It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many lives do we have?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
How many lives do we have? After you die your body wears down, is there another aspect of body we don't yet?

I have heard about people remembering stuff from their previous life and in Hinduism people live seven times or their souls change bodies seven times or somthing like that?

What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
About the Hindu's Do u mean that they believe they have 7 bodies, the Physical, Astral, and then another 5 bodies? I dont knwo what they all are. Woulnd't mind knowing though.

Some believe thye live 1000 times, others once, but yes people do have memories from past lives....so do they exist or do they not? I belive they do exist.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've found that I am just part of a much larger consciousness, like a facet of a jewel is just one facet of a multi-faceted unit. The larger consciousness puts extensions of its own consciousness into a number of bodies which exist on many worlds and in-between worlds at the same time. So the larger being, which is my true self, is living many lives at once.

Often you will read accounts where people are doing something and then suddenly find themselves in another reality speaking in a strange language to someone that they seem to know very well. Then they snap back into the earth reality and wonder what just happened. Or sometimes they may be aware of being in two or more places at the one time. This I believe is due to their greater self allowing the consciousness of its own different extensions merge temporarily so that one consciousness experiences different aspects of its own self that are living in alternate realities.

I think we live many lives this way and have long rests in between each one.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ill tell you what its was like for me to Be dead for 15 minutes it a documented case.........

When I drowned as a kid I remember poping out and floating above my body..when we arrived at the emergency room I noticed I could here all the thoughts of the doctors and nurses
I remember "weve lost him" and "Hes Gone"..Next I noticed a kind of a Black dot in space that followed me around the room..Some part of me recognised it and I flew by force of will into it..I found myself in a corridor
of light there was a sensation of speed and movement
I came to what seemed a fog or cloud like area but something in my mind told me to keep on going...I keep moving foreward for what seemed a while...then All at once ths fog was gone the way i describe it is like looking into nothingness except for a light so distant
it seemed like a far off star...as I aproached it grew
larger It was bright blue white it was like I was about to enter the sun when two swirling figures came forth from it on my left and right and stoped in front of me.Then I heard a voice say "What are you doing here"? I said "im going into the light" they said "Its not your time your not ready" then I saw myself a kind of superconcious state I was A little ball of light..They showed me Myself it was like looking literaly inside myself i was very odd and surprised me.. have you ever stood inbetween two mirrors ? reflections that seem to go on to infinity...Thats what i looked like ..but as I looked closer each "person" was different male female
some not even human...I thought "who are these people"? they answered "You" then i realized i knew all about each one of them ...awesome... then they showed me my whole life up untill i died ..everything I could see all my thoughts and actions as waves of energy like a pebble cast in a pond radiating out touching people id never met ...when I saw how I had hurt those I love ..I was filled with shame and sorrow..At that moment What I can only describe as a beam of light came out of this
huge ball of light and wraped around me ..as it did I felt Total peace it wiped away all the hurt.....They told me I had to go back "you have things to do"..the next thing i know im flying back down the tunnel of light right Smack into my body with the feeling like every inch of my body was stinging and sore .... Pain
I took me years to begin to feel normal again

Short answer seems Were infinite beings
Hope this Helps

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There is certainly no shortage of Beliefs having to do with Reincarnation or life after death. Like DaRage said, some believe you get One shot, some believe you go Again and Again forever, some believe you keep going until you finally reach some form of Enlightenment, and then some think you not only get One Shot only, but that once the body dies that's it, you're done, end of story.

Others take a more scientific view in that "Energy" is niether created nor destroyed but does change. So when comparing "Spirit or Soul" and "Energy" in these terms death of the body (vessel) is not the end of the Life Energy (Soul/Spirit). The exact nature of the "Energy" after the point of "Physical Death" isn't known for sure and sometimes not even a topic possible of debate when viewed in such Scientific ways. If it is discussed then it's open to the same various ideas as the paragraph above mentioned.

The most important thing, IMO anyway, is to pay attention and concentrate on THIS LIFE and in the NOW frame of Time more specifically. Life and Death are the reflections of each other that cannot exist without the other. This being true and impossible to avoid, Death should not be of such concern that it takes away from Life while Living. It's time will come eventually and definately so the important thing is to Experience Life to it's Fullest whenever possible no matter what you believe.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I honestly think I lived in another life in Egypt. I am drawn to everything Egyptian, my entire household is Egyptian pottery and paintings. Iam truly comfortable when Iam around these things. I wish I could know more about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
right and i mean with righteousness in mind...

other than that you can call it the 33rd degree of revolutions...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
Ill tell you what its was like for me to Be dead for 15 minutes it a documented case.........

