It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China war ships is sitting on our coast right now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok, I'm hoping like I said this is nothing.

Still wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago give or take, that we were testing our missles from the california coast into the pacific.

Now, by any chance could this have not been a test?

Could we have been shooting at the Chinese that we knew were coming in?

And, for other reason between the two governments ours and theirs the shooting stopped and they are now where they are at... Honestly, how do we know that they dont have subs all over nearby.

Sure we can strike them but look at the casualites they too can cause us being right on top of us this way.

It would have been better if they had no missles on board. It also would of been better if our government would of told us this a couple of weeks or so ago when they first knew about it. Rather, than them just being here.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Shar, you scare me.

The fact that the Chinese and US militarys are comfortable enough with each other to make this sort of visit happen is a good thing. It's about establishing good relations. Talking. It's also about showing off each other's toys as a way of letting both sides know that breakdowns in those relations would be a bad thing.

Seriously, what's with the xenophobia?
Why do you fear outsides so much?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Im feeling a little better about this. I'v done some more research found out they been here since labor day. I just wish it was talked about more. Heres our government telling us how the Chinese is an enemy then they are docking with us.

Its not easy to get news on it either. But, I found an older source

starbulletin.com...

On Labor Day six years ago, two ships from China -- the destroyer Qingdao and the oiler Taicang -- pulled into Pearl Harbor on their country's last "goodwill mission" to the United States.

At noon today, the 10-year-old Chinese guided-missile destroyer Qingdao returns to Pearl Harbor for a four-day port visit as part of a "goodwill mission" that also will include stops either in San Diego or Long Beach; Victoria in Canada and Manila. Accompanying the 488-foot Chinese destroyer will be the oiler Hong Zehu.

This paragraph helped alot. Ok Im doing much better. Just at first noone told us it was docking its not like it made the national news.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Seriously, what's with the xenophobia?
Why do you fear outsides so much?

WAKE UP and put yourself together. Two Chinese war ships really won't make an attempt to invade the US, the idea itself is pretty ridiculous and doesn't make sense at all. Though, I also agree with the statement of Raso. The current enemy is Iran, then North Korea will follow [because of its strategic position] and finally China, if meanwhile no war between the West and Muslim world breaks out. It will be the ultimate battle of the titans.

Anyway, is there any [technical] information known about those ships?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

The Chinese missile destroyer Qingdao at a glance:

Length: 488 feet , Displacement: 4,800 tons , Speed: 32 knots Commissioned: 1996

starbulletin.com...

Is this what you wanted?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Still wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago give or take, that we were testing our missles from the california coast into the pacific.

And, for other reason between the two governments ours and theirs the shooting stopped and they are now where they are at... Honestly, how do we know that they dont have subs all over nearby.

Sure we can strike them but look at the casualites they too can cause us being right on top of us this way.

Jesus H Christ man pull yourself together...

You're sounding like a teenage girl who thinks she's pregnant.

Ok for starters, if the USA was firing missiles at Chinese warships you could be damn well sure that:
a) They would have hit
b) There would be a massive war right now
c) The ships would not have continued to dock

As for the subs... it's called radar. China does not have stealth submarine or destroyer abilities. If subs were lined up around the USA, you'd know about it. So would China.

Yeah sure, the USA could strike the boat after China fires. Do you honestley think that China would risk international war just to run and gun a few missiles off a destroyer?

I have never been this serious - seek medical help. You are obviously paranoid.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

I have never been this serious - seek medical help. You are obviously paranoid.

Whatever, I believe I said I had already done some more research on this and feel alot better. Think as you will, This was not reported widely and leaves one to wonder what the heck was going on and why. I have the answer now.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

The Chinese missile destroyer Qingdao at a glance:

Length: 488 feet , Displacement: 4,800 tons , Speed: 32 knots Commissioned: 1996

starbulletin.com...

Is this what you wanted?

Yes, going to do some research on them.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It's not a big deal. China's ships have been pulling into San Diego for visits the last few years. And the Intel weenies on both sides get to do their thing.

