It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jericho

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Jericho

Anyone else catch this show last night?
It reminded me of Titor's future where all the American cities have been nuked.

Looks lie this show will be a hit for CBS.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I enjoyed the show, but was dissapointed with CBS's presentation of it. It seemed like the show only filled a little more than half an hour, there were far too many commercial breaks, and they were far too long. I don't think that I will watch the show as its broadcast again, but rather record it and skip the commercials. Far better was, for example, the premier of that show 'Smith', which only had occasional interuptions that consisted of a single commerical for some new movie. I fast forwarded past them, but its possible that some people might just watch them, since they are interesting and so short anyway. It also provided for much more of a show to be presented, made it seem like it was a big event, and thus a really good show. They definitly should premier any show like that. Perhaps they didn't with this one becuase there wasn't much to it.

There really was just too little in the show to comment on it much, but what was there was pretty good. The score was pretty poor though.
I like the character Jake's Father, if perhaps only because he was on Deadwood this past season and played a damned good villian.

Possible spoilers:

The tension being set up between the Dad, who is the incumbent mayor, and his opponent for mayor, looks like it could get interesting. I also like the twist of having a busload of escaped convicts running around at the same time. The St. Louis cop character seems like he should be the mayor though!

I didn't like how, when you listen to that kid's answering machine message from his mom, that they see the mushroom cloud, and you hear them being killed by the explosion, at least, I didn't like it insofar as I expect that that'd never happen, the EMP from the explosion should knock out the machine before there is a mushroom cloud, and long long before the explosion hits them. But, it was a good dramatic moment, so who cares. I mean, none of the cars that were on the road should be running either, from the EMP, as far as I undestand it, but why be a sticklery. I'm curious to see how they will surive the fallout. The show is a remake of an older series called jericho, but I am not familiar with that show, so its all new to me. I think that the kid on the roof top crying over the mushroom cloud is unrealistic, that might be more appropriate in the old show, when people were doing 'nuke cover' drills in schools and the like, but today, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The St. Louis cop character seems like he should be the mayor though!

What is up with that guy?
I think there must some element to this show that they haven't revealed yet.

I have to agreee about some of the parts being unrealistic. I think the kids on the bus would of been freaking out way more than they were.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I liked it a lot and looking forward to more episodes... but like a poster mentioned already.. how will they handle fallout? Nuclear winter? And will it take a "Red Dawn" turn later in the series..like an invasion from enemy nations? Only time will tell...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think that the focus of the show is going ot be on the town and the local community and how they learn to put aside their differences and the baser human instincts in order to get along and weather the storm.

Silly unrealistic message (but its tv, who cares), but it should be fun to watch.

The St. Louis cop does seem to know a little bit too much, unless they are trying to say that these peopel are real smalltown yocals, who don't even think to put up emergency lights (we're a town of good people, we're not going to riot because of a power outage).

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
We were speculating last night that he could be one of the escaped inmates... no one knows him.. he's crafty... ya never know

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Could be.
I think they are going to give him some weird twist that is going to change the feel of this show.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ohhh, I like that, like he's escaped, but is trying to reform himself now that the world has ended, etc. That'd be neat.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I like that twist! And then he could run for mayor and bring corruption into government! Oh wait, been done before...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Him being one of the prisoners would fit with him telling the sheriff to spray paint the town’s name from his car.
Hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The first show was aired last night in Australia and I assume the major Cities of the US have been wiped out by nuclear strikes,well two we know of for sure.

I cant help but feel the most shocking events have happened and the show will nestle into the personal drama`s of the people of Jericho turning it into a soapie,i can hardly contain my myself at which girl will end up with Jake,the deaf girl maybe? or his ex?,sticks fingers down throat.

Oh and i did`nt like the Mayor`s chacacter one bit,same old speech`s as if he is the only voice of reason that people would be lost without him."Now ya all go home now and get some sleep and don`t disappoint me"the crowd slowly disperses kicking the dirt like naughty school children "Yes daddy Mayor".

