It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Culture frustrates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I know this topic bothers a lot of people, and usually I just shrug and go on with my life. But I just need to get this out of my system.

Sometimes I just don't understand ATS post/reply culture.
For example, earlier this week I posted a thread about a possible health crisis, with outbreaks of a drug resistant TB. When I posted I was well aware that Skunk Works is not the most popular of forums, thus didn't expect a million replies. But at this point there's been 14 views and 0 replies. Now compare that to threads like Diana was a Vampire (30 replies, 978 views), Is GW Bush watching you on your PC (18 replies, 414 views), The Lion People Race is a reality (286 replies, 21023 views), and so on. The difference is that my thread actually contains hard facts compared to some pretty wild theories with little to no facts.

So if you want a "hit thread" you need to make some outlandish claims with no proof of your claims? I don't want a "hit thread" or a "hot thread". I just hate being ignored - especially if there is something worth discussing. Or maybe I should start a thread about racist Americans that are actually reptilians that pose as Catholic priests to molest boys?

That would get a discussion going.

It just frustrates me. And it's a deterrent. When you post something you feel worth the effort, and nobody replies (or even care to look at?), then you may think twice before you start a thread next time. If no one is going to reply, why even bother?

Sigh.

Yeah. Sometimes I just don't get the ATS culture. Sadly that doesn't stop me from spending hours here, every day.

OK. I'm good to continue.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Gemwolf, you've had threads and posts that were extremely well received, and apparently now others that have slipped through. Its going to happen sometimes, and its similiar to whats wrong with the media in general. Flashy Headlines and exciting stories are more read and viewed than sober analysis of critical issues..

Indeed, it is frustrating.

Anyway, maybe the Lion People created TB as a way to assasinate Princess Diana, the vampire queen, mother of George Bush.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh god, I know what you mean. I've posts so many threads that I'd just love to discuss indepth with some people but they just die because they aren't about the death and fall of civilization as we know it. Apocaphilia is truely a strange condition.

join