It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these theories sound reasonable?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Do you believe in any of the following science theories?

1. Earth has multiple dimensions layer upon layer and a door way can be opened between them.

2. Strings are an essential part of an atom and all strings are interconnected to one another.

3. Particles (Strings) traveling at extremely high speed can create a door or gateway into another dimension.

4. There is a stress point on every square mile, if the stress limit exceeds a certain number, that place will cease to exit.

5. If a doorway was opened between dimension and the doorway was powerful enough and fluctuating extremely, one dimension can be sucked into another.

6. The result due to sucking would be two dimensions existing in one place.

7. If the two dimensions exit in one place and since the earth can take only a certain amount stress point, the two dimensions will combine to form a new dimension with the least of the two stress points in both dimensions.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't know how reasonable they are scientifically, but they seem to make sense to my simple mind, and I actually like them.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I dont know about 2 or 3.

I dont have much knowledge about strings.

But the others i dont agree with. Although i do believe anything is possible. So it could very well be possible ....but is beyond my comprehension in these matters ;P

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If you were to see this in a movie or in a science fiction book would you continue?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Most defineatly.
Good ideas.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, do you mean scientifically reasonable? Or reasonable as part of the plot in a sci-fi book or movie?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Well, do you mean scientifically reasonable? Or reasonable as part of the plot in a sci-fi book or movie?

Reasonable if you were to see it as part of plot in a science fiction book or movie.
Like the matrix, you can't prove it but people love it.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
As of my understanding of physics.

1. no

2. yes

3. no

4. no

5. no

6. sort of, higher dimensions are curled up and infinitely small. It's hard to explain, read up about superstrings and the geometries of higher dimensions.

7. no

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i dont really agree with any of those. what do i know though?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   

1. Earth has multiple dimensions layer upon layer and a door way can be opened between them.

Yes most definitely. Pulsed electro-magnetic energy is the key.

2. Strings are an essential part of an atom and all strings are interconnected to one another.

I think it's more of a chemical and frequency attraction than a string thing in many cases.

3. Particles (Strings) traveling at extremely high speed can create a door or gateway into another dimension.

Yes, when the particles of your body or craft have their vibrational frequency increased they move through a vortex stage where they remain intact but enter a new dimension of reality.

4. There is a stress point on every square mile, if the stress limit exceeds a certain number, that place will cease to exit.

Possibly the space would cease to exist in a certain moment in time, allowing us to cross the universe in an instant. But the next moment the space would reappear as the multidimensional universal energy balanced itself out again.

5. If a doorway was opened between dimension and the doorway was powerful enough and fluctuating extremely, one dimension can be sucked into another.

No, because the pressure is equal on both sides of the doorway. There may be a momentary suck or blow effect with some doorways into certain dimensions, but it would quickly balance out.

Text6. The result due to sucking would be two dimensions existing in one place.

No, because the magnetic field transforms and adjusts to the new space, and become part of the new space. Perhaps there would be ripples as this adjustment took place?

7. If the two dimensions exit in one place and since the earth can take only a certain amount stress point, the two dimensions will combine to form a new dimension with the least of the two stress points in both dimensions.

No, because there is a vortex effect which takes place between the dimensions so that each dimension is unique and stable. While in the vortex the elements adjust to suit the dimension they are entering, and so you could have parts of each dimension extending through vortexes into other dimensions, thereby making the different dimensions physically connected.

The phenomenon of gigantic spacecraft or ufo,s which are many miles in length is caused when normal sized objects have their space expanded by passing through vortexes. The same objects can be made microscopic in a similar way.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If some was to happen that would unbalance the vortex betweent the two wormholes and it was pretty quick once dimension can be possibly sucked into another, right?

Or maybe the two dimensions would combine to form entirely new one, is that possible?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There alright, but I don't agree with 2,3 and 4. The rest seem to be on par.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raptor
There alright, but I don't agree with 2,3 and 4. The rest seem to be on par.

Care to explain why?
I just used the name strings because it sounded scientific.

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I guess that on a universal scale the forces are so great that anything can happen, and if we really wanted to accomplish such a thing then maybe we could find a way?

Why would you merge the dimensions together? They are complete universes with life forms of their own.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec
I guess that on a universal scale the forces are so great that anything can happen, and if we really wanted to accomplish such a thing then maybe we could find a way?

Why would you merge the dimensions together? They are complete universes with life forms of their own.

I am thinking about writing a science fiction book, and story is based on multiple dimensions.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Very nice. I kind of see layers of paint, overlapping in some areas, and peeling back to reveal other layers.

As for being scientifically sound, why is any other theory more "sound" than others. Theoretically any possible combination of ideas can exist. It's all just theoretical because one person has not proven it fact....yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Very nice. I kind of see layers of paint, overlapping in some areas, and peeling back to reveal other layers.

As for being scientifically sound, why is any other theory more "sound" than others. Theoretically any possible combination of ideas can exist. It's all just theoretical because one person has not proven it fact....yet.

I accept when Einstein revealed his theories he was ridiculed for some time and then he was a genusis. Not that I can be Einstein or even 1/10^10000 part of him.

I am not sure I included this
"When one dimension gets sucked into another dimension they both create to form a new dimension with places from both the universe. Like the best of two worlds, but in this case best of two worlds with the lowest stress points"

Does that make any sense?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I don't see any reason why they wouldnt be feasible as part of a sci-fi story. Although the one stress point per square mile seems a little arbitrary.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
From what I understand about String Theory, those theories sound perfectly reasonable.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
But there is at least five different (working) equations explaning string theory that seems like there could be an infinite number of solutions?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join