join