It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran builds plasma engine for space programme

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Iranian engineering once again prooves to be one of the best in the world. i'll let the article do the talking.

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran has developed a plasma-thrusting engine to help guide satellites as part of its nascent space programme.

"Iranian experts were able to build a satellite guiding system in space called a plasma thruster. This system is able to enhance the satellite's maneuvering and its carrying capabilities," state television said Tuesday, quoting the defense ministry.

"The system can also guide the satellite in orbit after launch."

Plasma-thrusting is one method that can be used to propell a spacecraft while in orbit.

The report did not elaborate further and did not say whether the system will be used to guide an Iranian Russian-made satellite put into orbit by a Russian rocket in October 2005.

That satellite, called Sina-1, was Iran's first and so far only probe to be launched into space and was described by the Iranian press at the time as being for research and telecommunications purposes.

Iran has said it is planning the construction and launch of several more satellites over the next three years.

Tehran has also been making continued progress in ballistics, a source of concern in the West along with the country's nuclear programme.

news.yahoo.com...

mod edit: Added external quote tags
Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 27-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wont make any decisions on whether I believe this or not.

I mean of course it's possible.

Though it concerns me that the Iranian government has access to
plasma anything.

If it's true, it will be a big embareesment to the United States,
since for whatever reason, we choose not to build plasma
engines/thristers.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Go Iran!

No doubt there will be those who will make remarks based on the media spoon-fed assumption that Iran is incapable of anything near 'we great western nations' in terms of scientific and technological research. Iran should be a beacon of sci-tech research and a guide in the inherant responsibilities that such developments carry (ie: nuclear research) to the rest of the Islamic world.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Panasonic has the best plasma tv's period. Iran may have developed something, but they have yet to put a satellite up to prove any doubters.

The first person of Persian ancestary to go into space was an American woman tourist.

Ohhh and boycott UPC code 627! since you like to boycott upc codes too.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They built this engine to power their recently designed space craft to their stargate. They are the only ones who have this technology and they're keeping it to themselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Did you hear? Iran also invented the sun. Also, they discovered a dozen new planets and are in the process of colonizing them. They invented water, too.

Oh, and they invented magic last month, too.

A lot of the so called news reports are blown more out of proportion than Bush's monkeylike traits. Mehran has claimed that Iran cured AIDs, bought magic super radar (they bought three trucks from the Russians), and invented every missile under the sun.

Personally, I think they might have blueprints, but I don't believe they have a working model.

DE

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Mehran's posts are always huge fun, I always look forward to them.

Sad thing is, 30 years of "Death to America" chant rallys will bring some bad Karma down on the Persians.

Question is, what will the Israeli's have to lose by nuking them?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Most of the replies to this thread are simply a waste of bandwidth. Either disprove the claims, or at least stay on topic.

The childish and sarcastic comments prove nothing and waste space.

Anyway, these plasma engines sound great - If i knew what one was!

Can any military buffs tell me the significance and purpose behind these "Plasma engines"?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaaa

Question is, what will the Israeli's have to lose by nuking them?

hopefully a couple of nukes going off in their capital teliv

seriously though (nothing personal mehren) you post topics and let people gun you down and you say nothing, all your links are from sources that arent that credible or dont have that much info

and your topics are magnits for trigger happy americans or some other war nut from a diffrent country which will just post some random BS

(that was only directed at people that jump into topics and sput bomb iran back to the stone age and so forth not the ones that actuily post something constructive that puts and doesnt put Iran down)

all i have to say is good luck

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I thought nasa uses plasma engines on their spacecrafts. I read it somewhere before or I think I learn this in my science class a decade ago. I don't remember because it was a long time ago, but I know for sure that they use this type of technology.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You have voted DeusEx for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Thank you for that post, it pretty much sums up these posts rather well I think. Loved that sun and planets bit, simply brilliant.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Is there anything in the article mehran post untrue?

Apart from some commentating provided be himself, nothing in the heading title is false

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Did you hear? Iran also invented the sun. Also, they discovered a dozen new planets and are in the process of colonizing them. They invented water, too.

Nice mature response.
Mehran posting his side of a story.. yet all you chose to do is RIDICULE the country rather than focus on the story at hand.

Good for them. Scientific research is a measure of a countries place in this world.
Its a pitty America focuses more on killing and destruction, then on inventing clean and prosperous ways of energy.

Irans in a great position to research.. the oil they have means they will recieve endless funds for anything they want pretty much.
If they can utilise this technology to get to space, maybe NASA could learn from it..

Why cant we have all the worlds space agencies gather, compare technology and together construct a means to use the best technology in the world to further our civilisation..

Instead.. we choose to b1tch and moan about other countries.. instead of realising our potential as HUMANS!

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
#.... their rocket engine technology has surpassed that of the US, Russia, China, and EU's.....

Iran is the world's sole superpower now....go Iran~

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
I thought nasa uses plasma engines on their spacecrafts. I read it somewhere before or I think I learn this in my science class a decade ago. I don't remember because it was a long time ago, but I know for sure that they use this type of technology.

They have, plasma engine technology is 30 years old, hardly cutting edge. Rocket engines still provide orders of magnitude more thrust than a plasma engine which relies on a constant small thrust to build up speed. It would hvae a very limited utility for an earth orbitting satellite.
NAS has used them for deep sapce missions, where they can accumalte speed over moths and even years.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Plasma engines are dated and old news and lets face it theres a 95% chance the Russian rocket to send it up will explode on launch anyways.
Even if it doesnt Do you really think and Iranian built satelite could work for any length of time. I give it it 2 weeks maximum before it crashes into the atmosphere and blows up due to being badly made rubbish.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Plasma engines are dated and old news and lets face it theres a 95% chance the Russian rocket to send it up will explode on launch anyways.
Even if it doesnt Do you really think and Iranian built satelite could work for any length of time. I give it it 2 weeks maximum before it crashes into the atmosphere and blows up due to being badly made rubbish.

under what past events to you criticise irans ability that there products will crash and burn within weeks?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator

LMAO, for some reason I found that really funny

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Shamanator
I suggest that you stop spouting that rubbish... Nasa can't even supply the ISS without Russian assistance. So untill you have a real working spacelift system, that can be flown in under 6 month intervals, you stop flaming others about poor spacecraft design..

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
its so sad that certain postes are complete fools and actually have very little knowledge about anything.

plasma engines were first used in around 1963 by the russians for , and later by Nasa - so for the major space agencies they are nothing new , BUT for emerging countries they are new (anyway plasma drives are the suggestd method for missions to mars)

the shuttle has used tested it before

[edit on 27/9/06 by Harlequin]

<<   2 >>

join