It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The US Armed Forces Heading toward Mutiny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Washington/London: United States President George W. Bush suffered a serious rebuke of his wartime leadership on Monday when his Army Chief said he did not have enough money to fight the war in Iraq.

General Peter Schoomaker, exposed concerns within the U.S. military about the strain of the war on Iraq, and growing tensions between uniformed personnel and Pentagon chief Donald Rumsfeld.

The criticism comes amid an unprecedented show of defiance from Gen Schoomaker. "It's quite a debacle,'' said Loren Thompson, a military analyst at the Lexington Institute thinktank. "Virtually everyone in the army feels as though their needs have been shortchanged.''

Gen Schoomaker's defiance gives a voice to growing concern within the military about the costs of America's wars, and the long-term strain of carrying out operations around the world.

© Guardian Newspapers Limited 2006

So where is the war heading? None of the objectives have been met so far, which are:

> Spread of 'Democracy' in the Middle East.
> Bringing the whole Middle East within the American sphere of influence.
> Regime change to install a pliable government.
> Gain monoply on Middle East oil starting with Iraq. This would have two objectives, ie., having access to and stockling strategic oil reserves, and in the process helping American oil companies.

But so far, none of these objectives have come to fruition. And the situation is getting worse by the day.

> Terrorism has gained strong roots in Iraq and speading to other parts of the World.
> Iraq has descended into civil war and the Sunni - Shia divide has reached alarming proportions.
> Security Forces are no more fully in control of the situation.
> American troops are now starting to get pschologically affected which may have long term consequences.
> The fatigue factor in troops has set in, affecting their operational effectiveness. So more troops are being pumped in. The vicious cycle cycle will continue probably till the situation becomes untenable militarily as well as economically. What then?

$80 billion of tax payers money this year for prosecuting the war in Iraq. But Humvees don't even have spare tyres!! Where did the money go?

And then there's Afghanistan........and Iran....and Syria.....and North Korea..Damn! The list seems endless.

More..

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Unfortunately we dont even have to invade any of these countries,they arnt a threat to us.Just a bunch of buisness ventures really.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If the US attacks Iran with airstrike, IMO, they'll do it even if everybody say it won't work, IMO, the Iran president will not be killed and Iran will not be in submission, then Bush will ask the army to get there? I don't think the army will be for it. I think that if the airstrikes against Iran doesn't work, a big terrorist attack will happen in the US, then, he could institute the draft and go invade Iran.

If he do so, I hope the US army revolt and put this corrupt government in jail.

Also, the situation in Afghanistan is near as bad as it is in Iraq. (for the population)

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Probably not. When the water gets hot enough, the frog usually either jumps out of the pot, or dies boiling in its illusion of a comfy warm bath. Turning over the entire pot, for the blood to spill, is unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Are The US Armed Forces Heading toward Mutiny? NO.
No coup either. I know it's a fantasy of all the euro-centric anti-americans out there (I'm not pointing my fingers at anyone here) .. but no, it isn't happening now and it's unlikely to happen in the near future.

Growing tensions with Rummy does not equate to a coup or mutiny. In a democracy it means that the President will get pressure from his commanders in the field and from American people when they see Rummy fail at his job and that's when Rummy will be replaced. "Fired"

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Flyer whats all this crap about anti Americanism, if somebody is critical of you it does not mean their against you. All or any of our actions even on an individual level can be open to criticism, I dont think that it should be construded as being against anything. Sometimes people make statements that are based on misconseptions or ignorance but when one comes across such people they should be enlightened to their opinions of others.

Getting back on thread, there's nothing new in military leaders complaining about needing more money, supplies or men, it happens in every war.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am not worried about a military coup of any kind from our armed forces, but more about bankrupting America. The financial strain is getting worse, budgets are being cut back in health care and education to continue the war. Just last May of 06 we raised our debt cieling to allow more spending and nearly avoided missing payment on our intrest. The fall out if we reached our debt ceiling and not being able to pay our debts would be horindous. The war is expected according to the Pentagon to last decades.. how long can we keep the strain?

top topics

join