It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judges and Lawyers in Saddam Trial Shot Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Details are very sketchy at the moment, but it appears that a judge and his lawyer son - both working on the Saddam Hussein trial - have been shot dead by a speeding car in Baghdad. ALSO, the brother-in-law of the Chief Judge in the case has been shot dead with his son as well.

FoxNews.com
Judge Barwez Mohammed Mahmoud and a relative were killed Tuesday in northern Baghdad's Azamyiah district, the official told The Associated Press early Wednesday on condition of anonymity.

Al-Arabiya, the Dubai-based satellite TV news network, also reported that the judge and a relative died in an attack. The judge's exact relationship to the other victim wasn't immediately known. The network said they lived in the same house in northern Baghdad (search), near the attack site.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Also

CNN.com
Kadhim Abdel Hussein, the brother-in-law of Judge Mohammad Orabi Majeed Al-Khalefa, was driving in Ghazaliya on Friday with his teenage son and another male when their car was intercepted by attackers who fired at them.

After the incident, the judge called police and told them that the dead man was his brother-in-law.

It was unclear whether Hussein was targeted because of his relationship to Al-Khalefa, who took over as chief judge of the trial last week, or if it was another of the sectarian attacks that have been plaguing Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It would now appear there there have been two separate killings of people involved in the Saddam Hussein Trials; one on Tuesday (Barwiz Mahmoud Marwani and his son), and one on Thursday (Kadhem Abdul Hussein and his son).
I am sorry for the initial confusion relating to the people involved.

Barwiz Mahmoud Marwani can also be spelt as Barwez Mohammed Mahmoud al-Merwani or Barwez Mohammed Mahmoud.

Ra’id Juhi, the 35-year-old chief investigative judge of the special tribunal was initially reported killed. This is false.

Barwiz Mahmoud Marwani was a judge on the special Iraq tribunal, as was his lawyer son, Aryan Barwez al-Merwani - as reported by Barwiz Marwani's other son, Kikawz Barwez Mohammed al-Merwani. Please forgive alternate spellings.

Kadhem Abdul Hussein turns out to be the new Chief Judge's sister's husband.

I hope everyone understands how I became slightly confused!!

Anyway, now I think I've got it right . . . these guys are getting knocked off like flies. Three people on the case not including the deaths here have been killed in the last 13 months.
I'm just waiting for the new Chief Judge to go now, if 'they' decide that he isn't fit for the position. The last one - who was the second Chief Judge, by the way - was ousted a very short time ago because he said that former President Hussein was not a dictator. Mohammad Oreibi al-Khalifa, the new Chief Judge, had better tread lightly and carefully.

Related News Links:
News.BBC.co.uk
MSNBC.MSN.com
News.BBC.co.uk
FirstCoastNews.com

[edit on 29/9/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just a guess but I think Hussein had many loyal hit men that are not on his payrole anymore and are enraged or could be typ. thugs that liked him. Too much coincidence to be random I think? Your right the new Judge better watch the hell out, he is going to need the same protection as top leaders receive.
I whish they would just put a glass of gas down Hussein's mouth and light it and be done with him. (do on to others...........................) you know the rest.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Barwiz Mahmoud Marwani was a judge on the special Iraq tribunal, as was his lawyer son, Aryan Barwez al-Merwani - as reported by Barwiz Marwani's other son, Kikawz Barwez Mohammed al-Merwani.

Good lord! How does anyone in that family keep the names straight?

"Barwez!"
"Yeah, mumz?"
"No, not you, Barwez, I mean Marwani. Marwani!"
"Yes, dear?"
"No, not you, I mean Barwez. Barwez al-Merwani!"
"Wotcha?"
"No, dammit, the other Barwez-Merwani!"
"Yargh?"
"What is this thing I found in your room?"
"S'not mine, it's Barwez's!"
"Barwez!"
"What!?"
"Argh!!!"

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Doesn't cooperate in a courtroom.... His buddies will kill your relatives....

kind of a tough guy to put on trial huh

new topics

top topics

join