It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette Smoking and Global Warming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
I for one think he likely spouted this nonsense because IMHO...Algore is a grease fire, on a train wreck, in the middle of a GW induced hurricane.

How mighty objective of you.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I for one think he likely spouted this nonsense because IMHO...Algore is a grease fire, on a train wreck, in the middle of a GW induced hurricane.

How mighty objective of you.

Just a bit of levity.

Like I said, I'll make a public apology to Mr. Gore right here if I cant find a transcript of the purported speech within thr next few days.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You can have my Marlboro when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Whether Gore really said this or not, logically it shouldn't be an issue. The industrial side of virtually any product you can think of likely causes more damage than all the smokers in the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
You can have my Marlboro when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Whether Gore really said this or not, logically it shouldn't be an issue. The industrial side of virtually any product you can think of likely causes more damage than all the smokers in the world.
Very true. I put into my body what i want when i want it as long as i dont hurt anyone else in the process.
How about alcohol??? If there's an outrage, it should be this. While it probably wouldnt contribute to global warming, (no more than cigarrette smoke) it kills innocent people, destroys families, etc.
When will the outrage on this start?
NEVER>

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well, I'm back to admit that I cannot find an official transcript of Gore's talk to the UN folks on 9/28, therefore, I retract my accustation that he said cigarette smoking is a significant contributor to global warming.

Disclaimer: I still firmly believe however, that Mr. Gore will say whatever it takes to push his politically driven global warming road show until it gets him whatever he's looking for, be it money, power, or both.

Dont get me wrong, GW is a real issue, not fully understood, but still, a real issue. My problem with Algore is it's just a tool for him. If he were really worried, he would prosyletize via the internet and TV instead of jetting all over the world.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well, I'm back to admit that I cannot find an official transcript of Gore's talk to the UN folks on 9/28, therefore, I retract my accustation that he said cigarette smoking is a significant contributor to global warming.

Nice to see an admission of honesty on occasion.

Thank you for providing that example.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
To quote one of my favorite fictional characters...
"To ignore the facts is illogical."

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

GORE: CIGARETTE SMOKING 'SIGNIFICANT' CONTRIBUTOR TO GLOBAL WARMING
Fri Sep 29 2006 09:04:05 ET

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore warned hundreds of U.N. diplomats and staff on Thursday evening about the perils of climate change, claiming: Cigarette smoking is a "significant contributor to global warming!"

Gore, who was introduced by Secretary-General Kofi Annan, said the world faces a "full-scale climate emergency that threatens the future of civilization on earth."

Developing...

This is a joke, seriously i would rather say that the millions and millions of cars polluting our environment daily is more of a cause than "cigarette smoking" pff ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeblack42
Look we all know cigarettes are bad for you and, well, that makes people that smoke them neglegent to their own health and therefore the health of others.

The science behind 'smoking is horrible for your health' is not nearly as comprehensive and damning as you may think.

www.journaloftheoretics.com...

Just to get you thinking...

I know this will offend people but, #1 I can say what I feel like sayin, and you should listen very carefully
Smoking kills, yeah, were gonna die anyway, but smoking helps it along, so those who smoke willingly take days off their lives.

Like eating fatty foods of driving too fast? Lets outlaw cars and fatty foods.

A pack a week has NEVER been shown to be a contributing factor in lung cancer and second hand smoke does no one any physical harm.

THIS IS STUPID. So people that smoke help out natural selection in picking off the stupid people in the world.

Actually environmental pollution ( industrial ) does as much if not far more harm than smoking and smoking is a personal choice. Natural selection seems to have done a pretty bad job of weeding out the one's who do not give us a choice about being poisoned.

Those that smoke are obviously helping global warming along, but at least the stupid people die.

Global warming is nonsense and so is this argument.

By the way if u smoke quit do it for well yourself, and if ur going to continue to smoke, kill yourself now, get it over with. Or just go suck on a tail pipe or a cow's ass that way you die while helping the enviornment.

I suggest you take whatever you normally do to calm yourself.
Hate is never a useful thing and i really suggest you focus on more positive things!

Stellar

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Al Gore has slipped a Cog. He's over the top now.

Leave my darned cigarrettes alone.

There are many many other things that have a priority on that list- instead of smokes!!!!!

Fool.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeblack42
By the way if u smoke quit do it for well yourself, and if ur going to continue to smoke, kill yourself now, get it over with. Or just go suck on a tail pipe or a cow's ass that way you die while helping the enviornment.

With your way of thinking, we're all going to die, so just kill yourself and get over it.

something positive about smoking, it's a quick stress reliever
nothing better than a good ciggy at tea break ^_^

<< 1  2   >>

join