When I drowned as a kid I remember poping out and floating above my body..when we arrived at the emergency room I noticed I could here all the thoughts of the doctors and nurses
I remember "weve lost him" and "Hes Gone"..Next I noticed a kind of a Black dot in space that followed me around the room..Some part of me recognised it and I flew by force of will into it..I found myself in a corridor
of light there was a sensation of speed and movement
I came to what seemed a fog or cloud like area but something in my mind told me to keep on going...I keep moving foreward for what seemed a while...then All at once ths fog was gone the way i describe it is like looking into nothingness except for a light so distant
it seemed like a far off star...as I aproached it grew
larger It was bright blue white it was like I was about to enter the sun when two swirling figures came forth from it on my left and right and stoped in front of me.Then I heard a voice say "What are you doing here"? I said "im going into the light" they said "Its not your time your not ready" then I saw myself a kind of superconcious state I was A little ball of light..They showed me Myself it was like looking literaly inside myself i was very odd and surprised me.. have you ever stood inbetween two mirrors ? reflections that seem to go on to infinity...Thats what i looked like ..but as I looked closer each "person" was different male female
some not even human...I thought "who are these people"? they answered "You" then i realized i knew all about each one of them ...awesome... then they showed me my whole life up untill i died ..everything I could see all my thoughts and actions as waves of energy like a pebble cast in a pond radiating out touching people id never met ...when I saw how I had hurt those I love ..I was filled with shame and sorrow..At that moment What I can only describe as a beam of light came out of this
huge ball of light and wraped around me ..as it did I felt Total peace it wiped away all the hurt.....They told me I had to go back "you have things to do"..the next thing i know im flying back down the tunnel of light right Smack into my body with the feeling like every inch of my body was stinging and sore .... Pain
I took me years to begin to feel normal again

Hope this Helps

Straterx, that was an awesome post, i really enjoyed reading that.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kiwifish
I honestly think I lived in another life in Egypt. I am drawn to everything Egyptian, my entire household is Egyptian pottery and paintings. Iam truly comfortable when Iam around these things. I wish I could know more about it.

Kiwifish, Thats cool. Yes i also believe i was someone important who lived in another life in Egypt once. Since i was about 7 or 8 i've been deeply drawn to it. I have this deep desire to travel there, like i 'need' to find or discover something that will enlighten my path in this life. I feel very comfortable with the idea of being around Egyptian things also.

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I agree..fascinating story and am glad you lived to tell it.

This is odd though..I've had visions/meditations that could eeerily be compared to everything you've stated
So..am wondering..pondering on this for a bit. Do we actually tap into death sometimes when we meditate? Or do we go into a deep meditative state prior to *actually* dying? The similarities are uncanny

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
right and i mean with righteousness in mind...

other than that you can call it the 33rd degree of revolutions...

To be honest, i don't plan on coming back i'd rather live the rest of eternity out on my own terms.

you commented, as many times as it takes to 'get it'

just curious though, i wonder what it is we're supposed to 'get' in order to truly get it? If and when we 'get it' then what?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yeah nice post StraterX.

I dont know why, but i've always had a really deep feeling that i was a German Nazi in another life. And i seriously HATE racists in this life. Maybe it's something i have learned in one life and got carried over to the next. That racism is bad, and that is why i hate racists/racism now.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Man, would I hate to be reincarnated. I don't know about anybody else, but this is my last trip through if spirituality or reincarnation has any truth to it. I don't care if it means I don't "evolve" to some higher form, or get stuck in some limbo, this is it. If I have a soul, it recognizes that this is a pointless exercise. Whatever the case may be, I'm going to make every attempt to stay dead.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Really? I dont know. Maybe i've come back again and again because i have wanted tog et as much experience in life as i could. And i felt that i didn't get enough experience in my previous life so i wanted to come backt o gain more experience, and experience more things, so i didn't stay dead, i jsut reincarnated and had another go at life.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I hope I'm, wrong,,but I say One life to live,,,and I don't watch daytime TV!!!

I think when we die were worm meat!!! I do hope i may be wrong,,but then again,,,,who wants to "live" forever!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
I hope I'm, wrong,,but I say One life to live,,,and I don't watch daytime TV!!!

I think when we die were worm meat!!! I do hope i may be wrong,,but then again,,,,who wants to "live" forever!!!
I wouldn't mind living forever. You can't do much when you're dead.

Reincarnation would be hell though, so I would prefer a singular permanent existance rather than that.

Though at the moment, I think that this is it. Nothing else, unfortunately, but I am agnostic so my opinion can change.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
About the Hindu's Do u mean that they believe they have 7 bodies, the Physical, Astral, and then another 5 bodies? I dont knwo what they all are. Woulnd't mind knowing though.

Yeah, I'm sorry I'm a Hindu, yet I don't know that.
I remember reading books, supposedly sacred books, that say that people can live more than one life.
Their sins and good deeds will be carried to next life and your position in society is determined by that and so on.

If that is true, what about your first life? How is that determined?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx

When I drowned as a kid I remember poping out and floating above my body..when we arrived at the emergency room I noticed I could here all the thoughts of the doctors and nurses...
Hope this Helps

That is really cool. I am not trying to sound like a non-believer but are you sure that wasn't a dream.
I have had many dreams about dieing and I felt that was really real.
After you drowned maybe your imaginative took control to keep your hopes up or something.
Maybe a paranormal book you read influenced you. That happens all the time.
My point is "Can we know for sure that happened?"

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think maybe I was japanese. I like many aspects of Japanese culture. Especially those paper walls. Too bad those wouldnt cut it here.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I think maybe I was japanese. I like many aspects of Japanese culture. Especially those paper walls. Too bad those wouldnt cut it here.

I like pretty much every culture and I have a great likeness for history, any type of history.
What am I?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join