It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China fires a New ICBM !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
According to this site china has recently test fired an ICBM capable of hitting most of the major west coast cities with accuracy.......

Clearly, 2006 will be known as the "summer of missiles." China recently joined North Korea and Hezbollah in the parade of ballistic bombers by shooting off a newly developed Dong Feng 31 (DF-31).

The DF-31 is capable of reaching the U.S., delivering either a single three-megaton H-bomb or three 90-kiloton nuclear warheads with precision accuracy on U.S. targets. The primary targets in America are the West Coast cities of Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.

WOW, all those stolen military secrets seem to be paying off, we should cut our economic ties to China for this disturbing military build-up, but that would probably hurt our economy worse than theirs.

www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
All ive got to say is holy sh**!

good find. definatly something to pay attention to. we need to look at the motivations of china.

Digitalgrl

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
They finally have a NEW missile capable of hitting the U.S. west coast? Evening out the playingfield I suppose. Last I checked, the United States has military bases, air bases, warships SURROUNDING China.

Hm... Something we DEFINATELY have to pay attention to and look at what the United State's motivation is, wouldn't you agree?

Especially after invading an oil-rich nation in the Mid East because of "WMDs," it's a scary thought being Chinese and knowing that the United States has the ability to drop a bomb from airbases in East Asia on any Chinese city within an hour.

Sigh...
When will you guys stop being so hypocritical and look at what your OWN country is doing to others before you JUMP on the "lets bash China" bandwagon.

Oh BTW, last I checked, the Untied States ALONE accounts for HALF of the world's military budget. NOW THAT is disturbing.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well...one new ICBM..harldy anything I would lose sleep over... The way the missile defense system is going, We would be able to defend against a limited ballistic missile attack from China or North Korea. China doesnt have near the arsenal the russians had. Still...they are a significant millitary power. I think they had what...90 missiles that could hit the US?

Id rather 90 incoming ICBMS than 2,500 ICBMS (with greater range)....

of course I would prefer 0.....

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Everybody ignores our own nuclear and military capabilities and only pays attention to what China can do. What exactly has China done to be completely feared by people in this country? Oh, wow, scary, they JUST NOW develop something that can ACCURATELY hit our WEST COAST. Oh yeah, really scary. Call me an ignorant American if you please, but look at the reality. We surround them. We have military bases all over the place over there. We have nuclear subs over there. Our ICBM's can hit their major cities too. All of that, and they can't even take out a third of our country. They would get completely destroyed if they ever attacked us.

I realize that China is an up and coming "super power", but as of right now, that's all they are..up and coming. We are the world's super power. That's the bottom line.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Very true, there is no need to try to scare people , its life as usual. Same for the report published , its only trying to scare people; thats whats media is good in.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

we should cut our economic ties to China for this

What?, so China is not allowed to develop more advanced and powerful weapons because they may potentially be used against the US?

And if they do you think that by cutting economic ties with them would solve it?

Hypocrite?!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo

we should cut our economic ties to China for this

What?, so China is not allowed to develop more advanced and powerful weapons because they may potentially be used against the US?

And if they do you think that by cutting economic ties with them would solve it?

Hypocrite?!

They have the right because..after all..we do it.

But, I still say we are still more powerful than them. There's no proof that they are more powerful. On paper, we have a stronger military..and that's not counting our secret weapons, planes, and whatever scary thing we have that us civilians never thought was possible to make (i'm sure they have something)

If you don't think our secret program is stronger..there's a reason there is a 490 billion dollar difference in military spending between us and china

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Big deal.....it's only the west coast.......god forbid something would happen to them.

top topics

join