It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with Jessica Lynch, PLEASE!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I can see it all now,

enter soft focus weepy preview on oxygen...

Jessica lynch part I
"a touching story of one woman's struggle against the forces of iraq..."

Jessica lynch part II

"a touching story of one woman's struggle against the evil white male oppressors in the pentegon."

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have decided that I am in the wrong line of work due to this whole thing. Obviously being a TV movie producer you get to work on all the current events and try and get your movie out before the other networks. I am thinking there are lots of bonuses in regards to that. Wonder if the Gov is funding the making of this movie to keep our minds off the truth of what is going on?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Later, some Iraqi weasel looking for a one-way trip to the good ole USA snitches on her whereabouts, and the snake-eaters come flying in to save her. Despite minor token resistance (small number of fleeing Iraqi soldiers firing at the US SOF dudes), PFC Lynch gets rescued and all is well.

I don't know if this has been covered up from you Americans, but it's pretty common knowledge around the rest of the world that an Iraqi Doctor attempted to give her back to American forces a number of days before the 'rescue'. However, he was fired on by US Forces before reaching the checkpoint, so turned back.

A documentary was shown on UK a while back using the US Forces video footage. It showed the entire operation, from the initial assualt, to Lynch being removed from the Hospital. Not one shot was fired from an Iraqi as there were no Iraqi troops in the vicinty of the Hospital.

It was comedic witnessing the US troops putting on such a totally unneccesary Rambo show of force. One day maybe your army will learn that subtlety succeeds far better than brute force in such situations, especially when you're videotaping it and don't want to look like a complete bunch of morons afterwards.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
that I'm not the only one who believes she is being used to draw American support. Why not talk to the other hostages from her group?

... oh, wait... they weren't young blonde haired-blue eyed girls from America's heartland, were they?

I suppose now, after posting this, I'll have Heartland Security knocking on my door...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is anyone gonna watch it tonight?

I certainly am. I'm curious about how dramatized they decided to make it, compared to the actual facts. I saw the trailer the last time I went to the movies, and I would have to say, it does look pretty interesting, considering it has something to do with today's current events. It also has some actual crips from the war, like the explosions in Baghdad and the IR cameras of Lynch being rescued.

However, why aren't they making a movie about the other POWS? Don't forget about that other female POW, Shoshana Johnson. She was one of the first POWs, and she probably endured worse treatment than Lynch, so why doesn't she get any recognition?

The real heroes, I would have to say, are the soldiers that rescued her. If you saw Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, or any of those POW movies, you can see how difficult and terrifying it can be just to rescue one person. On the battle field, the one thing that you learn to do is to never leave your fallen comrades behind.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Jessica Lynch was nothing more than a ploy used by the military to win acceptance for the war in Iraq.

Now she's cashing in on it.

Money does wonderful things to people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join