It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Offline During Colorado High School Hostage Situation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that today's hostage drama at a Colorado High School was the reason I couldn't log on to ATS throughout the hostage event, roughly from 12 noon to 4pm PST today.

I can see how a site like this might be blocked during an event like that, and I'm curious if that was really the cause, or if my paranoia meter just went on the fritz again.

BAILEY, Colo. - A middle-aged gunman walked into the high school in this mountain town Wednesday, fired at least two shots and took six people hostage before the situation ended with his death, authorities said.

Lance Clem, spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety, said the gunman was dead, but had no immediate details on his death. He also did not know the condition of two young girls who were being held hostage after the other hostages were released from Platte Canyon High School, but a Denver hospital confirmed that it was treating someone in critical condition from the scene.

link

The last update I heard stated the individual in critical condition was one of the two young female hostages, reportedly shot by the gunman before he either shot himself or was killed by police. My prayers are with the young lady and her family.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
According to the powers that be...here is the real reason.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Beezer

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yep. You're paranoia meter is broken

See here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

join