It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many lives do we have?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A source I have claims that Christ lived nearly 1000 life times on earth before ascending.

I'm assuming that that soul did it faster than average.

They do not ascend at the same rate, depends on how much pain you can stand.

If you want to get out faster then prepare for the suffering.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
A source I have claims that Christ lived nearly 1000 life times on earth before ascending.

Very interesting post THENEO. Do you happen to have more information on this subject?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So you're saying Jesus didn't know of his past lives? I don't think I remember Jesus ever proclaiming he had been reincarnated, or give any specific numbers. Christian doctrine has you living one life, not multiple. If you mix religions into some weird combination, it winds up being even less accurate. My opinion, of course.

As for any ideas of reincarnation and suffering, I certainly have suffered, at least to the degree that is possible given my life circumstances. I have permanent, incurable, and painful arthritis and neuropathic nerve damage from an infection that never went completely away. I also was born with hypothyroidism that not only induces lethargy, but causes depression. If suffering is required, I certainly have gone through it. I don't buy into any of that though.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i've always thought i had a past life as a soldier during WW2, some woman in asia during the 1600's and before that was a roman soldier or commander..... so i do feel part of our soul is reincarnated many times.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The problem I have always had with considering reincarnation is that as time goes by, the population grows. So where do the extra souls come from? If they come from lower life forms, I feel sorry for any soul that is in an insects body waiting its turn to ascend, as there are trillions of insects, I imagine the wait would be eternal.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
The problem I have always had with considering reincarnation is that as time goes by, the population grows. So where do the extra souls come from? If they come from lower life forms, I feel sorry for any soul that is in an insects body waiting its turn to ascend, as there are trillions of insects, I imagine the wait would be eternal.
Quite true. You'd think the soul count would be finite. Reincarnation up a ladder from single celled organism, to multicellular animal, to cognitive human would require a hellishly long time to accomplish as well no matter what count of souls there would be. Whatever the case may be, reincarnation is too much to bother with. If life has some plan to educate a soul, why not just educate the soul in the afterlife environment instead of throwing it blindly into some scenario that has no point of reference? That would be by far the most effective manner of education.

In theory, if you apply the ideas of an inifite universe with some kind of infinite or forever afterlife, you could take that to mean that there are an infinite amount of souls, or perhaps some giant soul that can split into an infinite amount of parts if life necessitates it. Though as it is all incredibly wild speculation on something nobody has a clue about, this is as far as we can get. I need something more than speculation myself.

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
How many lives do we have?

One

Enough for me, enough for you.

Anything more is greedy, theres nothing you cant do if you put your mind to it.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
So where do the extra souls come from? If they come from lower life forms

Define lower life forms? What are lower life forms?
Tigers or Lions
Eagle or Falcon
Which one is lower life form?

Ok this is like the question which came first Chicken or chicken's egg?
Where did the first soul come from?
Which came first soul or body?
Why did it come

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Interesting you mentioned that as no Christ has ever lived during same duration as another, that im aware of but i could be wrong. I'm thinking more along the lines of Jesus and Allah etc the more well known Christs.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
??? How many Lives do we Have ???....

your question is part Science...part Religion...

do you view yourself as a 'independent soul'
or are you 'one cell, in the god being'
or more like a 'quantum fluctuation'

see these 2 urls for a journey-->

www.manyuniverses.com...

essenes.crosswinds.net...
~~~+++~~~

Q ?= have you ever had a moment when everything stood still, all the noise and action ceased, you felt like in a bubble...that could have been when your other self in an adjacent/parallell universe 'changed form' or died as it were, and some residual energy 'popped' your mind-soul into awareness!?
but thats just a pov i have....

after you have many,many of these 'pops' you finally become aware that infinite other 'selves' which are 'popping' or 'rapturing' out of their own life bodies,
are leaving you (in your single awareness body,-in this timeline) holding the bag! Or, you might realize, you are 'vampirizing' the other selves in the parallell universes...to continue your own futile struggle for 'immortality'

ASK a more specific question...
i'm busy scratching my head in bewilderment...
s/riffraff

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
How many lives do we have? As many as necessary. We get reincarnated into whowever or whatever God wants. It's all on Him. I hope not to have to come back ... but chances are I'll be stuck back here yet again ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join