It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An explanation for creepiness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Those clever people over at Nature have reported an interesting case of electrical stimulation of the brain leading to pretty creepy sensations, like having things taken out of your hands and being hugged by shadowy creatures.

creepy

Might explain some alien abductions, maybe?

TD

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Cool find

I wonder if they can prove anything.

And if they do, i can see all the conspiracies forming, um. Don't ask

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Might explain some alien abductions, maybe?

TD

I just saw something like this on the History channel last night. They covered regressive hypnosis and other ways to try and bring out the truth of abdutees and then they interviewed a man who told of similar abduction incidents and come to find out they had “Stimulated” his temporal lobe and made his brain conjure up these thoughts and so called memories. Whoa!

Is it me or does it seem a little odd that scientists are just now realizing something like that?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hello Lions and Tigers - oh my!

I surprised people know as much about the brain as they do, because frankly it is just too damn complicated.

everything you wanted to know about the brain but were afraid to ask

That's what you get for 'upgrading' over a few hundred million years of evolution - a complex, bulky and needlessly complicated organ without an instruction manual. Give me an iMac any day.

TD

PS Birmingham England or Birmingham Alabama, btw?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaupeDragon
Hello Lions and Tigers - oh my!

I surprised people know as much about the brain as they do, because frankly it is just too damn complicated.

everything you wanted to know about the brain but were afraid to ask

That's what you get for 'upgrading' over a few hundred million years of evolution - a complex, bulky and needlessly complicated organ without an instruction manual. Give me an iMac any day.

TD

Lions and Tigers and bears...oh my!

Yeah, I know what you mean but I meant only the part about stimulating the temporal lobe to simulate thought processes and non existent memories. Thats supah freaky!

Reminds me of a movie called "Brainstorm" where they stimulated the brain into having all kinds of trips.

...which answer gets me the door luv?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hello LandT!

Yes, you're right...it *is* rather freaky. I get 'night terrors' rarely, for want of a better word..it often manifests as semi-waking up and perceiving the wardrobe as a person looming over the bed, or the overhead light as a spider or big camera. I'm guessing it's something to do with my brain 'getting up to speed'!
After the initial 5 secs of intense terror, it's quite amusing to work out what the hell is going on!

Here's another cool link to spooky brain experiences, up to and including out of body experiences.....

worth the read if you have three hours and a dictionary

I used to live in Birmingham, England a *long* time ago.....I remember when I moved to North America is always freaked me out that there was another city called Birmingham!

Regards

TD

top topics

join