I hope there`s something worth watching on another channel next week.Shame really because i was hoping for something more griping and realistic.They could have done at least five shows just on the build up to the nuke strikes imo.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

They could have done at least five shows just on the build up to the nuke strikes imo.

I think that they handled it relatively well. What you suggest would've been interesting, but the problem is, the series is a remake, it wouldn't be surprising to anyone, after a few weeks worth of 'water cooler' chat, everyone would know whats comming.
At least this way, it could've surprised some people. It starts off as if its going to be about the Jake kid and his family, his ex, etc, a typical sort of drama series. Then, MUSHROOM CLOUDS ON THE HORIZON!

Its interesting how the lead up to it doesn't indicate what precisely is going on. When the original series came out, the soviet's'd be the ones nuking the american cities, and the american counter response would've nuked the soviets, and the whole world'd be dead. This time, we don't really know whats going on. The russians would be an unreasonable enemy, and the terrorists can't have multiple nukes. Maybe two, but not hundreds.

I like how they floated that it might've been an accident at first.

But who did it? The speeches on the TV and radio indicate that there are international terrorist organizations, a parrallel with our world, and that the country is deeply divided, another parallel. BUt, are we to think that some revolutionary movement within the US provoked this war?
Also, in the old days, a global thermonuclear war would mean that the world was devastated. Here, its just the US. ON the one hand, this means that Jerhico ain't as alone today as it was in the previous series. ON the other hand, imagine if later in the series there are UN peacekeepers parachuting into the town and driving their white APCs through the streets!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I need help understanding this show. I've heard it mentioned alot on the ATS boards. They've been talking about it like it has "predicted" events or something? I have no idea because I've never watched this show so that's why I'm asking. So I guess what my question is, have there been past shows of this? Or is this one that just debuted the only one? And if there have been past shows, what were they about?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is the Pilot. It was based on a show way back when of the same name. Few plot details are revealed in the first episode so there is really no spoilers on this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
because of this thread, i watched the second episode tonight...

i missed the pilot but it didn't hurt much...

i didn't really enjoy the acting that much but the plot was good i guess...

so, from the last scene of episode two, it looks like this wasn't an isolated incident...

many US cities have been "nuked"...

this is the only aspect of the plot that i enjoyed (nuclear war / maybe terrorism, its too early to say who is to blame for the acts)...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Perhaps in the event of the Terrorist strike, the US immediately struck back at "suspected countries" in retaliation. This may have turned into a big mistake as it could potentially trigger russian hair-trigger nukes that are still aimed at US cities(despite claims to the contrary). At least in fiction.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I didn’t really like the show last night. There was too many things in the story I didn’t like. The convicts barely tried to act like cops. Even if that girl was blind and deaf she should of clued in on her own. Jericho seemed like a small town where pretty much everyone knew each other, at least that was the impression I got from the first episode. I would think that everyone would know who was law enforcement and who is not.
Also the girl grabbing the gun and then using the radio in the patrol car was pretty dumb. She couldn’t see behind her and could have been shot in the back at any time. It was just a dumb plot device to get Jake over there. Instead she should of shot both the convicts while she had the element of surprise. Or smash their heads with frying pans while they were cooking breakfast. Or smash the coffee pot in the guys face after burning his hand.

I’ll probably still watch the show but I wont be excited to see it every week.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Any show with Ashley Scott in it is OK in my book.

I'm just afraid to get commited to another show to have it canceled on me.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
AHHHHH

And the St. Louis Cop Character gets deeper and deeper..

He is going to wind up being something special....CIA, NSA, something like that..

Semper

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So far the show has been pretty interesting, I'm liking the cast, and the story line could go so many ways.
It's a bit sad that the show is almost as many ads as it is acts. They totally maxed out the commercials on this one.

I'll watch for now, but I'll look forward to it being released on DVD.

If anyone wants to look at the location that the show is filmed at see Fillmore, California on Google Earth.
The resolution is great.

If anyone wants to take a look ahead, you can find episode summaries up to episode 8 at epguides.com.
Here's a link to their Jericho page.

WARNING !!!..... SPOILERS........
epguides.com...
But not that much.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join