It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Noticed Somthing....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I was reading one of the books bodrul recomended for learning about islam Here , i was reading through one and saw this quote from the Qur'an about the creation of the universe..

Have Not Those Who disbelieved known that the heavens and the earth were one connected entity ,Then we separated them...(Qur'an 21:30)

Anyone notice this..

Then WE seperated them....

We?....isnt there only one holy allah in islam ?...so why in a direct quote from the qur'an does it say "We" (more than one god) Separated the heavens and the earth??

Iam i making sense here , or being incredibly stupid?

[edit on 24-9-2006 by Faint]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense to me and you aren't being incredibly stupid. This is why the government and media always say the fight is with "Radical Islam", which is a label describing an Islam that takes portions of their own words and twists them into something else as a reason they are commanded to fight. All the radicals quote there is only one Allah and yet there is evidence that Allah refers to hisself as more than one.

This is no different than Jewish theology and also Christianity, which has the same notion of "one God", when in fact Genesis has a strikingly similar account of God referring to hisself as more than one. The origins are one in the same at that point.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faint

We?....isnt there only one holy allah in islam ?...so why in a direct quote from the qur'an does it say "We" (more than one god) Separated the heavens and the earth??

Iam i making sense here , or being incredibly stupid?
[edit on 24-9-2006 by Faint]

It is often used, it's like the Royal Us, a muslim would not find that strange..

new topics

join