Same thing happens in China. Our Japan based ships visit China all the time. And the same thing happens, the Intel weenies do their thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Im not for sure that is correct from my research it had been ten years. However, maybe that is talking just about this ship. Do you have any links that says they come here every few years.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Umm... as has been pointed out it was a preplanned visit, so what's the problem?

When this was first posted all I knew was that they docked. It came across cnn for about 30 seconds. Not much news on it. So I posted to get more information on it.. Others came up some news articles. I could not find it for a while and a couple of guys posted it for me. Then a mod inserted a link on my post for me. Its hard to find news on this at all. But, I fell better now thanks to all those who linked news for me.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
LOL you guys are so paranoid...

On 15 September 2000, two Chinese People's Liberation Army (Navy) [PLAN] vessels arrived at Naval Station Everett, Washington, for a goodwill visit. Other stops on their goodwill tour included Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt and Naval Station Pearl Harbor.

www.hazegray.org...

March 9, 1997 — Chinese Navy visits Pearl Harbor. Sailors aboard the Chinese destroyer Harbin (DD 112) enjoy a warm welcome from Americans at the Naval Station Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Harbin is one of three Chinese ships visiting Pearl Harbor for a goodwill tour to strengthen ties between the United States and China.

www.chinfo.navy.mil...

BEIJING -- China has a positive attitude towards dialogue and cooperation with the United States in the military sector, said Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang here Thursday.
"The scale and extent of future cooperation depends on discussion between the two sides," Qin told a regular press conference.
The Chinese and the US navy vessels conducted offshore search and rescue exercises on September 9 in California, part of the China-US joint anti-terrorism military exercises.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Two U.S. Navy ships stationed in Japan arrived Monday in China's southern port of Zhanjiang as part of an ongoing series of visits to improve Sino-U.S. military relations.

goliath.ecnext.com...

China agrees US navy visit
An American navy task force, led by the carrier USS Constellation, has arrived in Hong Kong on a courtesy visit...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Anok, what is the secret to getting all those links to come up. I had a hard time finding them. Maybe you can tell me what I did wrong and so I can do it a heck of lot better next time.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I just put 'Chinese Navy visits US' and 'US Navy visits China'...

Pretty easy huh?

Edit; There were a lot more results than that but a lot of the pages wouldn't open for me.

www.google.com...

[edit on 20/9/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
we really have nothing to be worried about, if they are going to attack us its going to be without warning. In my oppinion its just a way to show their strength to the public. i think in a fiew decades weve got somthing to worry about, but for now we are aok.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
pretty easy huh?
Edit; There were a lot more results than that but a lot of the pages wouldn't open for me.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Still I hope the ATS dont care when something concerns me that I come on here and post it. Get others ideas and opinions on the topic. This is my second home. lol Im on here alot. I love to read peoples post, talk to them. And post concerns of my own.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hey NP Shar...Don't worry about it, I've posted some doozies in the past without checking around first. If I wasn't in the Navy myself and new the Chinese and other Navies (Russian, Indian etc..) visit US ports I would have thought the same as you did.

It's better to do what you did than just ignore everything like most of the sheeple.
Don't take my paranoid comment too seriously...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Don't take my paranoid comment too seriously...

Well when it comes to my country I am a bit paranoid you'll see that alot in my post. I question everything. I mean everything. I like to know exactly what is going on and why.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Just do a google for 'goodwill navals visits' or 'official naval visits' and you'll get loads of links on goodwill visits by various navies to various places.
Actually googling for something is very dependant on the mindset/point of view you're googling to and hence to words you key in for the search.
I hope we can put this to rest now.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Those of you who ar afraid are whats holding progress back. The US docks at foreign ports all the time the chinese come here to bring friendly relations and show that niether side will benefit in a confrontation over Taiwan or oil.

I mean get real you think this is a stepping stone in a new world order plan or that it is some kind ofthreat to us, were building good relations so that those ignorant narrow minded ones of you out there can sleep easier at night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join