It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Am Elected President...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
But what's this? No more new ideas for issues in 4 days? C'mon people, I'm trying to run a "campaign" here!

If you were to permit Non Americans to take part in this thread you might get more responses. If you permit me to take part I will ask you a question or questions.
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Since the "campaign" is more of a joke but the issues are taken seriously, I'm looking more for getting the issues than how much I'm looking for valid US voters...Fire away, xpert.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ok heres my question.
what would your administrations response be to a convental war launched by a foreign power (read China and or Indonesia ) against the Oceania region ?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
For one thing, if it ain't part of the USA, I got no truck with it. For another example, the Middle East has been butchering each other for over 2,000 years...What makes politicians think that that "the spread of Democracy" is going to make any difference (other than make it worse)? Besides, America is going to be a big enough handful as it is before I can pay much more than needed attention to the rest of the world.
But if it comes down to a nuclear war of some kind...Any nation that uses nukes on any other nation does represent a valid threat to the US. I would try diplomacy first (with a professional diplomat...I'm too forthright to speak on my own to a national leader/ruler).

Unlike one of our previous Presidents, I was in the US military...I have some idea of what our military is like & what it's capable of. I can promise that anyone who tries to use nukes enough to even lay waste to large tracts of land is going to regret it: Even if another nation merely "tests" nukes & destroys a lot of land, that's a threat to world ecology, therefore it's also a threat to the USA. It doesn't have to be use of "nukes" that would get my attention; Widespread use of chemical or biological agents would also be treated as nukes, as far as effecting the world ecology goes.

On a related note, I already gave my opinion in paragraph 3 (first post) about the effects of industrial pollution on the ecology...

[edit on 16-10-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
MidnightDStroyer you didnt answer the question your a politican in the making all right.
But Im going to assume from your first sentence of your reply that the answer is no. The USA is able to defend itself on its own soil well enough if America came under attack I doubt that the American military would need a small amount of assitance from half a world away.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
MidnightDStroyer you didnt answer the question your a politican in the making all right.

Good assumption; My first sentence was the answer.

But I never said that the US wouldn't have some kind of presence set up around the world...That's what the CIA was made for. Intelligence & Counter-Intelligence is their job & that's how the US will be able to keep up with the world-wide political scene.
However, the CIA has been involved with creating some of the "terrorist problem" in the past (After all, they're the ones who trained Osama bin Laden in such tactics, you know...). It won't be that way any more; They'll be restricted to perform Intel/Con-Intel, but they'll need "safe facilities" with trained combat personnel for protection & equipped with the technology to perform the job.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ok I have another question. Good call concerning the CIA by the way.
what measures would your admin take to improve the Intel/counter Intel abilities ?
Currently IMO the CIA couldnt find a meat pie in a bakery.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Everything I've written so far has involved a completely new "makeover" for the whole government to get it back in line with the Constitution; Same with the CIA. Once the Corporates have been nationalized & the government more streamlined, we'll be able to put technology to use. This will undoubtedly involve some policy changes & new training for pretty much everybody, but the overall effect would be to increase efficiency overall...Including the CIA.

Part of the "streamlining" will of course be to increase efficiency in the needed Federal Agencies, but a lot of others are either too wasteful or serve no real public need & will be disbanded. I'd have to make such judgement on a case-by-case basis once in Office because that's the only way I'll get the real info about all of the Agencies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join