It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ShowDown At UN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well todays the day, big showdown at the United Nations, with the Presdient of Iran and the President of the US addressing the General Assembly.

This is certainly going to be interesting to say the least.

Who do you think is going to come out on top today.

Bush or his main No 1 Enemmy, The presdident of Iran.

The White House is reportedly working flat out to make sure President Bush does not bump into Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Both leaders will address the Assembly, although they will be separated by a gap of several hours to avoid any chance of a verbal face-off.

News
Source

I will be watching both speeches with Interest, see who attacks who first.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The US President is a wimp. Irans president will be the have the opening words.
I mean, the presidents got his best men, making sure bush doesnt have to explain himself.

In a true peaceful world, both coutrines should be willing to sit down face to face... to avoid a military conflict...

If the situation is that grave, where the military option is on the table, you'd think for the chance of avoiding war.. they could manage to sit down together and explain there sides...

But the American president is making sure he never comes close..
But when he's up there, addressing his nation... explaining his war on terror strategy..... Id expect ahmajadine to stand up, and directly question bush straight up.. make sure the camera's see his instant expression on his face when faced with a challenege, a potential leadership ruining statement..

I hope he makes an absolute fool of bush. We the people cant get the western world out of it, maybe we should jsut let him sit in front of the camera for an hour, being directly question without being informed prior...

Im sure that'll convince country to push hard enough on the citizens to impeech there president..

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i agree Agit8dChop. i think its rediculous at the united nations of all places bush wont even look the iranian president in the eyes. is this how we deal with our problems? how can you sit and threaten to take military action on a country and not even have a sitdown with their president. this administration is making me sick and its hightime the american people do something about it.

heres the link to the live feeds for anyone sitting at work or without access to a TV.

www.un.org...

on a side note, im at work in the city and its very very scary around here today. more police and armed troops than ive seen in a LOOOONG time.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

But the American president is making sure he never comes close..
But when he's up there, addressing his nation... explaining his war on terror strategy..... Id expect ahmajadine to stand up, and directly question bush straight up.. make sure the camera's see his instant expression on his face when faced with a challenege, a potential leadership ruining statement..

That would be interesting and fun to watch.

Imagine Bush's face if he does do that.

Man this is gonne be interesting to watch.

Can they remove him if he does though? Theres a thought

As thet say in wrestling LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEE

[edit on 19-9-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What times are the speechs supposed to happen...roughly?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The iran president is going to skip the lunch because alcohol is going to be served.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am not really looking forward to my President being shown up as an idiot by the leader of a mediavalistic fundamentalist theocracy.

O, how the mighty have fallen

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Bush will make His address with be at 4:30pm UK time,

The Presdident of Iran will make his UN Address wil take place around 5:30pm or 6:00pm i think.(UK time)

I am actually looking forward to Busg being upstaged and embarrased by the Pres of Iran if it comes to this ( and in the red corner US and in the blue corner Iran), Who wins you decide

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
oh man, Whats with the New Video why not Live. All those reporters there and they cant give it live.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
intresing to wach, at what time is this taking place again? US is a big country, from LA to New york there is a big difference in time zones.
So when is this taking place.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
11:30 am et. for Pres. Bush.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Who do you think is going to come out on top today.

Bush or his main No 1 Enemmy, The presdident of Iran.

Both leaders will address the Assembly, although they will be separated by a gap of several hours to avoid any chance of a verbal face-off.

News
Source

I will be watching both speeches with Interest, see who attacks who first.

Ofcourse they will be separated, nobody wants their dear Bush to trip over himself!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah but the President of Iran might be sitting watching Bush's Speech

Hope he does jump up and start shouting at him. Maybe the SS will shoot him in the head.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Pres. Bush is speaking right now.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Aight watching him right now. No shouting at him as of yet (damm)

Oh he is holding no punches in his speech eh.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Watching it also, actually seems somewhat civilized so far.

Is it just me, or when he addressed Iran, did it seem like he was seperating the Iranian people from their government, maybe subtly saying they need a new leader?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I didn't see Bush's speech, can anybody publish a transcript of what he said? Or give a helpful link?

Also, I'm now aware that Ahmadinejad's speech will be put back because of the thai situation. Anybody know when that speech will now be broadcast?

[edit on 19-9-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here's the transcript. As to Ahmadinajad's speech, last word on that is 7pm EST.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here You go this should be it for you.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Is this Administration confused...or delusional?

this from cnn.com

Bush said people who have hope for a future "are less likely to blow themselves up in suicide attacks" and asked Muslim nations to support democratic reforms in the Middle East.

source: cnn.com

and follows up with this a few sentences later...

Bush cited Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt as examples of countries providing the diplomatic and financial leadership needed to foster Mideast democracy.

Ummm... maybe its me.... but werent 15 of the hijackers from Saudi Arabia?
Man this Administration just cant get its act straight can it? People with futures(like the Saudis) wont want to blow themselves up.?

I cant wait to hear what Ahmadinejad will say tonight...I just love watching these two hypocritical govts. point the blame back and forth...so grown up of them.

Lets see what happens tonight.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join